Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
SOMETHING WORKED!! Plus, planning a fundraiser! (Read 4228 times)
CC_stole_my_Harte
CH.com Junior

Life's a garden, DIG IT?!

Tyler, Texas
SOMETHING WORKED!! Plus, planning a fundraiser!
Feb 10th, 2012 at 10:22am

I know the CB board is "for" busting stories, but I just wanted to say that after trying the D3 treatment, we tried busting and it worked!  We did D3 for three weeks before trying something else. It kinda seemed to work and maybe would have been better as a preventative but didn't really break the cycle.  Busting worked after three doses but we took a fourth for good measure.  It has just been so nice to see that happy, captivating smile return to Chris again  Smiley

So anyway, I want to do a fundraiser to raise awareness and also funds to go into research.  Chris is a CrossFit coach and kind of like they have the Komen run, CF also has a fundraiser that several boxes across the world do called "Fight Gone Bad" that goes to the wounded warrior fund (I think...)  Luckily, CF also has a movement they do sometimes actually CALLED clusters.  It's a combination of a clean and a thruster (pulling the bar up to your chest, squat, then press overhead) and they totally SUCK!  I also want to add suicides and other things symbolic of CH and call it "Kick in the Teeth." I'll start it at my own box and then try to expand it.

Sorry I'm rambling, but I'm just excited, lol.

WWW www.facebook.com/jamieeelynn  
IP Logged

Potter
CH.com Alumnus

Team MOOSE DROOL Stinky
Stuff on a Hook Prostaff

Blgs.Mt.
Re: SOMETHING WORKED!! Plus, planning a fundraiser!
Reply #1 - Feb 10th, 2012 at 10:40am

Good luck with that.  Yer gonna need a lawyer and an accounting firm.

Potter

IP Logged

CC_stole_my_Harte
CH.com Junior

Tyler, Texas
Reply #2 - Feb 10th, 2012 at 10:51am

Luckily, one of my clients works with one of the best accounting firms in town who can probably convince the owner to donate services.  Same with the laywer... we have one of those, too.

It's crazy, personal trainers have the best connections.  Think about all the people who can afford trainers and if you're GOOD enough, those people really value you and want to help you as much as you've helped them.

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #3 - Feb 10th, 2012 at 11:07am

I'm so glad busting worked for you guys! Smiley Smiley Anytime somebody beats the beast we all win a little bit. Now you can go back to being disgustingly cute little love birds. Wink I'm hoping this is  a lifetime fix. Thanks again for being the supporter that did the legwork. He's a lucky man...it's ok to remind him of that now and then. Smiley

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #4 - Feb 10th, 2012 at 11:39am

Bravo! Smiley

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

Callico
CH.com Hall of Famer

Author of "Stranded at
Romson's Lodge

Aurora IL
Reply #5 - Feb 10th, 2012 at 6:39pm

Very glad to hear it!  Still looking for what will work for me.

Jerry

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end." Texas A&M Student (unknown)
Jerry Callison  
IP Logged

thebbz
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Feb 10th, 2012 at 10:14pm

I love success stories.
the bb

IP Logged

wimsey1
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

MA
Reply #7 - Feb 11th, 2012 at 8:43am

Callico wrote on Feb 10th, 2012 at 6:39pm:
Very glad to hear it!  Still looking for what will work for me.Jerry

Just turn down the lights, lay down, and take a nap. It's onlly a headache, Jerry.  Undecided

Prayin' for ya, brother. And for me. And for all of us. God bless. lance

IP Logged

CC_stole_my_Harte
CH.com Junior

Tyler, Texas
Reply #8 - Feb 11th, 2012 at 11:01am

Sorry if I got a little too enthusiastic.  I know there are still those of you who are still looking for something that works.

I was happy when they went away last time obviously but something about having them come BACK after 3.5 years made it so much harder to handle.  Even though he had been getting hit for 22 years before that.

This is precisely why we need more money for research and more awareness.  Not going to give up on that one.

IP Logged

fightguy
CH.com Junior

Mesa, Arizona
Reply #9 - Feb 11th, 2012 at 1:42pm

I am so happy for you and Chris, Jamie! God bless you both!

WWW 1775274236  
IP Logged

Callico
CH.com Hall of Famer

Author of "Stranded at
Romson's Lodge

Aurora IL
Reply #10 - Feb 12th, 2012 at 6:51pm

CC_stole_my_Harte wrote on Feb 11th, 2012 at 11:01am:
Sorry if I got a little too enthusiastic.  I know there are still those of you who are still looking for something that works.

I was happy when they went away last time obviously but something about having them come BACK after 3.5 years made it so much harder to handle.  Even though he had been getting hit for 22 years before that.

This is precisely why we need more money for research and more awareness.  Not going to give up on that one.

NEVER apologize for being enthusiastic for what works for you!  Rejoice in it!  We rejoice with you.  Never let someone else's problems dampen your joy because there will be times others will be rejoicing about success and you will not be finding it the same way.  I for one am always happy to hear someone else's success story because it gives me hope that something out there will work for me sooner or later.  Personally, I don't care if you get on here every day and give us a count of how many days PF (and may they never end!).

Jerry

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end." Texas A&M Student (unknown)
Jerry Callison  
IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #11 - Feb 12th, 2012 at 9:51pm

Phew!! I figured Jerry would come back on and set it straight. Wink No one's happier then Callico when someone beats the beast. We're pulling for your turn too Jerry. And like he said, never apologize for being enthusiastic about pain free time.

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #12 - Feb 13th, 2012 at 1:48am

Several people have said in multiple different topics here that they love to hear of people having pain free time, even when they are not as it gives them hope that they too can be pain free sometime.

I'd much rather hear of people having success and not just people in pain. And what is better than one person being pain free for a week is them being pain free for a month... And then longer...

IP Logged

MeL
CH.com Junior

Carpe Diem!

Cleveland, Ohio
Reply #13 - Feb 13th, 2012 at 8:15pm

I LOVE it! 

Your story gives the rest of HOPE ... and thats reason I came here!

I wish I could read a new story like this every day!

If we don't take care of ourselves, who will?

IP Logged

jon019
CH.com Alumnus

"Ya gotta believe!"

USA
Reply #14 - Feb 13th, 2012 at 9:12pm

Great news!!!!

The LARGE print giveth....and the small print taketh away.    Tom Waits

IP Logged

CC_stole_my_Harte
CH.com Junior

Tyler, Texas
Reply #15 - Feb 14th, 2012 at 1:22pm

Good to hear.  Just wanted to be sure!  Thank you for the well-wishes everyone  Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!