Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Las Vegas (Read 9864 times)
LasVegas
CH.com Sponsor

Episodic CH since 11 yrs
old, now 50.

north of the 60th parallel
Las Vegas
Jan 3rd, 2011 at 10:47pm

Any locals want to get together for an informal meet n greet?  Tourists welcome too

Wishing everybody at CH.com less pain w/ more productivity in their lives in 2019

IP Logged

BobG
CH.com Hall of Famer

St. George, UT
Re: Las Vegas
Reply #1 - Jan 4th, 2011 at 1:27pm

I'm busy that day.

Just kidding.

Sure. Just post the time and place.

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.

IP Logged

Jackie
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Go For It!!!

Goshen, IN
Reply #2 - Jan 4th, 2011 at 3:11pm

BobG wrote on Jan 4th, 2011 at 1:27pm:
I'm busy that day.

Smartassism was invented in Vegas....right Bob?  Wink

IP Logged

LasVegas
CH.com Sponsor

Episodic CH since 11 yrs
old, now 50.

Reply #3 - Jan 4th, 2011 at 5:43pm

Happy New Year BobG, are you still in your very long remission? Hope so!

It's been 5 or 6 yrs since our Las Vegas Meet n Greet, maybe we could get a few of us together again like we used to

Wishing everybody at CH.com less pain w/ more productivity in their lives in 2019

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #4 - Jan 4th, 2011 at 6:55pm

Just for the chance to see Bob again........I'd seriously consider a road trip...... Cheesy

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

BobG
CH.com Hall of Famer

St. George, UT
Reply #5 - Jan 5th, 2011 at 5:08pm

Right on, Jackie.  Grin

Joe, you're making me blush. Embarrassed

IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Do not feed the Moderators

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #6 - Jan 5th, 2011 at 10:16pm

Hey, Las Vegas?    If you meet up with my friend Bob make sure you settle on a Mexican restaurant.
  Bob Just LOVES Mexican food.

BTW...you will absolutely love him and his wife Renon.  They are both good people.

Hurt people.....hurt people.   Think about it.
WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

LasVegas
CH.com Sponsor

Episodic CH since 11 yrs
old, now 50.

Reply #7 - Jan 5th, 2011 at 11:15pm

Happy New Year Linda, I have met BobG several times when him and I organized many Meet n Greets about 5 or 6 yrs ago.  Agreed, great guy!

IP Logged

monster
CH.com Alumnus

I feel like a monster

Boise,Idaho
Reply #8 - Jan 9th, 2011 at 9:02am

I could do vegas,  road trip !!!!!!!!! ;D

"God whispers in your soul and speaks to your mind.
Sometimes when you don't have time to listen, He has to throw a brick at you.  It's your choice: Listen to the whisper, or wait for the brick."

IP Logged

LadyLuv
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Champaign, IL
Reply #9 - Jan 10th, 2011 at 10:40am

Hows About a OUCH Convention in Vegas this summer..... ??? Huh, Huh, How Bout It???

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
Ruthie Harper Ruthie Harper  
IP Logged

monster
CH.com Alumnus

I feel like a monster

Boise,Idaho
Reply #10 - Jan 10th, 2011 at 12:53pm

im with you Ladyluv, maybe around the vegas nascar race !!!!
« Last Edit: Jan 10th, 2011 at 12:54pm by monster »  

Sometimes when you don't have time to listen, He has to throw a brick at you.  It's your choice: Listen to the whisper, or wait for the brick."

IP Logged

BobG
CH.com Hall of Famer

St. George, UT
Reply #11 - Jan 11th, 2011 at 7:18pm

If you want a hotel room or even a sleazy motel room around race weekend you'd better make a reservation now.

IP Logged

monster
CH.com Alumnus

I feel like a monster

Boise,Idaho
Reply #12 - Jan 12th, 2011 at 8:42am

i take it Bob your not much of a nascar fan Cool oh well i have a dvr so i could record it , sounds more comfortable anyway. watching it in my not so sleazy living room,just promise not to  tell me who wins Grin

IP Logged

BobG
CH.com Hall of Famer

St. George, UT
Reply #13 - Jan 13th, 2011 at 7:25pm

It's not about being a nascar fan. I live about 15 miles from the speedway and it would take at least 2 hours to get into the parking lot. There's no way I'd get on the freeway and creep along, stop and go, up to 5mph for 2 hours to see any race.
Room prices double on race weekend. And, there will be at least 200,000 fans in town and they all want a room. There ain't that many rooms. 98% of the rooms were reserved the day after last year's race weekend.

IP Logged

monster
CH.com Alumnus

I feel like a monster

Boise,Idaho
Reply #14 - Jan 14th, 2011 at 9:55am

you painted a picture that i would avoid too bob Shocked

IP Logged

Grinner62
CH.com Veteran

Wichita Falls,Texas
Reply #15 - Jan 25th, 2011 at 11:37pm

LadyLuv wrote on Jan 10th, 2011 at 10:40am:
Hows About a OUCH Convention in Vegas this summer..... ??? Huh, Huh, How Bout It???

I like that idea. I haven't been to lost wages for 15 years or so. I found my Sands coffee cups in storage a couple weeks ago.

IP Logged

monster
CH.com Alumnus

I feel like a monster

Boise,Idaho
Reply #16 - Jan 26th, 2011 at 8:53am

I vote for doing it !!!!

IP Logged

Louise Barham
CH.com Old Timer

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Columbia, South Carolina
Reply #17 - Feb 10th, 2011 at 1:50pm

Not to be a downer, 'caus u all know I am not.  But, we would need some pretty strong committments on people who will actually come in order to get the best hotel deals.  I am willing to look at anything the BOD wants me to.  I've never been there and would love to go.  Of course I may have a conflict between the OUCH stuff and the slots. Wink Grin

Louise

Louise&&Mother of CH son
weezerbarham  
IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #18 - Feb 10th, 2011 at 1:54pm

Louise - I think these guys are talking about an informal gathering, not something sanctioned by OUCH.

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

LasVegas
CH.com Sponsor

Episodic CH since 11 yrs
old, now 50.

Reply #19 - Aug 6th, 2011 at 3:48pm

It's been 6 months since I started this post and the offer is still valid.  Anybody in Las Vegas or visiting Las Vegas that wants to meet other CH sufferers, please do reply

IP Logged

LadyLuv
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Champaign, IL
Reply #20 - Aug 10th, 2011 at 4:14pm

LasVegas wrote on Aug 6th, 2011 at 3:48pm:
It's been 6 months since I started this post and the offer is still valid.  Anybody in Las Vegas or visiting Las Vegas that wants to meet other CH sufferers, please do reply

LadyLuv wrote on Jan 10th, 2011 at 10:40am:

Hey Vegas, I have the same reply as before...only instead of this summer... change it to next summer....

Cheesy Cheesy

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
Ruthie Harper Ruthie Harper  
IP Logged

Blue Meanie
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Reply #21 - Aug 13th, 2011 at 12:41am

Hi Vegas. Sure wish I could make it out that way. Just wanted to say when I first started coming to the boards, I met one of my first Clusterheads in Vegas. It was EXCELLENT. I feel so bad i forgot her name it's been so long. I can tell you we both where in Heaven the day we met. Something I am sure neither of us will forget (except the name  Cheesy). If anyone goes to Vegas, they should hook up with you. I think Bob G was out inventing Ice Cream or something that day so i missed him.  Grin Nothing better than talking to someone WHO KNOWS.

IP Logged

LasVegas
CH.com Sponsor

Episodic CH since 11 yrs
old, now 50.

Reply #22 - Aug 13th, 2011 at 4:20pm

Blue Meanie wrote on Aug 13th, 2011 at 12:41am:
Hi Vegas. Sure wish I could make it out that way. Just wanted to say when I first started coming to the boards, I met one of my first Clusterheads in Vegas. It was EXCELLENT. I feel so bad i forgot her name it's been so long. I can tell you we both where in Heaven the day we met. Something I am sure neither of us will forget (except the name  Cheesy). If anyone goes to Vegas, they should hook up with you. I think Bob G was out inventing Ice Cream or something that day so i missed him.  Grin Nothing better than talking to someone WHO KNOWS.

You're right, there is a real connection when CHers get together.  Have you searched old threads from the time period you and her were both posting on this board?  Might be able to recall her name this way. 

Also you could go to "where we live" tab on the left side of your screen and look by state for her name.  Hopefully you can reconnect with her someday.

BobG and I attended several "meet n greets" here in LV back in 2003-2004.  He is a genuine man, supportive to others and very knowledgeable about CH's too. 

Next time you visit Sin City, make sure to look us both up.  Wink

IP Logged

BobG
CH.com Hall of Famer

St. George, UT
Reply #23 - Aug 13th, 2011 at 8:22pm

"Next time you visit Sin City, make sure to look us both up."

You can't look me up in Vegas any more. A month ago we moved to St. George, Utah. Got tired of the Vegas rat-race, heat, wind, traffic and wanted something slower. A lot slower. But, if a get together is held in Vegas I'd like to be there. I'm only 2 hours away.

IP Logged

LasVegas
CH.com Sponsor

Episodic CH since 11 yrs
old, now 50.

Reply #24 - Aug 16th, 2011 at 9:54pm

BobG wrote on Aug 13th, 2011 at 8:22pm:
"Next time you visit Sin City, make sure to look us both up."

You can't look me up in Vegas any more. A month ago we moved to St. George, Utah. Got tired of the Vegas rat-race, heat, wind, traffic and wanted something slower. A lot slower. But, if a get together is held in Vegas I'd like to be there. I'm only 2 hours away.

I can't wait to move outta this town either, but am stuck for at least 7 more years.

Congratulations on your escape Bob. Grin

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!