Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Are they coming back??? (Read 2593 times)
Kvsbailey
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Are they coming back???
Jan 4th, 2016 at 9:45pm

I am new to this site (and hopefully am posting correctly!). I suffered from episodic CH's for 20 years. They would come like clockwork every March /April but every two years.  They would last for months until my neurologist finally got the right medications and dosage.   After trying almost all, Topimax was the one that worked and every two years I would be on it for at least 4-5 months until the episode would stop. The last episodes I successfully was able to avoid the full headaches by starting the medication at the slightest feeling of headache onset.
I have been in remission now for almost 8 years.  I don't know why, nothing changed but I thought that finally maybe this was over.
For the past two weeks however, I have had a very very dull reminder "shadow headache". Back of my neck is tight, dull ache in my eye, and side of nose but nothing beyond that. I am starting to get really scared that maybe my luck has run out. Or maybe I am bringing it on myself with worry. It is only in the evening.
My question is if anyone truly ever goes into full remission or should I start taking preventative medicine so it doesn't start.

IP Logged

MDR
CH.com Old Timer

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Elysburg Pa.
Re: Are they coming back???
Reply #1 - Jan 4th, 2016 at 9:55pm

I wouldn"t procrastinate.

Mark.

IP Logged

Peter510
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give out... But
don't give in.

Wexford. Ireland
Reply #2 - Jan 4th, 2016 at 10:14pm

Hi there,

Welcome. I would go with Mark's advice and start on the preventatives straight away.

I don't know if anyone truly goes into permanent remission, but I've never heard of it.

Peter.

You don't stop laughing because you grow old....You grow old because you stop laughing.

IP Logged

LasVegas
CH.com Sponsor

Episodic CH since 11 yrs
old, now 50.

north of the 60th parallel
Reply #3 - Jan 5th, 2016 at 12:12am

My suggestion is to load up on the D3 right away and get your meds lined up. Always good to have a healthy vitamin regimen going regardless and better to stockpile and not need it, than to not have anything and go into a frenzy because you weren't prepared.

Keep positive...it probably will not happen and it's just a false alarm, so go on with your life as productive as normal and have a stockpile of meds just in case.

-Gregg in Las Vegas

Wishing everybody at CH.com less pain w/ more productivity in their lives in 2019

IP Logged

Hoppy
CH.com Alumnus

LAUGHTER IS THE BEST MEDICINE

Perth WA
Reply #4 - Jan 5th, 2016 at 2:10am

Get on the vitamin D regime before the  Smiley checks in.

Hoppy

IP Logged

Kvsbailey
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #5 - Jan 5th, 2016 at 7:36pm

Thanks everyone for your advice! And for this site....

IP Logged

mrsbenson03
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #6 - Jan 6th, 2016 at 10:39pm

Please update us on whether you ended up starting your cycle or not.  Hoping for complete remission for you!

IP Logged

drmatt
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

San Diego
Reply #7 - Apr 16th, 2016 at 11:42pm

Kvsbailey wrote on Jan 4th, 2016 at 9:45pm:
I am new to this site (and hopefully am posting correctly!). I suffered from episodic CH's for 20 years. They would come like clockwork every March /April but every two years.  They would last for months until my neurologist finally got the right medications and dosage.   After trying almost all, Topimax was the one that worked and every two years I would be on it for at least 4-5 months until the episode would stop. The last episodes I successfully was able to avoid the full headaches by starting the medication at the slightest feeling of headache onset.
I have been in remission now for almost 8 years.  I don't know why, nothing changed but I thought that finally maybe this was over.
For the past two weeks however, I have had a very very dull reminder "shadow headache". Back of my neck is tight, dull ache in my eye, and side of nose but nothing beyond that. I am starting to get really scared that maybe my luck has run out. Or maybe I am bringing it on myself with worry. It is only in the evening.
My question is if anyone truly ever goes into full remission or should I start taking preventative medicine so it doesn't start.

I have gone into remission for over 5 years.  I don't know if this will last.  So far, so good. However, unlike you, I never found any benefit with medications, O2, etc.

To find out how I got rid of cluster headaches check out my video: Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

Hoppy
CH.com Alumnus

LAUGHTER IS THE BEST MEDICINE

Perth WA
Reply #8 - Apr 17th, 2016 at 1:08am

CH's are known to go into remission for years in some folk, and then out of the blue the  Smiley rears it's ugly head. One of his favourite times to pay you a visit is after a 7yr remission. So, never let your guard down.

Hoppy
« Last Edit: Apr 17th, 2016 at 6:13pm by Hoppy »  

IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Reply #9 - Apr 17th, 2016 at 10:07am

DrMatt,

Welcome to CH.com.  Spontaneous remission from CH is always a topic of interest around here.  Given human physiology is relatively straight forward and predictable, there's likely a reason for the spontaneous CH remission.  The trick is finding it.

How long have you lived in San Diego area?  Do you have an estimate in hours of your whole body solar radiation a week?  As far as outdoor activities go, do you play tennis, go to the beach, go surfing or fishing frequently?

Finally, when was the last time you had your serum 25(OH)D tested.  If it was within the last five years, what was the serum concentration?

Thanks and take care,

V/R, Batch

You love lots of things if you live around them. But there isn't any woman and there isn't any horse, that’s as lovely as a great airplane. If it's a beautiful fighter, your heart will be ever there
pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!