Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
CH and Chemotherapy (Read 844 times)
JennKG
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

CH and Chemotherapy
May 22nd, 2015 at 9:15pm

I started getting headaches when I was 14, was diagnosed at 16, and have had episodes at least once a year every year since.  At age 25,  I started having exceptionally bad clusters that exhibited some measurable and substantial change very 5 years, i was diagnosed with cancer at age 43, and underwent a year of chemotherapy and radiation.  My body was really destroyed by the treatment, but you'll understand when I say that  I handled all of that without pain medication, and my biggest fear was that I would start a cluster - that I would not have been able to manage.  I went the entire year and for an additional year and a half afterwards without a single cluster.  I thought somehow the chemo had "cured" the headaches.  Unfortunately, two years ago, the clusters started again.  I started another cluster two weeks ago, and while it had a slow start, it's coming on with a vengeance.  It almost makes me wish for chemotherapy again if that would give me two and a half years of relief. Anyone else find any correlation between chemo and clusters?

IP Logged

Peter510
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give out... But
don't give in.

Wexford. Ireland
Re: CH and Chemotherapy
Reply #1 - May 23rd, 2015 at 1:27am

Welcome Jenn,
You have had it rough.
There's lots of support and info here.
Read everything you can on the D3 regimen, then ask lots of questions.
Mind yourself,
Peter.

You don't stop laughing because you grow old....You grow old because you stop laughing.

IP Logged

Bob Johnson
CH.com Alumnus

"Only the educated are
free." -Epictetus

Kennett Square, PA (USA)
Reply #2 - May 27th, 2015 at 10:03pm

It's difficult to offer any advice without having a history of the docs, treatments, etc. re. your Clusters. Are you seeing a doc who  has experience/skill in treating complex headche disorders?

Bob Johnson

IP Logged

Sean McE
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Seattle, Wa
Reply #3 - May 28th, 2015 at 10:36pm

Hi Jenn,    I don't know about any relationship with chemo and clusters, but the varying remission lengths are real common. I started my cycle a little over 3 weeks ago after a 2 year hiatus, a 1 year break before that, a 6 month break before that and I've lost track before that.  I've been all over the board over the years, from 6 months, 1 year, 1 1/2 years but never longer than 2 years. The only consistency has been spring and/or fall with only 2 exceptions to that rule.

Definitely start the D3 regimen, it took over 2 weeks on it before anything started happening for me but I'm way better now than I was. My episode is still there but I'm a functioning person again and this cycle came on like gangbusters.

Hope you've got oxygen!

Good luck,     Sean

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!