Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Im back but their not!!! (Read 1406 times)
chrisw
CH.com Old Timer

x0|turnersville|NJ,USA
Im back but their not!!!
Nov 13th, 2009 at 8:12am

Hi all,
  I dont know if anyone remembers me,  but I want to say hello to everyone again.  Had my last HA back in May,  I have felt so damn good since then.  I got completely off HA meds for the first time in years.  I did something this summer that i havent been able to do in years also.  I took my kids and spent the summer down at the NJ shore.  I could never do that before without worrying about clusters and meds and tanks etc.  Also, I never would have wanted to do it either.  Anyway,  came home in Sept. and have beenn living it up since then.  I swear,  I view every PFD as a gift, and I wake up every morning so thankful for the sleep  .  A while back I posted a poem about sleep, Ode to sleep,  and now I can say sleep is one of my best friends.  Anyway,  I wanted to say hi to everyone, and that I will  try to help others get through what can be a very difficult time of year.  (It always is for me)  I dont know if the beast will return, but I am greatful for the last six months.

Christine Grin Grin

christine neville weaver  
IP Logged

Iddy
CH.com Alumnus

Smile

Toronto,Canada
Re: Im back but their not!!!
Reply #1 - Nov 13th, 2009 at 8:23am

That's wonderful news Christine!!

Wishing you all the best and continued PFDS Smiley Smiley

Iddy

Walk in Peace

"If you can, help others, if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." Dalai Lama

IP Logged

Chad
CH.com Hall of Famer

Emmaus, PA
Reply #2 - Nov 13th, 2009 at 8:39am

That's a fantastic attitude Christine!

You get an A++++++++++ from me.
Cherishing pain free days is what you have to do to get the best out of life and the best out of our condition.
I am out of cycle as well and do the same as you.
I try to check in this site daily and post where I can
to support others.

Cheers,
Chad

When the PAIN starts, I FIGHT back!

Rivea Corymbosa seeds were my KO punch, now D3 is the front runner!

IP Logged

Jeannie
CH.com Sponsor

Live, Laugh, Love....

St Louis, Missouri
Reply #3 - Nov 13th, 2009 at 9:53am

Welcome back, Christine!   

I'm so happy to hear that you are pain free!   

Jeannie

"It's all a grand illusion when you think you're in control." ~ Kenny Chesney

IP Logged

Lefty
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #4 - Nov 13th, 2009 at 10:08am

That's great news Christine...! It's definitely nice to be enjoying good old uninterrupted sleep once again Smiley Smiley

Lefty..!

"When money's tight and is hard to get
And your horse has also ran,
When all you have is a heap of debt
A PINT OF PLAIN IS YOUR ONLY MAN."
— Flann O'Brien

IP Logged

bejeeber
CH.com Hall of Famer

Gnashville
Reply #5 - Nov 13th, 2009 at 10:20am

You go girl!  Grin

Ahhhh sleep sweet sleep.  Smiley Smiley

Now if only people could start spelling "they're" correctly in the titles of their new topics, everything would be good. Kidding. I'm undoubtedly guilty of my share of spelling/grammar atrocities.  Wink

CH according to Bejeeber:

Strictly relying on doctors for CH treatment is often a prescription that will keep you in a whole lot of PAIN. Doctors are WAY behind in many respects, and they are usually completely unaware of the benefits of high flow 100% O2.

There are lots of effective treatments documented at this site. Take matters into your own hands, learn as much as you can here and at clusterbusters.com, put it into practice, then tell this CH beast Jeebs said hello right before you bash him so hard with a swift uppercut knockout punch that his stupid horns go flinging right off.
bejeeber bejeeber Enter your address line 1 here  
IP Logged

LeLimey
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Nov 13th, 2009 at 1:37pm

Welcome back Chris - it's always good to see people return especially when they come back with good news!
Glad you're here!
Helen

IP Logged

chrisw
CH.com Old Timer

x0|turnersville|NJ,USA
Reply #7 - Nov 13th, 2009 at 8:08pm

thanks guys for the warm welcome.  I will try to do better with my spelling,  but its actually more of a typing issue.  sometimes i type faster than i can think. ha ha

warmly
christine Cheesy

christine neville weaver  
IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #8 - Nov 13th, 2009 at 8:58pm

Don't let the grammar police get you down - I'm glad you're feeling better. Welcome back.

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

Weatherman
CH.com Veteran

Beat the Beast!

Charlotte, NC
Reply #9 - Nov 14th, 2009 at 12:00am

chrisw wrote on Nov 13th, 2009 at 8:08pm:
sometimes i type faster than i can think. ha ha

warmly
christine Cheesy

I hear you there! When I do the weather, my mouth often gets ahead of my brain. But I have fun with it. I usually just stop, look at the camera/viewers, then say "let's just try that again". The viewers always seem to get a kick out of it.

Oh, welcome back! And congrats on your pain free times! Hope it keeps up!

The point of the journey is not to arrive.

IP Logged

void
CH.com Junior

Never stop moving.

Reply #10 - Nov 14th, 2009 at 8:01pm

I'm happy for you.
I have so long time between my episodes I should not complain.

Anyhows - I read about your PFD thinking and was a bit envious. I am 3-4 months now from my last attack and I am still not sleeping regularly. The attacks mess me up so bad, so when I am in remission I still cant sleep properly. I am doing 3-4 hours a night and its really taking its toll. I know I will start forgetting and going back to normal,  but it takes too much time. I wish I could be more 1-day-at-atime mode

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #11 - Nov 15th, 2009 at 1:20pm

void wrote on Nov 14th, 2009 at 8:01pm:
I'm happy for you.
I have so long time between my episodes I should not complain.

Anyhows - I read about your PFD thinking and was a bit envious. I am 3-4 months now from my last attack and I am still not sleeping regularly. The attacks mess me up so bad, so when I am in remission I still cant sleep properly. I am doing 3-4 hours a night and its really taking its toll. I know I will start forgetting and going back to normal,  but it takes too much time. I wish I could be more 1-day-at-atime mode

Have you tried melatonin?

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

MattyAA
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Poland, EU
Reply #12 - Nov 15th, 2009 at 7:37pm

bejeeber wrote on Nov 13th, 2009 at 10:20am:
Now if only people could start spelling "they're" correctly in the titles of their new topics, everything would be good. Kidding. I'm undoubtedly guilty of my share of spelling/grammar atrocities.  Wink

I thing, that her spelled more then correctly.

And I am just joking and guilty to.

*teases Bejeeber*

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!