Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 ... 83 84 85 86 87 ... 107
Send Topic Print
123 Days PF And I Think I know Why (Read 446854 times)
thierry
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

Galway, Ireland
Re: 123 Days PF And I Think I know Why
Reply #2100 - Jan 13th, 2015 at 9:42am

Hey AndyT, Batch recommends that we take 1 capsule or tablet/day of B50 for 3 months, such as this one for exemple:

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

The bottle on the link will do for 2 months

All the best
« Last Edit: Jan 13th, 2015 at 9:45am by thierry »  

IP Logged

Peter510
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give out... But
don't give in.

Wexford. Ireland
Reply #2101 - Jan 13th, 2015 at 10:41am

Thierry,
I started the D3 on Saturday last. No improvement yet, but I'll stick with it. The B50 was the one element I had not included, but I'll go down to the local health shop today and see if I can get it.
Otherwise I'll get it on-line from the link you supplied.
Thanks for that.
Any snow in Galway yet? Sunny in Wexford.
Peter.

You don't stop laughing because you grow old....You grow old because you stop laughing.

IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Reply #2102 - Jan 13th, 2015 at 3:05pm

Hey Peter,

Thanks for the headzup you've started the anti-inflammatory regimen.  Check out the following link for my post to Littlee regarding response to this regimen.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Take care, hang in there and please keep us posted.

V/R, Batch

You love lots of things if you live around them. But there isn't any woman and there isn't any horse, that’s as lovely as a great airplane. If it's a beautiful fighter, your heart will be ever there
pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

Peter510
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give out... But
don't give in.

Wexford. Ireland
Reply #2103 - Jan 13th, 2015 at 6:58pm

Batch,
I'll stick with it. Tried to get the B50 today but no luck. I'll carry on without till I get it. No change yet, but fingers crossed. Will have the Blood test this week also.
Thanks for everything.
Peter.

You don't stop laughing because you grow old....You grow old because you stop laughing.

IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Reply #2104 - Jan 14th, 2015 at 1:50am

Peter,

Vitamin B 100s will work... Just take one every other day.

Take care,

V/R, Batch

You love lots of things if you live around them. But there isn't any woman and there isn't any horse, that’s as lovely as a great airplane. If it's a beautiful fighter, your heart will be ever there
pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

Peter510
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give out... But
don't give in.

Wexford. Ireland
Reply #2105 - Jan 14th, 2015 at 12:02pm

Thanks batch. My local health store has B100 alright. I did'nt know if it was appropriate. I'll get it tomorrow.
Almost afraid to say this, but the shadows are a bit better today.... Tonight, we'll see.
Thanks again.
Peter.

IP Logged

wishbone
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Birmingham, AL
Reply #2106 - Jan 14th, 2015 at 12:24pm

Thanks Batch, I actually increased my D3 to 25,000 IU, but also went back on Verapamil.  Have not taken the B50 or B100 yet, but with just the above have been PF for 2 days, but I for sure will get the B50 or B100.  Not sure if good or not but also began taking Potassium because I was getting leg cramps at night.  Have no idea if this has anything to do with anything or just coincidence.

Just as I try daily to grow my Faith in God I try daily to learn how to cope with Cluster Headaches

IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Reply #2107 - Jan 14th, 2015 at 1:11pm

Wishbone,

Taking potassium supplements won't hurt.  However, unless you've been jogging or running up and down stairs with a heavy load, leg cramps are an indication of a calcium-magnesium imbalance.  We need calcium during muscle contraction and magnesium during muscle relaxation.  Without sufficient magnesium, our muscles can't fully relax...

A calcium-magnesium imbalance is easy to come by when taking 10,000 IU/day or more of vitamin D3 and not enough magnesium.

The process of transporting and metabolizing vitamin D3 consumes magnesium at higher rates than normal.  If I miss a day of magnesium, I'll get cramps in my hands and feet.  As long as I take between 500 and 750 mg/day magnesium, I'm cramp free.

Take care and please keep us posted.

V/R, Batch

pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

thierry
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

Galway, Ireland
Reply #2108 - Jan 15th, 2015 at 1:42am

here's something that males that take verapamil should know

« Last Edit: Jan 15th, 2015 at 6:24am by thierry »  

IP Logged

thierry
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

Galway, Ireland
Reply #2109 - Jan 16th, 2015 at 4:01am

Hi Peter, I hope you are well.
It is great that you have started the D3 regimen. It is a good idea to take all of the ingredients at the right dosage as per Batch. You indicate above that it may already be having a positive effect on your CH  Smiley, that's great.
Have you tried the accelerated regimen so as to build up your D3 levels quicker. A weekly loading dose of 50000 iu D3 on top of your daily dose should do the trick.
It seems that I am one of those who still experiences shadows about twice a year even though I take the regimen all the time. This is a massive improvement when compared to the kip 9/10 i used to get every night for 3 to 4 months in spring and 2 to 3 months in autumn/winter.
When these shadows appear, i double up on the daily D3 -up to 20000 iu from 10000- for a few weeks and even add a weekly loading dose or two.
I also have O2 for when the shadows start, works every time.
When i started the regimen, after a few days the pain seem to feel different and even went to the other side of my head for a few days, it felt strange, different, but Batch was always very helpful and reassured me that all was going according to plans, and he, of course, was right. After 3 weeks, i was PF  Smiley.
I get all my supplements on iherb.com for less than half the price of the healthfood stores here in ireland and the choice is also way more vast. If you want some help/advice as to what to get, do not hesitate to contact me.
Wishing you all the best and may you become PF very soon.

IP Logged

TheAndyT
CH.com Junior

Love is our resistance...

North Hollywood, California
Reply #2110 - Jan 16th, 2015 at 4:06am

Thierry,  thank you for being so helpful. We all appreciate the wisdom. Smiley

-Andy

Life's roughest storms prove the strength of our anchors

IP Logged

Peter510
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give out... But
don't give in.

Wexford. Ireland
Reply #2111 - Jan 16th, 2015 at 5:14am

Hi Thierry,
Thanks for the advice. I got the B50 yesterday so let's see from now how it goes.
The shadows have eased back gradually this week. The attack pattern is different too. At the start of the week I was being hit every 2 hours during the night. Night before last I got no hits, but got a 6/7 at 10:00a.m., which is unusual.
Last night just shadows and no hits (yet).
So, All good after week 1. Got the blood test done on too. Waiting results.
One question, the loading dose you suggest is 50K, right.
Sorry I did'nt get a chance to give you a bell. Will do shortly.
Thanks again.
Peter.

IP Logged

thierry
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

Galway, Ireland
Reply #2112 - Jan 16th, 2015 at 6:11am

Hi Peter, yes loading dose is50K (50000 iu), do that for about 4 weeks, that's on top of your daily dose which i guess is 10k (10000iu). You could also go up from 10000 iu daily to 15000 iu. The idea is to take about 600000 iu in the first month.
Sounds like the regimen is already starting to work. A change of pattern like the one you are experiening is not unusual, it might last for another few days, maybe a week. And maybe, like lots of us on the regimen, you will have your life back. Batch is a life saver for a countless amount of people here. Thanks to his relentless work and research, we are living again!
No worries about the call, see how you get on with the regimen. After a while you will become more familiar with it. It's always good to keep reading the posts on here as it helps understanding the process. Logging on to CH.com has become part of my daily routine.
All the best Peter
May you be PF.
« Last Edit: Jan 16th, 2015 at 6:21am by thierry »  

IP Logged

littlee
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Reply #2113 - Jan 16th, 2015 at 7:01am

Batch (or anyone who knows):

I'm Day 9 of the regimen (20K + 50Ksuperdose). Day 6/7 PFDAN, last night 4 headaches every 2 hours during the night

I noticed Batch mentioned (talking about cramps, calcium, etc.) taking more than 400 magnesium. When taking 20K per day D3 + superdose, should I be taking more than the 400mg magnesium (I assume that is the standard dose at 10K D3 per day)?

I am avoiding the calcium due to taking verap every four hours. Is this a big deal until I get a chance to ramp up Calcium after I can ramp down the Verap?

Thanks for all the help!

IP Logged

Peter510
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give out... But
don't give in.

Wexford. Ireland
Reply #2114 - Jan 16th, 2015 at 7:03am

Thierry,
Thanks for the quick reply. I have taken 20k daily for the last 6 days. Should I drop back to 10 or 15?. Don't want to overdo it.
No doubt about it, Batch is a diamond.
Onwards and ever upwards.
Peter.

IP Logged

drmimmy
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #2115 - Jan 16th, 2015 at 7:05am

Just wanted to add my experience on the D3 regimen. 3.5 years ago this regimen saved my life. I was getting hit with KIP 10s 6 times a day and my cycle looked like it was going chronic. I had a 2yr old little girl who I couldn't be with and I had to shut her on the other side of the door while she cried for me and I screamed into a pillow in agony, all day, every day. My mum and dad were breaking watching me go through it. I was seriously thinking I'd need to take myself off somewhere and release them from it. Anyway then someone called CHfather told me about Batch's regimen and within 3 days I was completely pain free!!! It was unbelievable. From a hopeless sentence of misery to relief in 3 days! Since then it has busted away 4 cycles and I've had a PF life for 3.5 years. D3 not only saved me but my family too. I will always be grateful to Batch and to Chfather and I can't praise D3 enough.

IP Logged

Peter510
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give out... But
don't give in.

Wexford. Ireland
Reply #2116 - Jan 16th, 2015 at 7:13am

Drmimmy,
Thank you for that message. It gives me and loads of others a lot of hope.
Peter.

IP Logged

thierry
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

Galway, Ireland
Reply #2117 - Jan 16th, 2015 at 11:56am

Hey Peter, 20000 iu/day is fine for a couple of weeks, it's a good way to build up your D3 levels quicker. It takes a lot more to overdo it i think. If i remember correctly, Batch has said that some people with a certain condition take 40000iu/day.

IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Reply #2118 - Jan 16th, 2015 at 12:58pm

Hey Peter, Littlee,

Stick with the following  4-week accelerated vitamin D3 loading schedule.  That's the fastest and most effective way to elevate your 25(OH)D up to the target serum concentration of 80 ng/mL.

Week 1 - 20,000 IU/day vitamin D3 plus a 50,000 IU loading dose once a week on top of the daily 20,000 dose.

Week 2 - 20,000 IU/day vitamin D3 plus a 50,000 IU loading dose once a week on top of the daily 20,000 dose.

Week 3 - 15,000 IU/day no loading dose

Week 4 - 15,000 IU/day no loading dose

Take all the other cofactors and Omega-3 Fish Oil each day along with a tablet a day of the B-50.

In addition, you can increase the magnesium to 600 IU/day during the 4-week accelerated vitamin D3 loading schedule.  The extra magnesium is essential as it's consumed rapidly during vitamin D3 metabolism to 25(OH)D and on to 1,25(OH)2D3, (calcitriol) the active hormonal form of vitamin D3.

If you total all the vitamin D3 doses over the 4-week period, you'll come up close to 600,000 IU.  There are a couple studies where adults with a vitamin D3 deficiency were given a single 600,000 IU oral dose vitamin D3 with no problems.  Spread over 4 weeks, that works out to an average of a little over 21,000 IU/day vitamin D3.

I structured the accelerated  loading schedule with the same 600,000 IU dose of vitamin D3, but spread it over the 4 weeks.  The main reasons for this is to let the body adjust to the metabolic processes involved and to prevent dumping inactive vitamin D3 metabolites over the side in urine.

At the end of the 4-week loading schedule, drop your vitamin D3 intake to a maintenance dose of 10,000 IU/day and see your PCP for a lab test of your 25(OH)D.

Hope this helps.

Take care and please keep us posted.

V/R, Batch

pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Reply #2119 - Jan 16th, 2015 at 1:09pm

Drmimmy,

Thank you for the wonderful update and kind words.  It's comments like yours that get the wallflowers who are wondering what to take next to stop the terrible CH pain, motivated enough to give this regimen a try.

Take care,

V/R, Batch

pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

Peter510
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give out... But
don't give in.

Wexford. Ireland
Re: 123 Days PF And I Think I know Why,
Reply #2120 - Jan 16th, 2015 at 1:15pm

Thierry, Batch,
Thanks lads. Clear as a bell. Will keep you updated.
Peter.

IP Logged

thierry
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

Galway, Ireland
Reply #2121 - Jan 16th, 2015 at 1:56pm

I'm only passing on what I learned from Batch. I read all his posts every day and there's learning in every one of them.

IP Logged

TheAndyT
CH.com Junior

Love is our resistance...

North Hollywood, California
Reply #2122 - Jan 16th, 2015 at 3:31pm

I agree, Thierry. Although I don't always comment on here, I do always get on to read and I always learn new things from Batch's knowledge. This thread is truly a gem and the information from everyone on here is so valuable to all of us. Thank you all for the continued support. To all the new-comers to the regimen I say welcome and stick with it, PF days are ahead for you!  Smiley

-Andy

Life's roughest storms prove the strength of our anchors

IP Logged

littlee
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Reply #2123 - Jan 17th, 2015 at 9:09am

Hello again Batch,

Day 10 D3. My blood test shows 46 ng/ml (my only baseline was 38 in August). No impact on the CH's yet. I'm not due to take another 50K dose (along with the 20K) until Monday (2 more days). Any harm in accelerating this? Last two days were crap.

Taking 600 magnesium last 3 days. My level tested at 2.24. Not taking Calcium but anyway I tested at 9.16 (similar to baseline).

As I am writing this I'm realizing it's not fair to be posting these every few days and expect answers. Really appreciate what you've already mentioned and what's on this awesome site. I'll stick to the regimen (and maybe a bit more aggressively) and check my D level once a week. It's pretty easy to check where I am. No real waiting, results posted online.

Mark

IP Logged

Getoutofmyhead
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #2124 - Jan 18th, 2015 at 8:40pm

Hi all fellow CH, I am new here and in need of some help. This entire month I have been getting beat up with cluster headaches.

I am 5'10" 175 and I have a construction type job.

What vitamins should I start with and what dose. Please help me in lamins term for I'm not understanding the dosage verbiage. Also where are you fellow CH friends purchasing the vitamins.

Thank you in advance for any help and guidance you can help with. God bless.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 83 84 85 86 87 ... 107
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!