Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
G'day all. (Read 1387 times)
memling
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Europe
G'day all.
Jan 28th, 2009 at 4:01pm

This turned into a rant somewhere a long the way. Be warned, hehe...

In my search for a treatment, I've visited this site many times over the years and I even made a few posts on the old forum. So I suppose I'm not really new to the community Smiley

Sadly, I'm not new to the pain either. I was sixteen when I had my first episodes. I was eighteen when I became a chronic sufferer. The first few years were a constant struggle to find some sort of medication that would actually work. I tried everything on and off that list most of us will probably know. The things that worked, only worked for a short period of time or had so many side-effects, it simply wasn't an option. An issue many chronic patients will undoubtedly recognize.

The past few years, I have given up the frantic search. I just try to cope as best I can, but lately I have been having quite a hard time again...

Over the years holding down a job for very long has proven near impossible. Not only because of medical reasons, but also due to the fact I can be prone to irritability. I don't suffer fools easily and well... there are a lot of fools about. Still, I manage to get along one way or another.

But... because of the fact I don't often talk about the pain and rarely show the extreme agony, it is sometimes hard for the people around me to understand my situation. And I start to feel guilty for not having a more traditional lifestyle.

I am in my late twenties now and recently I went back to University to become a teacher, but concentration is a mayor problem. Because of the pain and also because I'm tired all the time. I feel my grasp is slipping. I don't want to fail my studies this time around. And I feel as if I can't talk to anyone about my pain and fear.

Buh. Sorry for the nagging. My next post will be something about cute animals. Promise.

IP Logged

UnderTheRadar
CH.com Old Timer

Literally

Texas
Re: G'day all.
Reply #1 - Jan 28th, 2009 at 6:38pm

Hey there, I'm sorry you have to be on the crazy train...I'm in school now, too, so I understand what you're going through.   Tongue

Remember- double-line the foil, shiny side out.

IP Logged

Iddy
CH.com Alumnus

Smile

Toronto,Canada
Reply #2 - Jan 28th, 2009 at 7:35pm

This site is like being tossed a lifeline.

All you have to do is reach out a grab it.

There are many wonderful experienced family members on call.

Walk in Peace. Smiley

Walk in Peace

"If you can, help others, if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." Dalai Lama

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #3 - Jan 28th, 2009 at 8:34pm

Have you tried oxygen yet? Over 80% success rate for men, no ugly side effects, easy and cheap, certainly worth a shot.Read the hi lighted link on the left.

Glad you found us again, let's see if we can get you up and running again!

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Reply #4 - Jan 28th, 2009 at 9:21pm

G'day Meling, and welcome to the last circus in the world to operate without a safety net. Sorry you to come looking for us but here we are, large as life just better smelling.

Of course there's only one known cure for this rotten condition and it involves simply sending beer-vouchers to the Boomerang Hotel, Mackay (attn AB). Results have been astounding and I've written many testimonials to prove it.

Otherwise, it's also worth revisiting things that worked in the past then stopped. Sometimes they come good again. Good old oxygen therapy has been improved dramatically in recent times and remains first weapon of choice for many.

Naturally, frozen peas remain our great friends but beware the bags of frozen mixed vegetables as some have been found to contain carrot and we all know too well what that can do a person.

All the best, keep fighting the good fight, and here's cheers to ya,

Brian down under.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

memling
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Europe
Reply #5 - Jan 29th, 2009 at 3:17am

Oxygen is indeed one of the best treatments so far. It did actually help for a quite while. I know about revisiting treatments, so I've been meaning to give some another shot as soon as I find a decent medical insurance to cover the expenses.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!