Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Send Topic Print
Dear family pt 2.... (Read 31030 times)
Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Do not feed the Moderators

Santa Maria, Ca.
Re: Dear family pt 2....
Reply #50 - Feb 22nd, 2013 at 12:51pm

Jon, thanks for sharing those nick-names.  Very amusing reading.  Grin
Sounds like a wonderful company to work for.

Hurt people.....hurt people.   Think about it.
WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

jon019
CH.com Alumnus

"Ya gotta believe!"

USA
Reply #51 - Mar 6th, 2013 at 8:57pm

Ok then...the further adventures of jonboy in "As the Chemo Burns"....

As reported previously...the clinical trial that wasn't gonna help me.... is in progress...test and surgery next week. This one a pay it forward....if not me, who?..if not now,when? If not why,why not? No brainer...

Today I was invited and accepted into a second clinical trial..THIS one may help me! Have told very few yet...but the universal response has been "you're volunteering to be a guinea pig???" I suppose it all has to do with perspective...but I respond...ok, what I have is incurable and terminal (granted...down the line)...given that...what would YOU do? Pause...pause...pause..."oh yeah, guess the same"  Cool
Me: ya think?  Tongue

Guinea pig or not...this trial involves comparison of standard-accepted treatment vs a combination of several meds already in use in Europe for 10 yrs with good results. Since I need chemo now anyway...and they'll switch me to the alternate if the first doesn't work...no brainer!!!

And even better...thank God for NOT small favors...while I'm chronic...there are still cycles..and this recent 4 month HIGH cycle is winding down at a most opportune time...BIG sigh........

...your jonboy remains a blessed and lucky man....

The LARGE print giveth....and the small print taketh away.    Tom Waits

IP Logged

Melissa
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give up!

Central WI, USA
Reply #52 - Mar 7th, 2013 at 8:39am

Thank God it's winding down!  Nothing pisses me off more than having to fight more than one nasty battle at once, especially to such good people!!

TY for the updates, I always look forward to them as you have a way with words, Jon.  Plus, you're energy rubs off on others and I will say I am selfish enough to glean from your optimism.  Cool

Diseases can be our spiritual flat tires - disruptions in our lives that seem to be disasters at the time but end by redirecting our lives in a meaningful way.  ~Bernie S. Siegel
https://www.facebook.com/mellymoo92  
IP Logged

Callico
CH.com Hall of Famer

Author of "Stranded at
Romson's Lodge

Aurora IL
Reply #53 - Mar 8th, 2013 at 1:43am

Answers to prayer, my friend!  I'm so glad for you.  Thanks for the update.

Jerry

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end." Texas A&M Student (unknown)
Jerry Callison  
IP Logged

jon019
CH.com Alumnus

"Ya gotta believe!"

USA
Reply #54 - Mar 14th, 2013 at 5:16pm

So...Chapter 19..."Cut and Paste"...

Surgery today went well....

...First, they make you take off ALL yur clothes...INCLUDING the Pooh-Bear panties...then they put you in a mini-skirt...with yur ass hanging out and yur dangly bits, well, dangling...THEN they ask if you are comfortable?....sheesh...NO!

Actually...these people (UW Med Center)...are quite amazing...universally thorough, professional, and funny.
Check in...knock out...cut up...wake up...butt out the door...all within 3 1/2 hrs!!! I wouldn't recommend as a REGULAR routine...but it WAS pretty dang routine....

Minimal pain...drugs on board..onto the next chapter...

Best

jonboy

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #55 - Mar 14th, 2013 at 6:16pm

There's nothing like a medical procedure to strip a man...(literally in this case  Grin) of all his dignity huh Jon? Wink

Glad to hear it went well, another good step down yer road. Lord knows we're all pulling for ya!

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Melissa
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give up!

Central WI, USA
Reply #56 - Mar 15th, 2013 at 1:59pm

Wow, sounds like an amazing place!  Sorry to hear about the dangle bits. Undecided

Diseases can be our spiritual flat tires - disruptions in our lives that seem to be disasters at the time but end by redirecting our lives in a meaningful way.  ~Bernie S. Siegel
IP Logged

catlind
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Surf's Up!

Weaverville NC
Reply #57 - Mar 16th, 2013 at 5:26am

Glad it went well and you are now comfortable at home.  Good thing there were no kittens around when the dangly bits were hangin' round.....

Course, ya mighta heard a yowl or two from those ya named Wink

*hugs* Cat

A true friend is someone who reaches for your hand and touches your heart.

If yer gonna be stupid, ya gotta be tough

Who is John Galt?
catlind catlind68 or kadiya68 660506913 kadiya68 kadiya68  
IP Logged

Carl D
CH.com Hall of Famer

25+ years CH Veteran

|St. Louis|MO, USA
Reply #58 - Mar 16th, 2013 at 9:07am

Hope you heal up fast and improve 100%. Also sorry about the dangly bits. But you've proven to be a super trooper Jon.

Best wishes,
Carl

Living proof that busting can turn a chronic to episodic!

Live each day as if it were your last because one day, you will be right.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
WWW soylentmack mackdanger http://facebook.com/mackdaniels70 carld1970@yahoo.com cfd+returns  
IP Logged

Callico
CH.com Hall of Famer

Author of "Stranded at
Romson's Lodge

Aurora IL
Reply #59 - Mar 16th, 2013 at 7:46pm

Jon, my friend, you do it to me everytime!  Fortunately, I had just put down my coffee cup before clicking on your thread.  I KNOW better than have coffee in hand when reading anything of yours.

I was feeling sorry for myself somewhat as I've been dealing with a temporary issue and the beast has been acting beastly since last evening.  You have me laughing with tears running down both cheeks and dripping off.  My wife just shook her head and told my daughter, "He's looking at some clusterhead thing again!" 

With laughter as the best medicine I should make it to 150 easily.

Be well, my friend.  You are in our prayers.

Jerry

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end." Texas A&M Student (unknown)
Jerry Callison  
IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #60 - Mar 16th, 2013 at 10:32pm

My supporter too can tell when I'm reading these forums too from similar reactions.

Although the idea of cats and dangly bits is too scary to dwell on!

IP Logged

jon019
CH.com Alumnus

"Ya gotta believe!"

USA
Reply #61 - Mar 27th, 2013 at 9:38pm

Chapter 49..."We Got Good News and Bad News"

...today's appt:

The GOOD...recent biopsy revealed NO progression to a more aggressive form (which Doc thought possible and probable)...trust me...ya can't get much better news than this....

The BAD....it's worse and trending worse...CHEMO time...scary time...

The GOOD....well, it's not such a bad chemo...you should do fine...it won't cure...but it will prolong....

The BAD...frigging insurance company is billing me THOUSANDS of dollars for past, current, and future...because this treatment (same-same)...is at this facility...and not theirs...I'm fighting that..if for nothing more than causing a tiny bit of the aggravation they are causing me...if I lose...it's only money (damned if they won't EARN it then)...

The GOOD...this Doc is just amazing...smart, bright, good sense of humor (sheesh...they should teach THIS in Med school, is all too rare)...spent an hour answering EVERY question I had...with calm intelligence...suspect she would have spent another hour if I needed...displayed NO "rush"...

The GOOD....I'm scared BUT confident...this jonboy remains a blessed and lucky man...

Best

J

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #62 - Mar 27th, 2013 at 10:22pm

We're all in your corner Jon, attitude is everything and yours kicks ass. Smiley Smiley Hugs and love from our family to you.

Joe

IP Logged

Langa
CH.com Alumnus

So many donuts, such little
time...

x0||USA|usa|0|0|NJ,New_Jersey
Reply #63 - Mar 28th, 2013 at 3:16am

Jon, i'm going through a similar situation-I will spare you details.  Just know we love you and are rooting for ya.  Don't know, but I get the feeling you'll be around for a loooooooooooong time.

Hugs,
Langa

When you saw only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you.

IP Logged

Callico
CH.com Hall of Famer

Author of "Stranded at
Romson's Lodge

Aurora IL
Reply #64 - Mar 28th, 2013 at 3:52am

Still praying for you, my friend.  I don't believe either that God is done with you yet.  You are still a blessing to to many people. 

Glad to hear the good news, sorry about the bad. 

jc

Jerry Callison  
IP Logged

jon019
CH.com Alumnus

"Ya gotta believe!"

USA
Reply #65 - Mar 28th, 2013 at 10:06pm

HEY!...thank you ALL! Many decisions still to be made...but I got a family wind beneath my wings...there is no way to express my gratitude for that...EVERY time I walk in a door I don't wanna enter.........

Love

J

IP Logged

Melissa
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give up!

Central WI, USA
Reply #66 - Mar 30th, 2013 at 9:19pm

GOOD-4, BAD-2

Looks like the good is winning. Wink

IP Logged

Lenny
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Los Angeles,CA
Reply #67 - Mar 31st, 2013 at 1:36pm

JON...You have and ALWAYS will be in my thoughts and prayers.....Lenny

yes a newbie,unfortunately not to the beast!!!Chronic - Clusterhead

IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Do not feed the Moderators

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #68 - Apr 2nd, 2013 at 2:14pm

Quote:
Fortunately, I had just put down my coffee cup before clicking on your thread.  I KNOW better than have coffee in hand when reading anything of yours.

Boy, you nailed that one correctly Jerry.   LOL

Hurt people.....hurt people.   Think about it.
WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

jon019
CH.com Alumnus

"Ya gotta believe!"

USA
Reply #69 - Apr 2nd, 2013 at 9:15pm

Chapter 61: "John, We Don't Know How We're Possibly Going to Get Along Without You....But Starting Monday, We Gonna Find Out!"

...those the words of a former Warehouse Mgr coworker when firing a knothead......sorta mean I guess...but "it's not the ones you fire who make your life miserable...it's the one you don't".

...well...starting today....they're finding out how they gonna get along without this Jon...I am retired! Have never understood that word. While I am REAL tired...what does REtire mean?????

...some tears involved with yesterdays leaving...and there's nothing wrong with tears...I just prefer laughter...and there was some of that too...

...and oh...counter-intuitively...Pooh goes in the FRONT...Tigger in the back....

Best

jon
« Last Edit: Apr 2nd, 2013 at 9:17pm by jon019 »  

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #70 - Apr 3rd, 2013 at 9:29am

...well...starting today....they're finding out how they gonna get along without this Jon...I am retired! Have never understood that word. While I am REAL tired...what does REtire mean?????

It means it's all about Jon time!!! Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

In other words....oh happy days! Congrats brudder

Joe

IP Logged

Callico
CH.com Hall of Famer

Author of "Stranded at
Romson's Lodge

Aurora IL
Reply #71 - Apr 4th, 2013 at 6:46am

Jon, Jon, Jon, you did it to me again!  I started reading and then put down my tea cup JUST IN TIME! 

"..and oh...counter-intuitively...Pooh goes in the FRONT...Tigger in the back...."  My friend, you are not right in the head!

I know you will be missed on the job, but I'm glad you were able to pull the plug.  I don't think you will lack for things to do.  You are not the type to just sit around.  My father-in-law has been retired for almost 25 yrs now, and he doesn't know how he ever had time to work a job.

Jerry

Jerry Callison  
IP Logged

Jackie
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Go For It!!!

Goshen, IN
Reply #72 - Apr 4th, 2013 at 5:46pm

Yep....I agree with Joe...

IT'S JON TIME....ENJOY IT!!!

Your are in my thoughts and prayers   Kiss

IP Logged

Jeannie
CH.com Sponsor

Live, Laugh, Love....

St Louis, Missouri
Reply #73 - Apr 4th, 2013 at 7:47pm

Jon,

I think that everyone who has the pleasure of knowing you are the "blessed and lucky" ones.

Jeannie
« Last Edit: Apr 4th, 2013 at 7:48pm by Jeannie »  

"It's all a grand illusion when you think you're in control." ~ Kenny Chesney

IP Logged

jon019
CH.com Alumnus

"Ya gotta believe!"

USA
Reply #74 - Apr 4th, 2013 at 7:49pm

...anyone else ever had the feeling that health insurance companies are the devil's spawn????

...I have been denied coverage for the clinical trial.... which is a no lose no brainer for anyone with any sense...and not only that, but ANY coverage for what is the "standard care" portion of that study...sheesh...."we prefer you dead...it saves money"!

...will therefore be doing the "non study" chemo cycle...and guess I will have to fight for that too....as it aint in their facility. I won't abandon the place that is the ultimate in care....and I will dang sure appeal the heck out of this...apparently a new hobby.........

Best

Jon

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!