Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 
Send Topic Print
WHY don't we pay attention to this? (Read 133435 times)
MITYRARE
CH.com Old Timer

autocross racer

Ontario, Canada
Re: WHY don't we pay attention to this?
Reply #450 - Jan 2nd, 2013 at 5:00pm

Recently missed a dose of testosterone and the next day BAM! hit with a nasty.

I actually raised my T dose a bit to cover shadows and so far (fingers crossed) its working well.

Paul

Paul
"car crazy"

IP Logged

DennisM1045
CH.com Alumnus

One wave at a time!

Haverhill, Massachusetts, USA
Reply #451 - Jan 16th, 2013 at 3:04pm

Things are slowly unraveling here.  It looks like the beast has finally found his way through the TGEL.  I went from one bad day every few weeks in November to at least one a day in late December.  It's been two full weeks of consistant attacks so I think this is the real deal.

Last week I felt like things were escallating and using that much Imitrex was making me nervous.  It's gonna cost me $45/month but I need my Oxygen.  So I got the tanks delivered on Friday.  I'd always heard the hype about Imitrex use leading to more attacks.  Well I suffered through 11 attacks in 48 hours before things began to calm down.  I'm now seeing two - three attacks a day which is normal. 

My T level was in the 900s last September so I know it's in my system.  Unfortunately it just isn't working against the beast any more.  On to the next magic bullet.

I'm getting serious about Batches methods now.  I'd been taking a combined Calcium/Magneseum/D3 supplement but hadn't gone the full route yet.  But that is a topic for another thread.

Good luck folks...

-Dennis-

Where there is life, there is hope.
Where there is Oxygen, you must use proper caution.
So be safe, don't smoke while using O2. Kill the pain and not yourself.
dennism1045 dennism1045 524417261 DennisM1045 DennisM1045  
IP Logged

MITYRARE
CH.com Old Timer

autocross racer

Ontario, Canada
Reply #452 - Feb 24th, 2013 at 7:14pm

Sorry to hear this. I am holding on well but I do know for sure that everything that has ever worked for me eventually stopped working.

Testosterone is doing me a great service and I hope it continues but I am always aware that the beast will find a way around it sooner or later.

All the best

Paul

Paul
"car crazy"

IP Logged

MITYRARE
CH.com Old Timer

autocross racer

Ontario, Canada
Reply #453 - Mar 23rd, 2013 at 6:05pm

bump

Paul
"car crazy"

IP Logged

MITYRARE
CH.com Old Timer

autocross racer

Ontario, Canada
Reply #454 - Jun 11th, 2013 at 9:18am

bumpity for a treatment that has been proven successful time and time again in Canada with many patients.... are our headaches that much different from those south of the border?

P

Paul
"car crazy"

IP Logged

Kevin g
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #455 - Jan 24th, 2015 at 10:21pm

Hi all,

Thanks for this thread. I've found it most interesting having just begin TRT using Androderm patches at the rate of two patches per day totally 8mg. The prescription normally calls for one patch per day to treat Low-T so I'd like to eventually (sooner than later) work my way down to that level.

I've been in a series of cluster phases since early September, 2014. Typically I'll have a couple of phases that stretch out over two months and then be done for a year or more. Not this time.

My neurologist suggested this route of therapy and tested my testosterone level. Sure enough it was low at 137.

I just began the Androderm yesterday so it's too early to tell what I may expect but I'm hopeful.

Again, I just want to thank you all for the thread and your input here and would appreciate any updates you may have to share.

Kevin g

IP Logged

drixhen
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #456 - Jan 29th, 2015 at 8:24pm

Just came across this thread.

For what it's worth I'm 18 months chronic now and just had my testosterone tested and came back normal. I'm 32 y.o male

IP Logged

sunya123
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #457 - Feb 20th, 2015 at 2:22am

Thankyou to everyone on this thread.I found this quite by accident and my Partner who has suffered with CH for 17 years has just begun testosterone therapy.He is on day 2.

I went to the Dr, with him and asked for a blood test.His testosterone and TSH came back low.

Since we came back from vaction his Clusters began with a vengance and we just endured 11 straight days of KIP 9 headaches 2-3 times daily.Weve been in and out of hospital every other day or treating with Demerol at home.Its a horrendous nightmare..that when I began frantically searching for any new info I may have missed.He's tried every drug out there, hes had his nerves cauterized and botox injections.

Day 2 on testerone and today he did not have a CH until 9 pm which is a really big deal.Trying not to get too excited, but I am VERY HOPEFUL Smiley

IP Logged

Bob Johnson
CH.com Alumnus

"Only the educated are
free." -Epictetus

Kennett Square, PA (USA)
Reply #458 - Feb 20th, 2015 at 10:14am

A search of the National Library of Medicine (largest in the U.S.) suggests that this issue has disappeared in medical circles.

There were around 25 citations (abstracts from medical journals) from 1976 to 2006 and zero since then. They cover the world's major medical journals.

Bob Johnson

IP Logged

sunya123
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #459 - Mar 12th, 2015 at 12:48am

Well week 3 of testosterone treament.He was able to get 3-4 days of pain free two times... but once the clouds roll in he's back to severve Clusters and Demerol shots Sad

Really had hope, but it's not looking good.Any suggestions? Should we try a higher does or Clomid? He's on 5 pumps of Andro Gel daily.

Really was praying Cry

IP Logged

tangerinearmy
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Reply #460 - Mar 22nd, 2015 at 8:38pm

i had blood tests done at a NHS health check here in the UK cos im over 50 and the gp surgery phoned me and said i need more blood work and said low T,

i have been busting with magic truffles once a month(i like it Cheesy)and HAVE NOT HAD ANY ATTACKS.

im wondering if i may be in cycle hence the low T but busting has kept the beast at bay.

well i hope its that and nothing sinister

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!