Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 ... 92 93 94 95 96 ... 107
Send Topic Print
123 Days PF And I Think I know Why (Read 450710 times)
Peter510
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give out... But
don't give in.

Wexford. Ireland
Re: 123 Days PF And I Think I know Why
Reply #2325 - Oct 7th, 2015 at 4:56pm

No problem...... I would be interested to know how you get on.

Peter.

You don't stop laughing because you grow old....You grow old because you stop laughing.

IP Logged

slacker032
CH.com Old Timer

Los Angeles, CA
Reply #2326 - Oct 7th, 2015 at 5:22pm

Peter510 wrote on Oct 7th, 2015 at 4:56pm:
No problem...... I would be interested to know how you get on.

Peter.

I'll keep you guys posted.  Right now I'm getting hit 2-3 times per night - usually around 1AM, 3AM and 6AM.  Sometimes, it skips the 1AM hit.

Also, I was able to do the 25(OH)D test yesterday and hopefully I'll get the results soon.
« Last Edit: Oct 7th, 2015 at 5:30pm by slacker032 »  

IP Logged

slacker032
CH.com Old Timer

Los Angeles, CA
Reply #2327 - Oct 7th, 2015 at 11:17pm

Do you guys think it's too early to start another 90-regimen of B-50 Complex?  I last took it from 2/3 through 5/2 of this year.

IP Logged

blacklab
Ex Member

Reply #2328 - Oct 8th, 2015 at 1:38am

Hi Slacker,
If you've already taken a course of the  b complex, by taking batches multi vitamin,daily,  that is enough to maintain your levels. I took mine and when I went in for a regular Vit D blood check, I asked then to check my B levels at the same time, my levels were good. So if you've already taken the course, I don't see the need to do it again, unless you got your levels checked and found you were deficient.
Peter, interesting to here about your sleep patterns after you started taking Benadryl and melatonin. I've not had to try melatonin yet, I haven't had night time hits for a long time. But am considering getting my sinuses looked at after this pollen season is over and I stop taking Benadryl.  I simply never realised how clogged up I was, until taking Benadryl !  even before the pollen appeared recently.
Its been a real eye opener for me, maybe its not a sinus type issue and its purely hay fever/allergy issue.  I have a friend who has to take a pill for his hay fever, every day of the year, he suffers quite badly,  I'm going to look into this.
I cant imagine it could be that good for me to have 20 ml of Benadryl every day of the year, but its tempting with the results.  As I'm typing this my wife out of the blue commented on how my breathing at night was so much better, ( no snoring  Grin)  so very interesting...
cheers
colin

IP Logged

slacker032
CH.com Old Timer

Los Angeles, CA
Reply #2329 - Oct 8th, 2015 at 11:53am

Thanks Colin

IP Logged

slacker032
CH.com Old Timer

Los Angeles, CA
Reply #2330 - Oct 9th, 2015 at 6:49pm

Got my 25(OH)D results back. 

Definitely on the high end of the range with 145.0 ng/mL.

Still getting hit 2-3 times per night and some severe shadows in the afternoon.

IP Logged

dhjacks
CH.com Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

x0|San Jose|USA||0|0|CA,California
Reply #2331 - Oct 10th, 2015 at 12:35am

Hi all, just an update.  I started the D3 regimen in mid-2012.  Changed my life.  I've had two short cycles since then, and no clusters for the past 19 months.  I may forget a lot of things, but I don't forget to take my D3 every day (1500). 
Special thank you to Batch.  I came by to see if people were still promoting this and was amazed to see Batch continues to encourage people and impart advice.  That's a great public service.

IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #2332 - Oct 10th, 2015 at 12:54am

dhjacks wrote on Oct 10th, 2015 at 12:35am:
I came by to see if people were still promoting this and was amazed to see Batch continues to encourage people and impart advice.  That's a great public service.

There are quite a few who regularly explain just how it has transformed their lives.

Batch deserves a knighthood for his services to the CH community with his D3 and oxygen advice.

IP Logged

slacker032
CH.com Old Timer

Los Angeles, CA
Reply #2333 - Oct 10th, 2015 at 1:15am

Well said, guys.  Batch has been so patient and helpful to anyone looking for guidance.  Can't say enough about the man.

IP Logged

slacker032
CH.com Old Timer

Los Angeles, CA
Reply #2334 - Oct 11th, 2015 at 11:16am

So this is interesting...

On Thurs night, I probably had my worst night yet - 3 hits, including a KIP 8 which lasted an hour because I was unable to abort with 02. 

So I decided to try something different on Fri night by skipping the melatonin and just taking Benadryl alone (50 mg).  I got two KIP 4s which were both easily aborted with O2 within 5 minutes.  Probably my best night in almost two weeks.

Last night, I again skipped the melatonin and just took Benadryl.

No hits!  Slept 7.5 hours straight with just some heavy shadowing in the morning that I knocked out with a strong cup of coffee. 

*crossing my fingers*

*knock on wood*

EDIT: 

Forgot to add, after getting my test results back (145.0 ng/mL), I also decreased my D3 dose from 20,000 IU to 10,000 on Friday.
« Last Edit: Oct 11th, 2015 at 2:53pm by slacker032 »  

IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Reply #2335 - Oct 11th, 2015 at 2:42pm

Slacker,

Thanks for the updates...  Off hand I'd say you're still on a positive trajectory, so stick with your game plan and please keep us posted.

Take care,

V/R, Batch

You love lots of things if you live around them. But there isn't any woman and there isn't any horse, that’s as lovely as a great airplane. If it's a beautiful fighter, your heart will be ever there
pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

slacker032
CH.com Old Timer

Los Angeles, CA
Reply #2336 - Oct 11th, 2015 at 3:35pm

Thanks Batch.  Will do.

IP Logged

blacklab
Ex Member

Reply #2337 - Oct 12th, 2015 at 1:05am

Hi slacker,
                I can only re iterate what Batch said.
Your current situation mirrors what I went thru.
I can honestly say that it wasn't until the following cycle (3 months later) that I noticed a drop in intensity or pain level.  It annoyed me, why wasn't I able to go pain free like others !!!  That's when I started to fiddle with things, diet, a course of good probiotics, a few extra things that batch got me to do.  It really took a while for things to settle and to feel I was in control of things.
Through out the whole time I religiously took the regime.
For me I think there's so many contributing factors or triggers to try and deal with, for instance, as per Batch's findings when he slipped into a cycle not long ago while the pollen was thick, I'm fighting with the same scenario here at the minute, but 20 ml of Benadryl at night is definitely keeping a cycle at bay !  The next thing for me will be the heat of our summer here, from January to march, I work outside in the elements so I cant hide from it, but I'll deal with that as it comes. 
But overall, I can honestly say, compared to my first ever 2 cycles, ( pryor to the Batch's regime), when I do get hit, its barely a wimper compared to back then, It still hurts, but nothing gets over kip 4-5, at its worst.
Hang in there Slacker, hopefully you'll be on the improve very soon.
regards
colin

IP Logged

slacker032
CH.com Old Timer

Los Angeles, CA
Reply #2338 - Oct 12th, 2015 at 9:18am

Colin,

Definitely.  I don't plan on stopping this regimen ever. 

Been on it for at least a couple of years and even when I've had a hiccup for two, the cycles have been shorter and less intense.

IP Logged

Emma marie h
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Ireland
Reply #2339 - Oct 14th, 2015 at 7:13pm

Hi everyone, sorry its taking so long to post an update.

I started the D3 regime on Tuesday 29/10/15

I had my first pain free night in 61 days on Thursday!!! I was in total shock when I woke Saturday morning (I was having 3 attacks a night)

Batch I cant thank you enough, I will be grateful to you for the rest of my life. I am finally able to give my son 100per cent again and be the kind of mom he deserves. I actually look forward to going to bed now.

A few odd things in the first few days were, my CH happen on my left side religiously they switched to my right.

Also am having shadows at the min but I also have a cold so I think that might be the reason.

Thank you so much again Batch for finding this, your changing and saving lives

emma  
IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Reply #2340 - Oct 14th, 2015 at 9:20pm

Emma Marie.

Woo Hoo...  Wonderful news...  I'm very happy for you... Give the Benadryl (Diphenhydramine) a try if the shadows get onerous...

Sláinte,  Please keep us posted.

V/R, Batch

You love lots of things if you live around them. But there isn't any woman and there isn't any horse, that’s as lovely as a great airplane. If it's a beautiful fighter, your heart will be ever there
pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

slacker032
CH.com Old Timer

Los Angeles, CA
Reply #2341 - Oct 15th, 2015 at 12:38am

Great news, Emma Marie.  Glad you're finally getting some relief. Smiley

IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #2342 - Oct 15th, 2015 at 1:23am

Wonderful news Emma Marie. It is simply incredible what a difference it makes when you've an effective preventive that lets you just get on with normal life.

Long may it continue to work.

IP Logged

shadia
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Farnham Quebec
Reply #2343 - Oct 15th, 2015 at 5:47am

wow!! that is great news... i just can't believe all the wonderful results. Batch should get a Nobel prize for humanitarian work !!

This to shall pass

IP Logged

thierry
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

Galway, Ireland
Reply #2344 - Oct 15th, 2015 at 7:04am

Shadia, you're right, Batch deserves the nobel prize of the highest standard.

Emma marie, delighted to hear your good news. Onwards and upwards for you and your family  Smiley

IP Logged

Stevo
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #2345 - Oct 15th, 2015 at 7:56am

Great news Emma!

IP Logged

Emma marie h
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Ireland
Reply #2346 - Oct 15th, 2015 at 6:37pm

Thanks everyone Smiley

It is so amazing to feel in control of my life again. Myself and my partner are planning our future again, which was put on hold for awhile. I applied for a job, I should have an interview next week SmileyMaking commitments that involve leaving the house no longer terrify me Smiley

Thanks Batch for the tip on Bendrayl, Peter has very kindly posted me a bottle until I arrange for my own to get here.

PF wishes to all of you

emma  
IP Logged

Clarkster
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #2347 - Oct 21st, 2015 at 6:06am

Batch,

I don't have the words to adequately express my thanks for your efforts in helping me become PF over the last 3 weeks through the information you've shared here.   

I'm coming out of the longest cycle I've experienced in 30 years, thanks to the D3 regime.  And your explanation of pollen/histamines (I have no known allergies) explains why I had the worst time of my life, in my most favorite place in all the world, a week ago.  I was in the middle of a pine forrest with 20 mph sustained winds for 4 days. Allergy sufferers were complaining of being stuffy, while I was getting slammed 8 - 10 times a day with the most severe headaches I've had in decades.

I'll be seeing my Neuro later this month to educate him on D3, get off Dopamax, steroids, get my blood work done, etc..

Tears are falling as I type.  From the bottom of my heart, thank you.

V/R

Clarkster

IP Logged

shadia
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Farnham Quebec
Reply #2348 - Oct 21st, 2015 at 6:12am

I am so happy for you that you are pain free, and i know the feeling of being so relieved and happy that you cry, and people are great on this site , they stick with you till you are pain free.

This to shall pass

IP Logged

thierry
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

Galway, Ireland
Reply #2349 - Oct 21st, 2015 at 6:47am

Hey Clarkster,
hearing your story and how you feel, as you so well describe, brings tears to my eyes too.
I think a lot of us felt/feel as you do.
Becoming and staying PF is a godsend.
Thank you Batch

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 92 93 94 95 96 ... 107
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!