Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 ... 104 105 106 
Send Topic Print
123 Days PF And I Think I know Why (Read 186041 times)
Oxygen Worshipper
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Re: 123 Days PF And I Think I know Why
Reply #2625 - Sep 14th, 2019 at 7:38pm

I admire your efforts and taking the time to share.  Thank you.

One thing that threw me off in your posting was the comment about Margaritas.  When I'm in an episodic cluster, alcohol almost always sparks a CH.  I thought that was the same for all CH sufferers. 

Not you?

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Reply #2626 - Sep 14th, 2019 at 10:35pm

Oxygen Worshipper wrote on Sep 14th, 2019 at 7:38pm:
...alcohol almost always sparks a CH.† I thought that was the same for all CH sufferers.†

G'day,† Worshipper,† and welcome aboard the good ship ch.com.

In truth there's a very limited few of us who can drink alcohol right through a cycle with no ill effect at all but we tend to stay a bit quiet about it to avoid the hate mail from others.

Other people have no identifiable triggers at all and I truly doubt any two of us are the same so it's all just part of the adventure of CH.

Are you trying the D3 regimen?† Many people have had great success with it.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me†anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #2627 - Sep 15th, 2019 at 9:12pm

Hi and welcome Oxygen Worshiper

I think there are quite a few of us who are in awe of what oxygen can do to a CH.

Have you looked at our O2 page - Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

I'm one for whom alcohol doesn't trigger a CH, although it can be a migraine trigger for me, so I'm only half "immune".

I'll second Brian's suggestion about D3, it ranks up there with O2 for how amazing it can be.

Tell use more about your CH and we'll see what we can suggest.

IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Reply #2628 - Sep 16th, 2019 at 2:52am

Hey Nik,

I missed your post last week. The following chart illustrates the 30 day response rate.† As you can see, some CHers experience a significant drop in the frequency of their CH after the first or second dose. 80% of CHers who start this regimen experience this significant response or better yet a pain free response in the first 30 days.†

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

The most of the remaining 18% who didn't respond in the first 30 days, usually do so with higher maintenance doses of 15,000 to 25,000 IU/day.

The two month figure for a response comes into play if you don't do the 12-Day accelerated vitamin D3 loading schedule as that's how long it could take to reach a 25(OH)D3 therapeutic serum concentration without loading

Take care and please keep us posted.

V/R, Batch

You love lots of things if you live around them. But there isn't any woman and there isn't any horse, thatís as lovely as a great airplane. If it's a beautiful fighter, your heart will be ever there
pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

MDR
CH.com Veteran

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Elysburg Pa.
Reply #2629 - Feb 10th, 2020 at 1:45pm

UP UP so new people can find this

Mark

IP Logged

Mark Olson
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

San Jose, CA
Reply #2630 - Feb 25th, 2020 at 3:02am

Batch,

It has been many, many months since I have lurked here on CH.com.  The reason is that I rarely even think about CH any more.  I have been on the regimen for a couple of years now, keeping my D3 levels right around 100ng/ml.  While I still know when I have an episode due to some shadows and a few very minor headaches, my life has been pretty much back to normal.  I avoid alcohol during my CH windows, since they still will trigger headaches, but that is a small price to pay to be essentially pain free.

So thank you Batch.  You have completely changed my life.

Mark  Smiley

IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Reply #2631 - Feb 25th, 2020 at 4:46am

Hey Mark,

Thank you for the kind words.† They mean a lot to me.

One of the major findings over the last few years has been the impact of allergic reactions on the frequency, severity and duration of CH.† In short, the histamine released during an allergic reaction to a CHer is like Kryptonite to Superman...† bad news.†

Moreover an allergic reaction can flip a CHer out of a long period of remission even with a 25(OH)D3 serum concentration over 150 ng/mL.† That has happened to me at least twice.† Fortunately, the solution is to start loading vitamin D3 at 50,000 IU/day and to start a week to 10-day course of a first-generation antihistamine like Benadryl† (Diphenhydramine HCL) at 25 mg every four hours.† It's usually taken 4 to 5 days to get back to a completely CH pain free state so I can drop back to my usual maintenance dose of vitamin D3.

I have a section on this problem in the revised version of the treatment protocol I hope to have ready to post soon.

Thank you again for the kind words and take care.

V/R, Batch

You love lots of things if you live around them. But there isn't any woman and there isn't any horse, thatís as lovely as a great airplane. If it's a beautiful fighter, your heart will be ever there
pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

Sean McE2
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #2632 - Mar 27th, 2020 at 5:48pm

Just an update on well the D3 program works. I haven't been able to post for a long time as the site won't recognize my name or password and won't let me create a new one with my present email address. I finally gave up and used the "woman who must be obeyed's" email address to create a new account. They came early this year, first week of February and as I wasn't on the program I had to ramp up.  6 days @ 50000 D3 along with the cofactors and then dropped to 20000 and then to 15000 a day. After starting I relied on O2  for a week but one week in and I didn't even need that. My cycle is stlll on (occasional shadows) but life is good, PF, all I can say is Thank you Batch.   Sean

As I'm in the Seattle area we holed up 3 weeks ago, been out once to pick up a script for mama. We fortunately had the foresight to see this coming and what necessities we needed we took care of back in February. Venison and fish are gonna be on the menu for awhile!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 104 105 106 
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!