Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Always look on the bright side of life? (Read 1524 times)
Munkey
CH.com Newbie

Always look on the bright side of life?
Jun 22nd, 2009 at 11:32am

Hey fellow CH suffers, immediate or by proxy(yes, that's what we are).
I was watchinfg my husband having the usual eound of attacks this weekend just past and some of the hunour of the situation stuck me...(and before anyopne kicks off at me for being insensitive, I mean it in the spirit of fun and humour and with no malice at all).
Does anyone else notice their loved one does certain things which could be seen as comical when they have a CH attack?
My husband 'smooths' thing...like his hands are flat irons...I often joke to him when he starts it that I'll get out the clothes that need ironing. Sometimes that little bit of humour helps to diffuse a bit of the tension...sometimes it doesn't but it does help to distract from the pain a little I think...he also paces the flat, tapping the walls with his fingers, which reminds me of an Autistic boy I used to teach.
These are but  a few of the quirky little things he does that raise a giggle from me, despite my worry and despair at the overall situation. Anyone else got any?

IP Logged

QnHeartMM
CH.com Sponsor

I AM a Phoenix!

San Diego, CA
Re: Always look on the bright side of life?
Reply #1 - Jun 22nd, 2009 at 7:22pm

That is interesting Munkey. I don't think I've noticed anything like that with my husband when he's in cycle. In general he doesn't like things to be disorganized, so when he's in cycle I TRY really hard to make sure things are in good order around here, to reduce things that might frustrate him. But I haven't really noticed him doing those types of things.

Treat people with kind words.

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Reply #2 - Jun 22nd, 2009 at 8:08pm

It's hard to laugh sometimes, Munkey, but go to the CH Specific board and look at a thread entitled "Dopiest responses".

We're with you on this one.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

Munkey
CH.com Newbie

Reply #3 - Jun 24th, 2009 at 3:32am

LOL

Maybe mine's just odd...

AussieBrian! Im Aussie too, but living in the UK rught now...coming home to visit next month...so excited...apart from the flying 24hrs with a CH sufferer.... Tongue

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!