Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 107
Send Topic Print
123 Days PF And I Think I know Why (Read 441126 times)
oxyrunner
CH.com Junior

In the middle of difficulty
lies opportunity

Kent UK
Re: 123 Days PF And I Think I know Why
Reply #75 - Mar 11th, 2011 at 3:21am

Well just to update you all - 12-15am never happened, slept right through  Cheesy . Only the odd little shadow. It could be that I was coming to the end of the cycle but I usually have shorter lived CH's getting all the time less intense and shorter lived until the final one lasts only 15 minutes, then they stop. This time they have stopped dead  Grin Grin. I'm gonna keep this regime up, oh and I may just have some smoked salmon and egg for breakfast.
Happy days

IP Logged

julieknfla
CH.com Junior

ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING

x0|Ocala|USA||0|0|FL,Florida
Reply #76 - Mar 11th, 2011 at 7:08am

This is my 7th day taking the cal-mag-D3. I did up my dose of the D up to 8,200 IU the 5th day, along with 10 mg and 1 benadryl at bedtime, as I was having shadows during the day, and light kip 4 attacks at night. Last night was my first PF night! (for this cycle which was in it's 12th day) I am convinced this works! Back in Nov of last year my GP had told me I was low on D. My bloodwork says vitamin D 25-OH Total 35 ng/ml. She advised me to start 2,000 IU extra D a day, but I bought the bottle and foolishly never started them. I live in Fla, but I also work in a dimly light rooms performing ultrasounds all day. Isn't it amazing that CH just may be caused by vit D defficiency, after all the years we may have suffered and it was so easily prevented? Please, everyone keep us updated on your progress on this regime, and to everyone who has posted their progress, thank you sooooo much!

julieknfla  
IP Logged

julieknfla
CH.com Junior

ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING

Reply #77 - Mar 11th, 2011 at 8:30am

Also, keep in mind that even if you do get an a adequate amount of sunlight, as we grow older, our bodies are not able to process the sun into vitamin D as easily, according to my doc. I am anxious to have my levels tested again after being on the extra D3. I think a little caution is advised that we don't get to MUCH D, although I think it takes more than 3 months at high intake to cause problems. I intend to gradually reduce my dose.

julieknfla  
IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Reply #78 - Mar 11th, 2011 at 11:41am

Julie,

Thanks again for two excellent posts.  Having a medical professional like you posting on this thread is adding the kind of feedback we need to hear. 

If you go through the attachment I added to this thread in post #73 you'll see both the therapeutic and maintenance dosage for vitamin D3 as well as the new target 25(OH)D3 levels suggested by Dr. Lewis.

He lists the following levels for 25(OH)D as a practical guide to diagnosis and management. The following 25(OH)D levels are in nmol/L:

• <100 = Deficient
  • 100-200 = Optimal
  • 135-225 = Normal in sunny countries
  • 500+ = Potentially toxic (this would require a sustained daily intake >/= 40,000 IU)

[Note: To convert from nmol/L to ng/ml, divide by 2.5]

Take care and thanks again for the great post,

V/R, Batch
« Last Edit: Mar 11th, 2011 at 11:49am by Batch »  

You love lots of things if you live around them. But there isn't any woman and there isn't any horse, that’s as lovely as a great airplane. If it's a beautiful fighter, your heart will be ever there
pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

ICY
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Rochdale UK
Reply #79 - Mar 11th, 2011 at 2:12pm

Well I have finally got my finger out and been to the health shop only D3 could find though was 10ug so will be starting on a low dose, ordered some 5000iu but gotta wait for them to be sent to me.

Will post results over next few days, heres hoping Smiley

thanks Pete Smiley
« Last Edit: Mar 11th, 2011 at 2:13pm by ICY »  
ian.cross75  
IP Logged

River_Rat
CH.com Old Timer

Bettendorf, IA  52722
Reply #80 - Mar 11th, 2011 at 5:41pm

Hello everyone, it's been a long time since I've been on, almost forgot what they felt like, last night I couldn't even load a syringe my eye swelled shut and I begain to remember what a 9 or 10 was, I've been getting hit with 4's and 5's over the last couple weeks and was just hoping they would pass, I should know better I've been dancing for almost 30 years now. I went and grabbed D3 5000 and Omega3 1200 this morning. Starting today, I took 10K D3 and 3600 Omega 3 this morning and feel pretty good about my chances. Love you Batch I will keep you updated.......Norm

WWW http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=10000048 realtornorm  
IP Logged

ICY
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Rochdale UK
Reply #81 - Mar 12th, 2011 at 7:53pm

Day 2 of trying the new regime of 3000mg omega3 and 1500iu D3 have resulted in a virtually pain free day, I am currently in the second lot of Pred tapers, and the last 5 days onwards them have been tough, I am now down to the penultimate day of current taper and feeling quite good, still have a mild headache but nothing I cant cope with.

There looks to be some improvment and the only change is the D3 and Omega3.

This is possibly a coincidence as last year my cycle ended in March, so will keep taking for a couple of weeks then drop them and see if this horrid creature returns, if so then I am hooked on these suppliments for ever Smiley
« Last Edit: Mar 13th, 2011 at 12:12pm by ICY »  
ian.cross75  
IP Logged

River_Rat
CH.com Old Timer

Bettendorf, IA  52722
Reply #82 - Mar 13th, 2011 at 10:24am

UPDATE AS PROMISED;

Day one; Took 10,000 i.u D3 and 3600 Omega3 fish oil, I had nothing until about 10pm then got nailed with a kip 6-7 it lasted 20-25 min, fell asleep and slept all night (nice) until my unual 6am

Day two, had a shadow most of the day but then at about 4 I decide to have a little Vodka (I haven't drank in about 6 weeks) after about 3 drinks the shadow went away and I got very drunk (FUN), went to bed and slept all night, I just woke up a few minutes ago and my head is clear, not even a shadow.

Day three; TBD FEELING GREAT. Headed to Wisconsin Dells in a few minutes I will update more when I get back, or if I can get online I will update while I'm there.

You Da Man Batch!

IP Logged

Jair Crawford
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Reply #83 - Mar 13th, 2011 at 5:05pm

I am seeing a recurring pattern with everyone here who has tried this. Day one on the regimen, the intensity of the attacks seems to be going down by about half. Then on day two, everyone is posting that they are practically pain free. I mean, every. single. person. This is amazing!

I don't have CH. I don't know anyone in person who has CH. But I want to help. Let me know how I can spread awareness.
https://www.facebook.com/jair.crawford?ref=tn_tnmn  
IP Logged

Glassman
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Ohio
Reply #84 - Mar 13th, 2011 at 8:39pm

I was talking to a friend yesterday who gets regular migraine headaches and went on D3 (2,000 IU/daily) two years ago.  She said her incidence of getting them went from from dozens per year to just a couple per year.  She further told me her M.D. was shocked that her D3 levels were within normal range.  He went on to say that only one other of his patients had normal levels, every other patient was far below normal.

Maine Coon Cat Crazy

IP Logged

Dashawn
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Oakland, CA
Reply #85 - Mar 13th, 2011 at 8:41pm

First I just want to say hello. I have been almost CH free for 4 years and got my first headache this past Thursday. I honestly believe it has something to do with the changing of the seasons as Daylight savings time is today. So I cam across this thread and I started it on Friday.
I normally take a 1200mg fish oil everyday and have been taking it for the past 3 years. So Friday I went and for some Vitamin D3. Here's my schedule

Friday
4800 mg fish oil
15,000 IU of Vitamin D3
1 headache at 11:00pm
took 100mg Imitrex

Saturday
4800 mg Fish Oil
15,000 IU of Vitamin D3
1 headache at 10:30pm
took 100mg Imitrex

Sunday
4800 mg fish oil
15,000 IU of vitamin D3
1 headache at 12:30pm
took 100mg Imitrex

One thing I noticed is that my headaches are less severe. And they don't last as long. Also I noticed that the patterns are real sporadic. I'll let you all know if I get a headache tonight. I'm trying to take detailed notes on the time and how long they last.
« Last Edit: Mar 13th, 2011 at 8:43pm by Dashawn »  

IP Logged

red ryder
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Reply #86 - Mar 15th, 2011 at 9:28am

Just wanted to let everyone know I have gone 2 weeks without a headache after starting this formula. My cycle usualy goes around 6-8 weeks this time only 2 weeks with headaches before starting the D3 etc... and none after the second day of taking the full amounts Batch recommends. I am starting to taper the verap down from 400 and now at 240 and still no headaches. The only other thing I am on is 6 mg melatonin at night.

In my 17 years of headaches this is by far the easiest cycle ever. I have no doubt there is something to this formula. Thanks for all your hard work and research Batch. I can't wait to try a cold beer in a week or so!!!!!!     Jay

IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Reply #87 - Mar 15th, 2011 at 10:39am

Hey Jay,

That's great news!  Come up on Skype when you're ready and I'll join you in knocking back a cold brew face to face.

Take care,

V/R, Batch

You love lots of things if you live around them. But there isn't any woman and there isn't any horse, that’s as lovely as a great airplane. If it's a beautiful fighter, your heart will be ever there
pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

red ryder
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Reply #88 - Mar 15th, 2011 at 2:39pm

Don't have the Skype yet. Need to get more tech. savy!! Again batch thanks I will let you know how the beer test goes in the next couple of weeks.    Jay

IP Logged

dazza
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #89 - Mar 15th, 2011 at 10:53pm

I live in New Zealand, the stongest 3D you can buy is 1000iu here so ordered some 5000iu on line from the USA only to have them held back  at Auckland international mail center. They say anything over 1000iu is prescription only  Angry

IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #90 - Mar 16th, 2011 at 3:52am

I've been taking 1000iU for a while, but really noticed my CHs have drastically dropped off over summer as I spend a lot more time outside, which with the bright sunlight we get here in NZ will mean that my body is also making lots of D3.

IP Logged

River_Rat
CH.com Old Timer

Bettendorf, IA  52722
Reply #91 - Mar 16th, 2011 at 7:14pm

UPDATE AS PROMISED

Day 6, just got back from Wis Dells, had a couple shadows thats about it, I'm sure the chlorine from the inside water parks didn't help. Drank some dark beer, regular beer, vodka, red wine, and a bunnch of other stuff and the head is clear. I'm calling this a fix, I know my body, I either get hit or I don't and I'm not.

Good Luck to everyone I'm out Grin

I'll be back if I get hit again!

Thanks again Batch

IP Logged

nhs
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Reply #92 - Mar 17th, 2011 at 2:45pm

Hi Batch

Thanks, the vitamin-d is amazing. I'm still CH free, now for 2½ years.  Smiley

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
« Last Edit: Mar 17th, 2011 at 2:46pm by nhs »  

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #93 - Mar 17th, 2011 at 4:37pm

A painful reminder to everyone on this board, we should not be so swift to disregard potential new treatments. Batch was not the first one to suggest Vit D as a potential treatment, the first person to suggest it was driven from the board a sa charlaton.

I don't claim there wasn't sufficient blame on both sides of the coin...if you feel driven to immediatley respond to this post....ask yourself if maybe you could have responded differently to the original post, and many people could have availed themselves of an effective treatment much sooner.

Won't argue the point...just something to think about.

Joe

edited to fix spelling
« Last Edit: Mar 17th, 2011 at 4:38pm by Guiseppi »  

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

nhs
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Reply #94 - Mar 17th, 2011 at 5:16pm

Hi Joe

I want to apologize my part that the vitamin D debate went off track. I will hope everybody will try the Batch formular and hopefully get the same result as I did.  Smiley

IP Logged

MorDog
CH.com Junior

Not Again!

Wauseon, Ohio / USA
Reply #95 - Mar 17th, 2011 at 6:16pm

Hello all,

Background: 16 years  episodic, went 25 months PF until the middle of this past February.  Mostly the night hits but sometimes just before or just after bed.  Also shadows, zaps, and the occasional regular headache.

I just read through this thread.  First let me say I am so glad this has worked for so many.  Coincidently I had already been taking Fish Oil with Omega 3 1000 mg and 2000 IU of D3 for some time just for the health benefits.  However, I still started my cycle and I am in my 5th week.  The only difference I have had this time is I seem to skip days with hits.  I might have 1 or 2 hits a day for 3 or 4 days in a row then be PF for 1 - 3 days until the hits come back.  I noticed the amounts you all are taking of the supplements are higher than what I am currently taking so I am going to try the higher doses and see what happens.  Hopefully I can get the same results as the rest of you.  I know we are all different and this may not work for me but I am willing to give it a go.
« Last Edit: Mar 17th, 2011 at 6:17pm by MorDog »  

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts.

IP Logged

julieknfla
CH.com Junior

ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING

Reply #96 - Mar 17th, 2011 at 6:29pm

Well, Nhs, I am sure most of us realize Batch did not invent Vitamin D. Tongue  He was only stating what is working for him. I am very thankful that he started this thread. I believe this concept of how low blood serum vitamin D may be playing a part in CH, and the ca-mag-d-fish oil suggestion  be repeated OFTEN, or archived in an easy to find link like Johnny recommended. Alot of us come and go, and when we come here, we are looking for ways to deal with the beast. Through the years, I have used and appreciated so much advice given here; Barry suggesting taurine, Johnny and Linda Howell helping me to understand how to use the high flow oxygen in the most effective way and so many other helpful suggestions. Remember we are all here to help eachother!
I am still having pretty good luck with this regimen, I Have'nt had over a kip 4 since the fourth day of it. I'm sleeping better, and have had a BIG decrease in the frequency as well as intensity of hits. As Guiseppi stated it's not a cure, but in my opinion it's pretty close. Thanks again Batch!! Smiley  MorDog, I think you will notice an improvement on the higher dosage. I didn't notice a HUGE effect until I upped my dose to 8300 MG of D3, I did however, order a home testing kit recommended by the vitamin D council  to take in the next month or two.
« Last Edit: Mar 17th, 2011 at 7:24pm by julieknfla »  
julieknfla  
IP Logged

Barry_T_Coles
CH.com Alumnus

Karratha|,West_Australia
Reply #97 - Mar 18th, 2011 at 4:22am

Hi Folks
Batch & I have been corresponding by PM & Email on this regime for some time as I wanted to get a good grip on just what Batch did in his research & his documentation & as I stated earlier in this thread

I started on a magnesium/calcium regime in April 2006 & had varying results with remission from high cycles (I'm chronic) until around July 2008 it was about that time that the Magnesium/Calcium supplements I was taking changed when the manufacturer added Vitamin D3 to the mix, I have now been 880 days in low cycle with only shadows & the occasional ice pick jab.”
What I haven’t been able to achieve is a stabilisation of my pH levels, I bought some Urine/Saliva test strips to monitor my pH levels & stayed away from food or substances that would raise my pH into the alkaline area but with no success.
The possible reason for this is I have gone into a high cycle just as I started monitoring but with some promising results; I got a minor hit 19/2/2011 at about a KIP 3 missed a couple of days then hit again & so on but only getting 2 hits that reached the KIP 8, the interesting thing is that I think this cycle may be coming to an end as I haven’t got a hit in over 34 hours only heavy shadowing.
If this is indeed the end to this cycle it will be the shortest high cycle I have had since going chronic back in late 2004 the previous shortest high cycle was 50 days, this one currently 27 days . & this has never happened in the past before the D3.

My Total best PF period was 940 days with only shadows & the occasional ice pick jab.

Another point that Batch made was the weight loss he achieved believed to have come from the fish oil sups’ I normally weigh 62 kilo dripping wet & I have dropped to 56.5 Kilo so I stopped taking the fish oil before I disappear down the drain pipe while showering.

What will be interesting is how long a remission Batch gets with this regime “ I hope its forever” but only time will tell & what is important is that if we can get lengthy remission periods & reduce the length of time we are dancing then that puts us in a better position than we could have hoped before.

PF time people.
Cheers
Barry
« Last Edit: Mar 18th, 2011 at 4:24am by Barry_T_Coles »  

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
Of all the things i've lost in life the thing i miss most is my mind.
WWW http://mushys.com/kiwi  
IP Logged

wimsey1
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

MA
Reply #98 - Mar 18th, 2011 at 8:02am

As those of you who have read my recent posts know, I went back into chronic cycle when my neuro decided to "test" the effectiveness of the verapamil I was taking. At the time I was taking 400mg/day and only getting hit once or twice every 3-4 days. So, down I went, over a 4 week period, to 320mg/day, and whooop, there it is! Daily hits; nighttime hits; chronic cycle ramping up into full swing.

So...I'm back up to 400mg/day, and before I try to go even higher on Verapamil, I'm going with Batch's regime.  I had begun the D3, now I've added the Fish Oil and Ca-Mg-Zn tabs as well. I'll let you know how it goes. Blessings. lance

IP Logged

Glassman
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Ohio
Reply #99 - Mar 18th, 2011 at 8:12am

Best wishes for PF, Lance!

Maine Coon Cat Crazy

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 107
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!