Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Newbie in Phoenix AZ (Read 1328 times)
Bronco
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Newbie in Phoenix AZ
Oct 28th, 2008 at 1:39pm

MY name is Todd I live in AZ with my wife and two little kids.  I have just recently started experiencing exactly what everyone here describes as a cluster headache.  It started about two weeks ago.  I have the shadow headache on the right side of my head and neck all day long.  Then I get the skull crushing headache about once a night or two nights.  My eye waters, my temple feels like it is going to pop.  During this time I can't lay down I have to pace or be elevated in a recliner.  Since it has only been two weeks the only thing I have tried is a chiropractor.  Once I found you guys I realized what it most likely is and a chiro is pretty much useless.  There is a lot more I could explain right now, but I will keep it short being my first post.  I pray for a goodnight sleep for everyone. Smiley

IP Logged

thebbz
Ex Member

Re: Newbie in Phoenix AZ
Reply #1 - Oct 28th, 2008 at 2:32pm

Welcome Todd,
Here are some common treatments. Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or RegisterCaffeine and 02 will abort CH. Energy drinks as well. That will get ya started on some pain relief. Check out the links on the left of the board.
Now get to the doc and seek a referral to a neurologist for proper diagnosis and treatment.
all the best
thebb

IP Logged

wewcaj
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #2 - Oct 28th, 2008 at 3:23pm

Run don't walk to a good neurologist. They can't cure us but they sure can help.

IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Do not feed the Moderators

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #3 - Oct 28th, 2008 at 4:27pm

Hi Todd and welcome.  You are among friends here and I'm happy you found us.

I've got a lot of friends in Phoenix and if you need help finding a good Dr. who is knowledgable about CH I hope you will contact this guy.

His name is Chris and he lives in Phoenix too.  Here is his e-mail address.  chris.stuckey@cox.net   You can tell him that I sent you to him.

If that doesn't work out I'll get you more addresses of others in the Phoenix/Mesa area.   While you may in fact have CH....you truly need a diagnosis to rule out other conditions as well as getting on an appropriate treatment plan.

Linda

Hurt people.....hurt people.   Think about it.
WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

Bronco
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #4 - Oct 28th, 2008 at 7:18pm

I thank you for the information.  I will email him as soon as I'm done with this message to you.  On my way home from work today I was thinking about asking you guys if you knew any good doctors in AZ.  I logged in and saw your message.  I really appreciate it.

IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Do not feed the Moderators

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #5 - Oct 28th, 2008 at 7:36pm

Good. Everyone here is most willing to help anyone new.  That is what we do.

Let me know..... please if  you need others addresses.

Hurt people.....hurt people.   Think about it.
WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

shark boy
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Reply #6 - Oct 31st, 2008 at 11:02pm

Hi Todd

I spent some time @ the Mayo in Scottsdale. I was close to the end of my rope.  They pulled me up. I still go their for my yearly check up. My opinion,,, They are the best....

Good Luck

Shark Boy

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!