Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Stoke up your coffee (Read 1865 times)
666ouch
CH.com Newbie

Live in the solution...not
the problem

Alexandria, VA
Stoke up your coffee
Dec 12th, 2008 at 6:29am

I found this product, probably at a Wal Mart this summer while I was traveling in my RV. I just found it in the kitchen cabinet this morning. OMG this is great stuff. 40mg of caffeine in an espresso shot packaged in a little creamer like container. Can you imagine how easy it is to make an ultra caffeinated beverage? They say not to use more than 2 per day, "yeah whatever". I went to their web site Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register and found out that I can get 50 shots delivered to my house for under .45 cents per shot, including shipping. Quantities of 100 or 200 are even less. They say they don't ship to Canada, I suppose that includes the rest of the planet as well.

Having been PF for 4 years when I bought this stuff I never thought about CH Tx. This stuff in an ice coffee will run circles around Mountain Dew at the onset of a hit.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register Being crazy is the only thing that keeps me from going insane!
WWW scheve1775@aol.com  
IP Logged

wildhaus
CH.com Alumnus

Wildhaus|Switzerland
Re: Stoke up your coffee
Reply #1 - Dec 12th, 2008 at 11:01am

I am sorry, but I miss your point, with 40mg Caffeine, you are at about the level of soft drinks, which I still can not comprehend how it can help abort a CH episode….. Unless we talk at the cooling effect..
I post (again) the Caffeine levels in various drinks, so I reactivated the quantities in comparison to the data you have given  

Product                  Serving size            Caffeine per serving (mg)       Caffeine per litre (mg
Coffee, Starbucks            Tall 12 U.S. fl oz                 240                                   650-700
Coffee, brewed              207 mL (7 U.S. fl oz)                80–135                             386–652
Coffee, drip                  207 mL (7 U.S. fl oz)             115–175 555                        845
Coffee, espresso          44–60 mL (1.5-2 U.S. fl oz)      100                               1691–2254
Excedrin tablet                   1 tablet                             65                                N/A
Caffeine tablet (extra strength)     1 tablet                   200                                   N/A
Red Bull                  250 mL (8.2 U.S. fl oz)                 80                                   320
Soft drink, Coca-Cola     355 mL (12 U.S. fl oz)           34                                    96

Quote:
“40mg of caffeine in an espresso shot packaged in a little creamer like container.”

a normal Espresso has a 100mg. per about 50ml.  so it is 2.5  times the quantity you have mentioned……
Sorry I am not running to buy the product you have mentioned, I rather press a button on my  Espresso-Machine ...
 and enjoy the real stuff…. and have much more Caffeine effect…..

Michael

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

666ouch
CH.com Newbie

the problem

Alexandria, VA
Reply #2 - Dec 12th, 2008 at 4:10pm

Michael,
Far be it  for me to bring up a product that someone might find helpful without first asking your opinion about its possible benefits. It just might be that your understanding is not necessary in order for it to be true.

I am not exactly sure why you popped off about this. I guess you did not understand Quote:
"They say they don't ship to Canada, I suppose that includes the rest of the planet as well."
Last I checked Switzerland is not in the U.S. This severely limits the possibilities of you becoming a customer.

According to your chart, Espresso has 100mg of caffeine and a regular brewed cup of coffee has 80 - 135 mg of caffeine. If the coffee drinker added 1 or 2 Stok to the 80 - 135mg cup of coffee how much caffeine would it have?

120mg - 215mg. Ah yes you did miss the point, this is an easy to carry and use product that bumps up the caffeine level of a readily available product. Espresso is available at coffee shops in the States and is rather expensive unless you make it at home. One is much more likely to come across a coffee pot at the office, in a store or waiting room and get the coffee for free or very cheap.

This is a very attractive concept to me. I can get a lot of caffeine at a reasonable price that may not completely abort a CH episode but in my case it will usually buy me some time to get to O2, meds., or just a more comfortable place.

Your comments appear to have been generated by "Contempt prior to investigation"
Steve

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register Being crazy is the only thing that keeps me from going insane!
WWW scheve1775@aol.com  
IP Logged

Jimi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Don't feed the moderators

Madisonville, KY
Reply #3 - Dec 12th, 2008 at 4:23pm

Quote:
Far be it  for me to bring up a product that someone might find helpful without first asking your opinion about its possible benefits.

Quote:
Your comments appear to have been generated by "Contempt prior to investigation

Steve, I just reread Michael's opinion on your post and maybe he didn't understand what you were saying, but I saw nothing borderlying disrespect. He just stated his opinion as he understood it.

Gotta have tougher skin and not get upset just because someone disagrees with you on a subject.  Smiley

I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/ Hendrix1473  
IP Logged

wildhaus
CH.com Alumnus

Wildhaus|Switzerland
Reply #4 - Dec 12th, 2008 at 4:40pm

If you post on CH.com about a product, or for that matter on any thing, you have to except comments, or opinions…..

Quote:I guess you did not understand

I am afraid you didn’t understand….. I don’t get Jelly beans in Switzerland but I do get them shipped across for my wife! even if we are not a part of the USA, and I am happy you did figure it out! we do have DHL or Fed Ex. and I do have friends and family that can order and ship it for me if I would find that I need it! So I think you sharpened your “key Board” before thinking this trough!
And you will not believe it, but the web link you gave is in German….. on my end of the world so we can order stuff from them….. unless you see it in German to…. for the USA market….

I will use your words “Your answer appears to have been generated by "Contempt prior to investigation"

Michael

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

666ouch
CH.com Newbie

the problem

Alexandria, VA
Reply #5 - Dec 12th, 2008 at 5:51pm

Michael,

Please accept my apologies. I could have simply spoken my mind in response to your post without being disrespectful. I have a tendency to get carried away when I am passionate about things such as CH pain relief.

Steve

WWW scheve1775@aol.com  
IP Logged

webgopher
CH.com Junior

I may get older, but I
refuse to grow up.

x0|Lafayette|USA||0|0|IN,Indiana
Reply #6 - Dec 13th, 2008 at 3:19pm

I found Stoked at a local Gas Station/Convenience Store in their coffee bar. It's a nice add-in. I've seen it on eBay and they do have a wabsite if anyone wants to order direct.

IP Logged

coach_bill
CH.com Hall of Famer

"Dont expect me to lay
down for this"

x0|euclid|USA||0|0|OH,Ohio
Reply #7 - Dec 13th, 2008 at 4:39pm

Play nice, and to honest i have never aborted a CH with caffeine. I dont know why but it just has never happened. There have been days when i had long shadows and drinking a cup of joe seemed to ease it up a bit. But ever since i found this website when i travel im always on the look out for redbull or jolt, now i will be keeping my eye open for these as well. Thanks for t he tip. Coach Bill

boy i cant wait till it's my turn to give him a headache. paybacks a bitch
IP Logged

UnderTheRadar
CH.com Old Timer

Literally

Texas
Reply #8 - Dec 13th, 2008 at 8:00pm

I just want to give Steve a pat on the back for manning up and apologizing so nicely. I was getting worried this might turn into a shoot-out!!  Grin

As a 12-year veteran Barista (espresso-drink maker,)  I just wanted to remind everybody that, generally, you can count on regular coffee as having three times the caffeine as one espresso drink- in other words,

ONE SMALL
brew or drip coffee =
THREE SMALL
lattes, mochas or capps
                                                or
ONE LARGE
latte, mocha or capp

People never want to believe this...but there is hard science behind it.  So, since most folks in the US don't like plain espresso, and three lattes are a LOT of liquid, then these Stok things sound great, because you get more caffeine packed into a smaller volume of liquid to chug!  Shocked

Remember- double-line the foil, shiny side out.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!