Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
women's trouble. (Read 1984 times)
shadia
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Farnham Quebec
women's trouble.
Oct 2nd, 2015 at 10:49pm

Hi everyone this question is directed more towards women because of the subject but please if you are man and think you know the answer please make your opinion known. Can a menstruation cycle trigger a CH?

This to shall pass

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Re: women's trouble.
Reply #1 - Oct 2nd, 2015 at 11:02pm

I'd always get terrible headaches when it was that time for She-Who-Must-Be-Obeyed.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

shadia
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Farnham Quebec
Reply #2 - Oct 3rd, 2015 at 2:14am

Grin funny AussieBrian, you probably deserved a big one  Tongue

This to shall pass

IP Logged

shadia
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Farnham Quebec
Reply #3 - Oct 3rd, 2015 at 5:27am

but seriously i don't know if i am having a shadow or just a simple hormonal headache... i will try tylenol and wait and see . No cluster pain for now.

This to shall pass

IP Logged

maz
CH.com Hall of Famer

I Love CH.com!

Hampshire, England
Reply #4 - Oct 3rd, 2015 at 5:51pm

For me at least, shadows are unmistakable. The feeling is exactly the same as having a CH, but much milder. Sometimes you can have the other symptoms, such as a stuffy nose or runny eye without any pain, or with only slight pain. I can always tell the difference between shadows and "ordinary" headaches (my favourite kind).

IP Logged

Rumeke
CH.com Veteran

Westfield, NC
Reply #5 - Oct 3rd, 2015 at 10:20pm

My clusters didn't start until after menopause so I can't help you there. My eldest daughter has epilepsy and her seizures were triggered by her period and migraines are known to be triggered by one's cycle. There doesn't seem to be any evidence that clusters are triggered by menstruation but then there are so few of us gals that suffer compared to guys...who knows? If nothing else you can probably tell which it is by a check of the calendar.

IP Logged

shadia
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Farnham Quebec
Reply #6 - Oct 4th, 2015 at 6:38am

Thank you for your replies , well i took Tylenol and it went away ,pheww for me shadows are on the top of my head ,like i am being scalped it felt a bit the same, so know i know to try Tylenol is it goes away it was just a headache if it wants to linger and get worse will go the 02 route. I am a new CH sufferer so still learning.

This to shall pass

IP Logged

Rumeke
CH.com Veteran

Westfield, NC
Reply #7 - Oct 4th, 2015 at 7:34pm

Doing the happy dance for no CH! My shadows are top and back of my head on the right..always the same spot. I understand your panic thinking it might be a CH..I take an advil and figure since it takes 30 min or so to work, odds are if it goes away it wasn't a shadow or start of a cycle.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!