Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Altitude change triggers a cycle?? (Read 1745 times)
chsbabydoll
CH.com Newbie

Stay Strong !!

Rochester NY
Altitude change triggers a cycle??
Nov 6th, 2011 at 4:42pm

Can anyone help me? Does flying trigger clusters? Or altitude changes like skiing? We were at our local ski hill this fall and he felt a bit of pain on the way up. He is also afraid to fly because he thinks it will trigger. Any one have any insight??

Thanks!!
Debbie

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Re: Altitude change triggers a cycle??
Reply #1 - Nov 6th, 2011 at 11:10pm

I've seen several people post that altitude changes, barometric changes, and flying are triggers for them. They have never been triggers for me. Sadly, it's another trial and error area....and DAMN those errors can hurt. Sad

I've always carried my imitrex injectables when I fly on cycle, but have never had to use them. TSA has checked them several times and have no problem with them.

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Re: Altitude change triggers a cycle??
Reply #2 - Nov 7th, 2011 at 2:44am

For me flying doesn't trigger a CH. I've done 83 flights this year so far and I've never had a single CH whilst flying.

You can take imitrex onto planes and, depending on the country, in some you can also take drinks like Red Bull, etc.

It's incredible how the rules vary so much between countries. For my flight down this morning here in New Zealand I'd no need to take my shoes or belt off (like in the UK). I'd an umbrella in my hand luggage and a can of Red Bull there too (neither are permitted in the UK).

The only way to find out for sure is to try it to see if it does or doesn't affect him.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!