Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Redose or not to Redose that is the ? (Read 2808 times)
billy_the_kid
CH.com Junior

x0||USA||0|0|TX,Texas
Redose or not to Redose that is the ?
Dec 14th, 2008 at 1:23am

I have dosed 3 times(RC seeds) in the past three weeks, the last time with fresh seeds. The last time was this past Sunday. Since then I had one hit that woke me out of my sleep Monday night and I was lucky to RED Bull it to death and then another hit this morning(Saturday) and I was able to RED BUll that one also. My question is should I redose Sunday or not ?
  I took 40 seeds last time...............

"....at night I wake up with the sheets soak and wet with a freight train running through the middle of my head....."

IP Logged

Rolomatic
Ex Member

Re: Redose or not to Redose that is the ?
Reply #1 - Dec 14th, 2008 at 1:32am

Billy,

It’s hard to say, are you chronic or episodic? I tried them with good results (as a chronic) and got so so results for about two weeks. After that it dropped off. I was dosing with 40 seeds every 3 days at the end and just could not do more than that. They seem to work better for the episodic for kicking out of cycle. The best results that I can remember, is to start them 2-3 weeks before your cycle starts. I hope this is helpful, and there are many more here that have tried them so just wait and I’m sure they will chime in also…

Roland. Wink
« Last Edit: Dec 14th, 2008 at 1:34am by N/A »  

IP Logged

billy_the_kid
CH.com Junior

x0||USA||0|0|TX,Texas
Reply #2 - Dec 14th, 2008 at 1:39am

I am episodic, thank God.
thanks

"....at night I wake up with the sheets soak and wet with a freight train running through the middle of my head....."

IP Logged

billy_the_kid
CH.com Junior

x0||USA||0|0|TX,Texas
Reply #3 - Dec 14th, 2008 at 1:46am

Oh yeah this year I have been taking 20 seeds per month as a preventative and then my cycle started anyway. The seed were 16 months old. So the last time I redosed, I used a new batch of seeds as I explained above.

Realistically guys do "yall" think there will be a cure or a sure fire preventive in the near future ?

Thanks

IP Logged

MJ
CH.com Hall of Famer

x1||USA|usa|299|85|MN
Reply #4 - Dec 14th, 2008 at 1:52am

By all means hit it again.

I would consider a lower dose of say 20 or so seeds of your current batch as things may be equalizing in the body and mind.
For some reason the LSA seems to not be as effective when increasing the dose above the original, at least for me.

The increased dosages "may" be part of the reasons why some fail following some initial success..

Any input on that by others.

MJ

IP Logged

MrsT
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

San Diego, CA
Reply #5 - Dec 14th, 2008 at 6:40am

I have trouble grasping the logic behind "less may be better", unless seeds give bad side effects.

Quote:
Realistically guys do "yall" think there will be a cure or a sure fire preventive in the near future ?

There's no "cure" unless some neurosurgeon figures out how to poke the hypothalamus or researchers come up with drugs that actually "fix" the real problem which isn't completely known yet.

I take seeds as a preventative (like Verapamil).  If seeds reduce the frequency and intensity of CH, great.  Even better if they actually break the cycle (has happened to many episodics).  

As long as you still get hit, my vote is also to hit it again every 5-7 days until the beast is back in its cage.

IP Logged

coach_bill
CH.com Hall of Famer

"Dont expect me to lay
down for this"

x0|euclid|USA||0|0|OH,Ohio
Reply #6 - Dec 14th, 2008 at 12:35pm

Slam away. I woke up about 8 days ago with a low kip 5-6. was able to get right back to bed after a few minutes, but the next night i slammed 40 seeds and tonight i will do a smaller dose of 35. Thanks, Coach Bill

boy i cant wait till it's my turn to give him a headache. paybacks a bitch
IP Logged

Marc
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Dec 14th, 2008 at 8:51pm

MJ wrote on Dec 14th, 2008 at 1:52am:
I would consider a lower dose of say 20 or so seeds of your current batch as things may be equalizing in the body and mind.
For some reason the LSA seems to not be as effective when increasing the dose above the original, at least for me.

The increased dosages "may" be part of the reasons why some fail following some initial success..

I would like to hear more about your opinion on this. I read what you posted, but I'd like to hear more.

Marc

IP Logged

billy_the_kid
CH.com Junior

x0||USA||0|0|TX,Texas
Reply #8 - Dec 15th, 2008 at 3:15am

I had only 2 hits the past 7 days and Red Bull knocked both of them out. Still having shadows though............
      Should I hold out as I think Pinkfloyd might have mentioned in another thread to someone else ? Or should I redose ? 20 , 30 , 40 seeds .....................

IP Logged

UnderTheRadar
CH.com Old Timer

Literally

Texas
Reply #9 - Dec 16th, 2008 at 9:47pm

I got some good info on the seeds and the hallucinogens in general:

it's looking like dosage is not as important as frequency of dosing....

if you are trying to break a cycle vs. prevent a cycle, you may need to redose 3, 4, even 5 times.....

they aren't sure yet about the effectiveness of seeds vs. mushrooms vs. LSD, mainly because all evidence at this point is anecdotal and there's no way to know what dosage everyone's been taking...

don't forget- within 20 mins. of taking any of the indole-ring hallucinogens the "doors" to the receptors are shut, and it takes 3-5 days for them to reset- so it won't do anything to take more stuff until you wait at least that long.  Maybe it's taking your brain longer than that to reset?

don't give up hope- the docs who are studying this have gotten approval from the FDA to do a clinical trial on clusterheads; now they are just trying to raise the money to do it.  And don't forget, LSD was first synthesized in the search for a cure for these headaches; the KNOW it works!!

Remember- double-line the foil, shiny side out.

IP Logged

billy_the_kid
CH.com Junior

x0||USA||0|0|TX,Texas
Reply #10 - Dec 17th, 2008 at 2:10am

Where do I sign up for the clinical trials??? Lets get the ball rolling.

Where in Texas are you from UndertheRadar ?

Thanks for the info so far! Keep the info coming on these seeds.

Maybe we should have an area(forum) just for RC seeds and Shrooms with peoples experiences(i.e. dosing etc)

IP Logged

UnderTheRadar
CH.com Old Timer

Literally

Texas
Reply #11 - Dec 17th, 2008 at 4:42am

I'm living in the Austin area- you know, the spot where the allergies are the worst in the world!!!  Grin  Yeah, I'd love to get in on the clinical trials- you know, get the PHARMACEUTICAL GRADE stuff!!!!  Shocked

so far, tho, I've noticed that I'm severely depressed for a day or two after the seeds vs. the shrooms, but that might just be a coincidence.  But it's so much easier to get the seeds.... *sigh*

Remember- double-line the foil, shiny side out.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!