Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Anyone know about sansert / methysergide ? (Read 1880 times)
Chris H
CH.com Sponsor

CH with CH

Anyone know about sansert / methysergide ?
Nov 14th, 2010 at 12:20pm

I picked up on someone getting significant relief from this drug in a recent news article. I understand it's no longer on the market in the US but available elsewhere. It's interesting that it is closely related to LSA. -Chris

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Re: Anyone know about sansert / methysergide ?
Reply #1 - Nov 14th, 2010 at 12:34pm

Was successful for me for years. You have to take a one-month holiday every six months of treatment so you don't get nasty, irreversible side-effects like fibrosis of the kidneys, lungs and heart valves. Ultimately it was fear of these side-effects that caused me to stop taking it altogether.

You can still get it made by a compounding pharmacy, but it ain't cheap. You could grow a lifetime supply of psilocybin for the cost of a one-month supply. And you don't take psilocybin twice or three times a day. Wink

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

George
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Black-Billed Magpie

Boise, Idaho USA
Reply #2 - Nov 14th, 2010 at 7:35pm

I was prescribed Sansert early on (in my mid to late teens).  Never did anything helpful.  But of course, that's just me.

Best,

George

"Whoever loveth me, loveth my hound."  (Thomas More, author of "Utopia", and Chancellor of England.  1477-1535)
WWW George jacox6820 7165032563  
IP Logged

bejeeber
CH.com Hall of Famer

Gnashville
Reply #3 - Nov 14th, 2010 at 11:10pm

I was prescribed it in the 80's and I think of it as an old school drug.

It was of no help for me.

CH according to Bejeeber:

Strictly relying on doctors for CH treatment is often a prescription that will keep you in a whole lot of PAIN. Doctors are WAY behind in many respects, and they are usually completely unaware of the benefits of high flow 100% O2.

There are lots of effective treatments documented at this site. Take matters into your own hands, learn as much as you can here and at clusterbusters.com, put it into practice, then tell this CH beast Jeebs said hello right before you bash him so hard with a swift uppercut knockout punch that his stupid horns go flinging right off.
bejeeber bejeeber Enter your address line 1 here  
IP Logged

Chris H
CH.com Sponsor

CH with CH

Reply #4 - Nov 15th, 2010 at 10:29am

Old school like a bobber or old school like encyclopedias? -Chris

IP Logged

George
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Black-Billed Magpie

Boise, Idaho USA
Reply #5 - Nov 15th, 2010 at 10:43am

Chris H wrote on Nov 15th, 2010 at 10:29am:
Old school like a bobber or old school like encyclopedias? -Chris

Encyclopedias, I think.  It's analog.   Wink

...And bobbers are still all the rage among the training-wheels fly-fishing set.  They just call them "strike indicators".  O Brave New World.   Wink

Best,

George

"Whoever loveth me, loveth my hound."  (Thomas More, author of "Utopia", and Chancellor of England.  1477-1535)
WWW George jacox6820 7165032563  
IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #6 - Nov 15th, 2010 at 10:58am

It functions basically the same way the LSA-class of meds work. It's just that some chemist in the 50's figured out a way to greatly reduce the hallucinogenic properties. In doing so, they discovered that just a couple doses won't have any long-acting effect, so it has to be taken regularly. And by doing that, the constant exposure has some real nasty effects on one's internal organs.

Leave it to man to mess up something that nature makes much closer to perfect.

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

Setti
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #7 - Nov 15th, 2010 at 2:30pm

I tried methysergide when I was younger and it was very effective, stopped my cycle.  Unfortunately I was also having massive leg pain about 30 mins after I took the pill, and my doctor put a stop to it pretty quick after I reported the discomfort.  Even when I was really bad and begged for it, she wouldn't put me on again for fear of the side effects.  I would be careful with it.

IP Logged

Agostino Leyre
CH.com Sponsor

"Hit like a phillips head
into my brain."

Madison WI USA
Reply #8 - Nov 15th, 2010 at 2:32pm

Setti wrote on Nov 15th, 2010 at 2:30pm:
I tried methysergide when I was younger and it was very effective, stopped my cycle.  Unfortunately I was also having massive leg pain about 30 mins after I took the pill, and my doctor put a stop to it pretty quick after I reported the discomfort.  Even when I was really bad and begged for it, she wouldn't put me on again for fear of the side effects.  I would be careful with it.

I can echo everything you said here.  It is a very effective preventive, but the leg pain is a deal breaker.  I would never use it again.  And Brew you are spot on, brother.

Triptans cause increased number of hits and increased intensity.  Learn it, believe it, live it.  I use triptans as the absolute LAST RESORT when treating my CH.&&

IP Logged

BC_Battler
CH.com Junior

Stay strong

x0|West Coast|Canada||0|0|BC,British_Columbia
Reply #9 - Nov 18th, 2010 at 5:33pm

I used it for more than a year and found it helpful in concert with verapamil. Then I started to notice some side effects and it became less and less effective, so my doc took me off it. For a while, though, it worked quite well for me.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!