Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Hello (Read 2431 times)
Pomodoro
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Hello
May 9th, 2010 at 8:22pm

Hi.  Please be gentle with me.  English is something I'm not good at, french is my first language.  I'm french canadian by the way.
Didn't know where to post but I guess I'm a supporter...  now.
Not that I have a loved one or a close one with the disease. 
You see I was chronic from 16 to 30.  Now *touch wood* it's been 3 years without any hits beside shadows from time to time.
The beast is...  gone.  For good?  I don't know.  I'm really just living 24 hours at a time.

I hope this happen to you.  And I would have liked to give you the miracle recipe.  I don't know why.  It's just gone.

I've tried many things during the time I was hit.  I remember being hit from 1 to 5 times a day.  I did many things from illegal drug to Imitrex and many many more..,

I know the pain is unbearable.  It pushed me in the end hard toward alcool and depression and finally suicide.  My alcool consumption was so great I was admited in hospital for psychotic depression.  My wife and I, it's finished.  Not because of the illness mind you but because of drugs and alcool abuse.

I guess I want to say: don't give up.  I know it's hard.  But you never know.  And you're strong and brave.  I know. 

I know one other person for which the illness disapeared with times too.

If only I could do the same for you all.  The least thing I can do is include you in my prayers. 

Have a good night now.  Free from hits.  Free from shadows.
A pain free night.

IP Logged

QnHeartMM
CH.com Sponsor

I AM a Phoenix!

San Diego, CA
Re: Hello
Reply #1 - May 9th, 2010 at 10:18pm

Pomodoro, what a heart-felt post from someone who really knows the pain our sufferers experience. Glad to hear you have been PF for so long. Hope you know that if ever the rotten beast returns that we are here for you too.

Treat people with kind words.

IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Do not feed the Moderators

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #2 - May 9th, 2010 at 10:33pm

Pomodoro,

Do not apologize for the language barrier.  You speak better English than any of us here speak French.  Your message came through loud and clear.

I am so happy to hear that alcohol and illegal drugs are a thing of the past for you.  Alcohol is a major trigger in case you did not know that.  You may have thought at the time that drinking would help, but in fact it was making it worse and causing you more pain than necessary.

Three years is a good long break, but I would advise you to not be too complacent.  Did you have a good doctor?  Did he prescribe any medications that helped?  Most here who are episodic..stock up on their meds when not in cycle to be totally prepared for the next time.   There is something about having all your abortives and preventatives right there, that is very comforting.  Were you prescribed pure oxygen as an abortive?   Not being nosy here just want to try to help.  Please stick around and read some of the links to the left of here.  Ask ANY and all questions you may have and we will all be more than happy to answer.

Linda

Hurt people.....hurt people.   Think about it.
WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

Pomodoro
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #3 - May 10th, 2010 at 7:46am

Yeah I had (and still have) O2.  This thing saved my lfife.

I have a good doctor and a psy.  Both understand the disease.  With time I learned some coping skills.

I still have a script for Imitrex and one for Verapamil (spelling ??).
Just in case.

A funny thing is the beast is litteraly gone when I started to take anti-convulsant drugs prescibed by the neurologist.

Maybe there's a link. 

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #4 - May 10th, 2010 at 9:04am

Pomodoro, great to hear the beast is gone now from your life. Please do stick around the board, with your story, there's a whole lot of people you can help.

I hope and pray the beast is gone from your life for good. But just in case.....the other reason to stick around here is to stay up to date on the latest developments. That way if he ever does come back, you're ready to fight.

Hoping this remission lasts a lifetime.

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Pomodoro
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #5 - May 10th, 2010 at 4:42pm

Thanks Guiseppi.

After thinking a while today and reading others post I realise maybe I have too much optimism in my remision.  You know, the beast can still come back after 3 years.

I wonder how often it happen though.

Anyway, have a nice PF day.

IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Do not feed the Moderators

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #6 - May 10th, 2010 at 6:51pm

Yes...an anti-seizure medication is used to treat CH.  Someone here that we all know and love suffers from epilepsy and believes that the drug he takes for that has rendered him PF for the last 10 yrs. or so.   BUT....being complacent is not good.  We have to always be aware that this beast is always lurking.

Hurt people.....hurt people.   Think about it.
WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

Pomodoro
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #7 - May 11th, 2010 at 12:07pm

By the way the drug I'm talking about is Topamax

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #8 - May 11th, 2010 at 6:38pm

Topomax is one of what I'd guess you call the top 3 prevents you read about on the board. Glad it worked well for you.

As far as if or when another cycle will start, try not to sacrifice too much of your life wondering and worrying. It either will or it won't. You've found us, so you'll never have to face the beast alone.

Praying the remission lasts a lifetime!

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!