Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
How long should 1 detox before taking LSD 4results (Read 4031 times)
Monika
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Tehachapi, CA
How long should 1 detox before taking LSD 4results
Jan 12th, 2010 at 10:19pm

Hello,

I've been reading SOOOOOO many topics on here which I say has been such a help, thank you. But I can't seem to find anything regarding how long one should wait (detoxing) meds such as Imitrex to then have a good chance that LSD will work.

I'm speaking on behalf of my poor brother, who is scaring me so much  Cry He's in so much pain, I cant' figure out what to do. I've taken him to the hospital, neurologist, and not much help is coming from either. Since he's started the meds such like Imitrex, his headaches have some how yea gone away when he takes them but it seens to be giving the rebound effect with more headaches on a daily basis and more powerful during this cycle.. its been the worst cycle ever!!!

I just read about the LSD and how its helped a lot of people and I know my brother has had some experience with this stuff so I trust he can handle it.. but what I need to know is if anyone knows how much time does one need to detox from imitrex to then try the LSD?

My brother tried detoxing for 24 hours but the pain hit too hard that he took an Imitrex right now..  Cry Its too hard for him to NOT take the pill.. but we really need to give this LSD a try!

I'm currently working on getting my bro the oxygen but that's taking some time and its hard also figuring out how to break the imitrex cycle...

How can you stop taking imitrex to detox when its the only thing that stops these cluster headaches? Its like a trap.. you need it to stop the pain.. but you need to stop it in order to stop the rebound cluster headaches from coming back.. my brother has NEVER had cluster headaches this bad... I really believe imitrex is messing with him more.. he believes it too!

Anyone know how to stop the use of imitrex in order to try LSD? at least how much time of detox would be necessary? 12 hours? 24?

Please, anything right now would be helpful. It hurts me to see my big bro go through this.. i feel so helpless and I can't imagine what he's going through... he keeps syaing he feels like he's not even living life.  Cry

IP Logged

Potter
CH.com Alumnus

Team MOOSE DROOL Stinky
Stuff on a Hook Prostaff

Blgs.Mt.
Re: How long should 1 detox before taking LSD 4results
Reply #1 - Jan 12th, 2010 at 10:23pm

Oxygen works.

Potter

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #2 - Jan 12th, 2010 at 10:29pm

clusterbusters.com

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

MattyAA
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Poland, EU
Reply #3 - Jan 12th, 2010 at 11:02pm

I believe detox time was 5-7 days?

IP Logged

Monika
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Tehachapi, CA
Reply #4 - Jan 12th, 2010 at 11:17pm

MattyAA wrote on Jan 12th, 2010 at 11:02pm:
I believe detox time was 5-7 days?

^omg that long?
wow.. my brother couln't handle being off the crap for more than 24 hours! how can one handle that!
Is there another thing that can help ease the pain in attempt to detox from Imitrex?

How well would verapamil work to ease it or oxygen?

oh and is verpamil a bad mix with LSD? trying to figure out the minor details before a big decision is made.

Thanks so far for all the answers!

IP Logged

bonkers
CH.com Old Timer

What is THIS?

San Diego, California
Reply #5 - Jan 13th, 2010 at 12:08am

If you have ready access to LSD and your brother has taken it before, you might try 1/2 dose and see if it works while still taking the Imitrex. My son takes Methadone, which is also a psychedelic inhibitor, for his CH pain. He also wasn't able to detox completely - if memory serves, he went only 12-14 hours - but the LSD knocked out the CH for 5 full days. If we had had more, I would have liked for him to have been able to take the psychedelic 3-4 more times, spaced 5-7 days apart.

p.s. - The one dose of LSD took us 8 months to find and our source has disappeared so we're learning how to be mushroom farmers!

Excessive sorrow laughs. Excessive joy weeps.
  -Blake

IP Logged

Monika
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Tehachapi, CA
Reply #6 - Jan 13th, 2010 at 12:16am

bonkers wrote on Jan 13th, 2010 at 12:08am:
If you have ready access to LSD and your brother has taken it before, you might try 1/2 dose and see if it works while still taking the Imitrex. My son takes Methadone, which is also a psychedelic inhibitor, for his CH pain. He also wasn't able to detox completely - if memory serves, he went only 12-14 hours - but the LSD knocked out the CH for 5 full days. If we had had more, I would have liked for him to have been able to take the psychedelic 3-4 more times, spaced 5-7 days apart.

p.s. - The one dose of LSD took us 8 months to find and our source has disappeared so we're learning how to be mushroom farmers!

Thank you,
In your opinion.. do you think that if you would have continued at that dose that it would have killed the cycle till the next one that tends to take months till?
I mean.. LSD can't be something that will have to be taken every couple a weeks.. that's just too much..

Well thank you so much either way! Smiley

IP Logged

fiftyamp
CH.com Junior

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

x0|philly|USA||0|0|PA,Pennsylvania
Reply #7 - Jan 13th, 2010 at 12:59am

Just go to clusterbusters.com and read the FAQ, it answers all of your questions.

IP Logged

fiftyamp
CH.com Junior

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

x0|philly|USA||0|0|PA,Pennsylvania
Reply #8 - Jan 13th, 2010 at 1:00am

Just go to clusterbusters.com and read the FAQ, it answers all of your questions.

IP Logged

bonkers
CH.com Old Timer

What is THIS?

San Diego, California
Reply #9 - Jan 13th, 2010 at 6:28am

Our hope was that 3-4 sub-hallucinogenic doses spaced 5-7 days apart would kill the beast. There was no way to know for sure as we couldn't find any more LSD.

As suggested, please familiarize yourself with Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register and the associated "New ClusterBuster Message Board." There you will find answers to all of your questions.

The best of luck to you and your brother.

-Blake

IP Logged

Chad
CH.com Hall of Famer

Emmaus, PA
Reply #10 - Jan 13th, 2010 at 7:21am

Use O2 to abort HA's so you can effectively detox.

When the PAIN starts, I FIGHT back!

Rivea Corymbosa seeds were my KO punch, now D3 is the front runner!

IP Logged

deltadarlin
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Downsville LA
Reply #11 - Jan 13th, 2010 at 1:26pm

My son takes Methadone, which is also a psychedelic inhibitor, for his CH pain.

Methadone is NOT a psychedelic inhibitor.  It is a narcotic pain reliever similar to morphine.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #12 - Jan 13th, 2010 at 1:43pm

deltadarlin wrote on Jan 13th, 2010 at 1:26pm:
My son takes Methadone, which is also a psychedelic inhibitor, for his CH pain.

Methadone is NOT a psychedelic inhibitor.  It is a narcotic pain reliever similar to morphine.

I think what bonkers was trying to say is that methadone, just like any other opiate or synthetic opioid, will block the effectiveness of psychedelics.

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Do not feed the Moderators

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #13 - Jan 13th, 2010 at 1:52pm

The people here:  Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

will be able to answer all your questions more in depth.

Hurt people.....hurt people.   Think about it.
WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

bonkers
CH.com Old Timer

What is THIS?

San Diego, California
Reply #14 - Jan 13th, 2010 at 4:05pm

What Linda said. Sorry, Monika; I sent you to the wrong address.

-Blake

IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Do not feed the Moderators

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #15 - Jan 13th, 2010 at 4:10pm

and that is not to say that you can't talk about it here...just that over there...they are the experts on all the nuances, details and they have the experience to give you everything you need to know..

Hurt people.....hurt people.   Think about it.
WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!