Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Newby looking for helpxx (Read 3394 times)
marzakki
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Newby looking for helpxx
Oct 19th, 2011 at 11:47am

Hi all, would just like to introduce myself as I have recently started dating a fellow, and has told me he suffers with cluster headaches. He is a lovely man and this hasnt put me off him at all. I have been reading up all I can on the subject and found this site. It is so good that there are so many people who care out there. I have joined so I can get as much help and support I need so I can help and support my partner when he needs it. I am not quite sure what to expect or know what to do when he starts getting them, which I know will be soon, but I am sure I will receive the best information from you all. If anyone would like to help me out so I can learn more about this and to be the best carer/supporter he has ever had, I would be so grateful.
I look forward to all your help and guidance. Thank you.xxx

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Re: Newby looking for helpxx
Reply #1 - Oct 19th, 2011 at 1:33pm

Not a supporter, I'm a CH'er, just wanted to thank you on behalf of my CH brother. Lucky person to have a pro-active supporter like you.

My wife has stuck thru 31 years of these damned things. When she hears me dragging the oxygen tank out, she brings me a Red Bull on ice, and then stays away from me and keeps others away from me. Most of us like to be alone when we're battling the beasty. You'll need to find out from your partner, the preference to be alone or to have you there.

Is your partner on this board yet? This is the mother lode of info on the treatment of CH. Thanks again, supporters like you are golden.

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

flipperlips
CH.com Alumnus

Live, Laugh, Love

Mcallen, TX
Reply #2 - Oct 19th, 2011 at 5:49pm

Hi there  Smiley

I'm Jen and I'm a supporter to my hubby Phil.  We've been together for 10 years...married for the last 8.

Much like Joe, Phil likes to be left alone when he's doing battle.  He gets hit worst at night so most times I sleep right through it since I'm so used to him getting up.  We're together pretty much 24/7 so during the day if I see the signs of a hit coming I grab him an energy drink and let him chug it in peace.

Just wondering and not trying to be nosy, is he on any meds like a preventative (Verapamil, Lithium, Topamax) or an abortive (Imitrex, Zomig)? 

If he isn't currently using oxygen make sure to read the tab to the left about it.  It's a great abortive.  There's also a thread under Medications tab called 123 Days PF and I think I know why that people are having good success with.

Educate yourself as much as you can.  Knowledge is power. 

Don't be afraid to ask us questions.  We'll do our best to answer them or find the answer for you.

Only one life.....only one chance to make the moment count for something - Racer1_NC

flipperlips 100000247863039 pjtimmer@sbcglobal.net  
IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #3 - Oct 19th, 2011 at 10:41pm

And to show you that we're all different, I like my supporter to be around, make sure I've got going on the oxygen and stuff first before leaving me to get on will killing the CH off in peace.

IP Logged

BreMac
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Prince George, B.C.
Reply #4 - Oct 20th, 2011 at 9:31am

Just wanted to welcome you to our little family, and to thank you  Grin it is wonderful to see there are some people out there who are willing to go the extra mile(or two or three) to try and get a better understanding of what it is we CHers go through. Read, read, read, and ask your partner about his symptoms, we may all listen to the same "Band" but the tune is different for most of us Smiley again Thank you very much.

bremac101  
IP Logged

LasVegas
CH.com Sponsor

Episodic CH since 11 yrs
old, now 50.

north of the 60th parallel
Reply #5 - Oct 25th, 2011 at 7:18am

marzakki wrote on Oct 19th, 2011 at 11:47am:
Hi all, would just like to introduce myself as I have recently started dating a fellow, and has told me he suffers with cluster headaches. He is a lovely man and this hasnt put me off him at all. I have been reading up all I can on the subject and found this site. It is so good that there are so many people who care out there. I have joined so I can get as much help and support I need so I can help and support my partner when he needs it. I am not quite sure what to expect or know what to do when he starts getting them, which I know will be soon, but I am sure I will receive the best information from you all. If anyone would like to help me out so I can learn more about this and to be the best carer/supporter he has ever had, I would be so grateful.
I look forward to all your help and guidance. Thank you.xxx

Wow, you are a good woman and he is a lucky man to have your support by his side.  Everything known thus far about CH's is on this board.  Lots of reading and fire away with questions anytime.  We are glad you are here!  We need more supporters and educated people about CH's.  Good luck to both of you together! Wink

Wishing everybody at CH.com less pain w/ more productivity in their lives in 2019

IP Logged

believer88
CH.com Newbie

CH Supporter since July

Pennsylvania
Reply #6 - Nov 16th, 2011 at 12:29pm

Hi,

I'm kind of a newbie here, too. My boyfriend and I have been together for four months, and I am trying to get as informed as I can on this site to help him. He's not in a cycle right now, but they aren't really sticking to the normal "schedule" anymore...sometimes they'll just pop up out of the blue, any time of day. It's frustrating to see him go through it.

I finally convinced him to try the supplement regimen that Batch is doing, and he's picking up the supplements tonight after work. I really hope that they work, because he is out of motivation for trying new things.

So glad you are getting informed. Love this site because we can help each other out!

Hayley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!