Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
allergy (Read 7816 times)
eye eye
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

allergy
Jan 31st, 2016 at 6:16am

hi everyone can i suggest that all members have a allergy test done.it can be very useful.ive had clussters for 28years every year without fail.they allways started in march and lasted for 2 to 3 months.when i had my allergy test done birch pollen gave a big reaction 3to4 mm in size is a allergic reaction the birch pollen was 10mm and the other was mould aspri niger came in at 6mm.hence the connection to mass amounts of birch pollen starting in march and my headaches.i must add for the last 8years the headaches have not been in the birch season but rather in the mould season sept to end of feb.so give it a go have the test and see what comes up.there is somesort of pollen or spore present in the air for the whole 12 months in the uk.please post the results

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Re: allergy
Reply #1 - Jan 31st, 2016 at 9:09pm

I've always associated CH with sneezles and won't be talked out of it. Dunno which causes which, perhaps they share a common cause, but there's an unquestionable link for this boy.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

BobG
CH.com Hall of Famer

St. George, UT
Reply #2 - Jan 31st, 2016 at 10:15pm

I agree with Brian. In my early 30 years of CH they would always be end of January to end of March. And August thru October. Both good seasons for molds, mildews, pollen. I don't know the mechanisms, why's or wherefores but there is a connection.

Modify to explain what I wrote above.....
I didn't mean molds and such were a cause of CH, just there is a connection as a trigger.
« Last Edit: Feb 1st, 2016 at 9:37pm by BobG »  

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.

IP Logged

Hoppy
CH.com Alumnus

LAUGHTER IS THE BEST MEDICINE

Perth WA
Reply #3 - Feb 1st, 2016 at 5:44am

Pollen and mould are known triggers for some folk, but not the cause of CH's.

Hoppy

IP Logged

eye eye
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #4 - Feb 1st, 2016 at 7:00am

we wont know how the beast produces pain unless more research is done.i feel a allergic reaction causes this pain.when one has a serious nut allergy which could kill and they mistakenly eat nuts they are given adrenalin injection to counter it .i would like adrenalin to be used on ch suffers when they are in pain of the highest kip scale.does anyone see microspocic tubela see through worms in they vision when in a bout of ch

IP Logged

Potter
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Feb 1st, 2016 at 10:34am

It's a wonky hypothalamus not allergy's.

Potter

IP Logged

Hoppy
CH.com Alumnus

LAUGHTER IS THE BEST MEDICINE

Perth WA
Reply #6 - Feb 1st, 2016 at 5:57pm

eye eye wrote, does anyone see microspocic tubela see through worms in they vision when in a bout of ch

Maybe those that have taken to much Psilocybin at one time or another  Smiley

Hoppy
« Last Edit: Feb 1st, 2016 at 8:50pm by Hoppy »  

IP Logged

jon019
CH.com Alumnus

"Ya gotta believe!"

USA
Reply #7 - Feb 1st, 2016 at 7:25pm

I got 'em...and ch....there aint no connection. Called "floaters"

Per wikipedia:

Floater

Floaters are deposits of various size, shape, consistency, refractive index, and motility within the eye's vitreous humour, which is normally transparent. At a young age, the vitreous is transparent, but as one ages, imperfections gradually develop. The common type of floater, which is present in most persons' eyes, is due to degenerative changes of the vitreous humour. The perception of floaters is known as myodesopsia, or less commonly as myodaeopsia, myiodeopsia, myiodesopsia. They are also called Muscae volitantes, or mouches volantes. Floaters are visible because of the shadows they cast on the retina or refraction of the light that passes through them, and can appear alone or together with several others in one's visual field. They may appear as spots, threads, or fragments of cobwebs, which float slowly before the observer's eyes. As these objects exist within the eye itself, they are not optical illusions but are entoptic phenomena.
« Last Edit: Feb 1st, 2016 at 7:27pm by jon019 »  

The LARGE print giveth....and the small print taketh away.    Tom Waits

IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Reply #8 - Feb 1st, 2016 at 9:48pm

If anyone is interested, I'll be happy to provide my take on over 20 years experience combined with serious studies of all three medical conditions...

Take care,

V/R, Batch

You love lots of things if you live around them. But there isn't any woman and there isn't any horse, that’s as lovely as a great airplane. If it's a beautiful fighter, your heart will be ever there
pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

thierry
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

Galway, Ireland
Reply #9 - Feb 2nd, 2016 at 12:01am

Yes please Batch,
I've had these "floaters" for as far back as I can remember.
Including when i was a kid,
That would be before i ever took any substance such as psylocibin or the likes   Cheesy
« Last Edit: Feb 2nd, 2016 at 12:02am by thierry »  

IP Logged

eye eye
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #10 - Feb 2nd, 2016 at 6:12am

Batch wrote on Feb 1st, 2016 at 9:48pm:
If anyone is interested, I'll be happy to provide my take on over 20 years experience combined with serious studies of all three medical conditions...

Take care,

V/R, Batch

hi batch please do it will be very interesting to read.thanks

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Reply #11 - Feb 2nd, 2016 at 6:41am

There's no known cause of CH, though a wonky hypothalamus is a suspect, but we all know too well that an individual hit or even a cycle can be triggered by environmental stuff beyond our control.

Pollens, perfume, petrol, pesticides, pepper, pot...

I'm not the only one who knows sneezles are involved so there's every good reason to consider allergies as part of the equation.

No one is suggesting it's a cause or cure, simply an an aspect to be considered.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

eye eye
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #12 - Feb 2nd, 2016 at 6:59am

AussieBrian wrote on Feb 2nd, 2016 at 6:41am:
There's no known cause of CH, though a wonky hypothalamus is a suspect, but we all know too well that an individual hit or even a cycle can be triggered by environmental stuff beyond our control.

Pollens, perfume, petrol, pesticides, pepper, pot...

I'm not the only one who knows sneezles are involved so there's every good reason to consider allergies as part of the equation.

No one is suggesting it's a cause or cure, simply an an aspect to be considered.

yes i agree .we have to try and look at everything.thats why i wanted to know how many members have serious allergys .also the worm like objects look like a form of yeast infection in the eye called candida .can cause headaches and sinus pain.just a thought

IP Logged

Mark Olson
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

San Jose, CA
Reply #13 - Feb 2nd, 2016 at 12:25pm

I have plenty of allergies, and I have floaters.  I have no correlation between floaters and CH, but I suspect there may be some correlation between my allergies and CH.  I suspect Batch will say the allergies can lower your D3 levels making you more susceptible to CH.

IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Reply #14 - Feb 2nd, 2016 at 6:53pm

OK...  Just remember... you asked for it.

Cluster Headache - A trigeminal autonomic cephalalgia (TAC) with no known cause and no known cure.  Just a lot of treatments to reduce the symptoms... 

Starting with the CH cause, the leading neurologists treating CHers swing between a CH pathogenesis with neurogneic origins in the hypothalamus and a pathogenesis with vascular origins in the hypothalamus and trigeminal ganglia.

Possibly the smartest neurologist in the world on all things cluster headache, Prof. Arne May, MD, came out in 2005 with a straddle saying CH has a neurovascular pathogenesis.

I had the opportunity in 2009 to meet with Arne at his UKE facilities, University of Hamburg, Germany for two days of one-on-one meetings with him and additional meetings with him and his staff. 

Prof. May used his functional and structural neuroimaging (mostly MRI) and results from several RCTs he's conducted to illustrate his findings and conclusion that CH is neurovascular in origin. 

He opines "neuroimaging has broadened our pathophysiological view and has led to successful treatment by deep brain stimulation of the hypothalamus."

That was then... Fast forward to December of 2010 and the advent of the anti-inflammatory regimen with 10,000 IU/day vitamin D3 here at CH.com.  Fast forward again to the present. 

To date, I estimate at least 600 CHers, most of whom are members of this site have started this regimen.  Better than 80% of them have reported a significant reduction in the frequency, severity and duration of their CH in the first month of treatment. 60% them have reported a lasting CH pain free response.

Data from the online survey of 156 CHers taking this regimen tell the same story in the graphic below.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

In researching how and why this happens (or doesn't happen) I've been on an epic journey through the pharmacokinetics and phamacodynamics of vitamin D3 for the last five years and the journey isn't over.  This search for answers has taken me to the genetic layer...  Yes, there is a genetic component of CH, but it's not just from one generation to the next. 

We're talking a vitamin D3 genetic history and evolution that dates back a long, long way.  The evolution of vitamin D3 dates back over 500 million years to Cambrian period phytoplankton and zooplankton.  There was a further major evolution of vitamin D3 with the first vertebrates 420 million years ago where the P450 gene for CYP2R1 was responsible for the enzyme 25-Hydroxylase that hydroxylates vitamin D3 either from exposure to sunlight or from their diet to 25(OH)D, in order to develop and maintain a healthy mineralized skeleton. 

Yet another major evolution of vitamin D3 occurred with the first mammals 225 million years ago, where its genetically active form began controlling other hormonal (endocrine) and genetic expression processes through vitamin D3 paracrine and autocrine functions.

The first australopithecine hominins appeared some time after 3 million years ago and the first anatomically modern man, Homo sapiens, appeared roughly 200,000 years ago.  In short, there's been a whole lot of vitamin D3 evolution going on...

So what is genetic expression? In the case of CH, that's where vitamin D3 and 25(OH)D enter target cells within the hypothalamus and trigeminal ganglia where they are hydroxylated (adding another [OH] hydroxyl group) by enzymes to 1,25(OH)2D3, calcitriol, the genetically active metabolite of vitamin D3.

During genetic expression, calcitriol attaches to a vitamin D receptor (VDR) on target genes. This unlocks the cell's genetic library of instructions and the cell starts actively executing them.

These genetic expression activities include proliferation (cells reproducing themselves), differentiation (cells changing their functions), up-regulating and down-regulating the production of proteins, peptides and other genetic products and apoptosis (programmed cell death).

For example, calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP) is produced by neurons in the hypothalamus and trigeminal ganglia. Several studies have found the serum concentration of CGRP elevated during the pain phase of CH and migraine headaches and very low to nonexistent during the pain free periods.  CGRP triggers rapid inflammation and pain.  At least two studies have found vitamin D3 down-regulates the production of CGRP.

Are you starting to connect the dots?

To put this in a larger perspective, a 2010 research study identified 2776 genomic positions occupied by the VDR and 229 genes with significant changes in expression in response to vitamin D3.  That means it is very likely that suppression of CGRP by vitamin D3 isn't the only possible mechanism of action by which vitamin D3 prevents CH.

In 1956 Dr. Roger J. Williams, PhD., the biochemist who discovered the B-vitamin pantothenic acid, coined the term "genetotrophic disease" to describe diseases which resulted from genetically determined nutritional metabolic needs not being met by the individual and which result in poor gene expression.

So where does that take this discussion on the cause of CH? 

Given that better than 82% of CHers respond to the anti-inflammatory regimen with 10,000 IU/day vitamin D3 leads us to a possible conclusion that CH is likely a genetotrophic disease, caused in part by a vitamin D3 deficiency.  We've proven this hypothesis several hundred times over the last five years.  A few of us have also proven this hypothesis by stopping the intake of vitamin D3 and have our CH return.

I can hear the wheels turning... What about the 18% who don't respond to this regimen? 

So far based on information collected from CHers here at this site and data from the online survey of CHers taking this regimen, the answer is a combination of comorbid medical conditions and not enough vitamin D3.

The comorbid conditions include bacterial and viral infections, surgery and trauma, diseases that result in an abnormally low systemic pH, i.e., diabetic ketoacidosis, and allergic reactions.  All of these medical conditions result in an immune system response and inflammation, both of which place a competing demand on available serum concentrations of vitamin D3 and its metabolites.

For example, there are at least two studies that have shown a drop in 25(OH)D serum concentrations of up to 40% following knee surgery.  We've also had a pain free CHer on a steady state maintenance dose of 10,000 IU/day vitamin D3 report falling out of remission within thee days following a fractured ankle.

In short, solve the comorbid medical conditions and half that 18 percent that didn't respond initially start responding.

I'm not ready to go into taking a higher maintenance dose of vitamin D3 than 10,000 IU/day just yet as that is going to require a change in the anti-inflammatory treatment protocol and direct supervision by a physician with mandatory lab tests. 

I'll get the proposed change out when it's been blessed by the physicians who use it on a regular basis.  That's going to take a few weeks to a month as I just sent my latest anti-inflammatory treatment protocol out for comment a few days ago.

So, is the anti-inflammatory regimen a CH cure?  That depends on your definition of cure.  For now, the short answer is no.  What we do have is a way of life and a good quality of life with other health benefits as long as we take this regimen.

And this brings us to allergic reactions and their relationship to CH. When neurons within the hypothalamus and trigeminal ganglia are insulted by histamine from an allergic reaction, they trigger the release of CGRP and Substance P. Although both are implicated in the cluster headache pathogenesis, CGRP has been found to trigger rapid neurogenic inflammation and severe pain.

The term ‘neurogenic inflammation’ has been adopted to describe the local release of inflammatory mediators, such as substance P and CGRP, from neurons. Once released, these neuropeptides induce the release of histamine from adjacent mast cells. In turn, histamine evokes the release of substance P and CGRP; thus, a bidirectional link between histamine and the neuropeptides in neurogenic inflammation is established.

What all this means is a simple allergic reaction can trigger a bidirectional chain reaction and self-sustaining perfect storm within the brain producing more CGRP and Substance P than can be down-regulated or suppressed by vitamin D3... hence no response or at best, only a limited response to the anti-inflammatory regimen.

In other words a CHer suffering from an allergy whether obvious or sub-clinical, (no outward or obvious symptoms) becomes refractory to the anti-inflammatory regimen's capacity to prevent CH...

This same mechanism likely accounts for some CHers being refractory to most other CH prophylaxis and likely makes oxygen therapy less effective with longer abort times.

Regarding floaters...  There's no medical evidence that I'm aware of that links cluster headache to the release of floaters.

Floaters can have several other causes like head trauma and eye surgery... The most common cause of floaters comes with age...  The eye is normally spherical in shape and filled with a clear jello like substance called vitreous humor that fills the space between the lens and the retina of the eyeball of humans and other vertebrates.

As we age, the posterior portion of the vitreous humor next to the retina begins to liquefy.  Believe it or not, this is a good thing to have happen.  This process is called posterior vitreous humor detachment.  Once this happens, any disturbance of the retina causes clumps of cells, usually blood cells, to break loose and float around in the liquefied vitreous humor... These are called floaters as they drift across the field of view like a fly buzzing through the room.

There's another process that occurs with age and that is the eyeball starts to change shape going from a near perfect sphere to an elongated grape like structure. This elongation creates tension on the retina if posterior vitreous humor detachment has not occurred.  It's this tension that leads to a spontaneous retinal detachment.

At 71, I've had all of the above happen to me including floaters long before my first CH...  In my case, a Navy ophthalmologist preformed a multi-stepped surgical procedure to correct this problem. 

The first step was go in through the side of my eye with a miniature roto rooter and minature slurp gun to remove the posterior portion of my vitreous humor.  This is called a posterior vitrectomy.  The next step was to insert an even smaller slurp gun behind the detached retina to aspirate the fluid that had collected there.  The next step was to spot weld the retina back in place with a laser spot welder.  The final step was to refill the eye with a saline solution to bring it back to the proper shape.

Needless to say, I still have floaters on occasion, but I've found that a few days at 20,000 IU/day vitamin D3 makes the floaters go away.

In closing this epistle according to Batch, I'll leave you with a few thoughts to ponder.  If you buy into the notion that CH is a genetotrophic disease caused in part by a lack of vitamin D3, then it's entirely possible the rest of the TACs will respond to the anti-inflammatory regimen... 

We've not had the opportunity to test this hypothesis.  That said, we do know this regimen works to prevent migraine headaches with a few modifications. 

This leads me to think that invasive surgical procedures used to relieve the symptoms of CH like deep brain stimulation (DBS), Occiptal Nerve Stimulation (ONS), gamma knife legation of trigeminal nerves are all crude and unnecessary when vitamin D3 actually treats the cause more effectively for a lot less money while providing other health benefits. 

I'm confident that 10 years from now, neurologists will look back at DBS, ONS and gamma knife legation of trigeminal nerves as being closely akin to frontal lobotomies that were preformed up until the mid 1950s. 

For you youngsters, a frontal lobotomy is where a neurosurgeon goes into the brain through a hole in the temple area and severs the nerve fibers linking the left and right frontal lobes of the brain.  There were over 40,000 lobotomies performed in the US.

If you watched the movie, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, the character R.P. McMurphy played by Jack Nicholson, was given a frontal lobotomy and basically turned into a vegetable.

Finally, it turns out there are several neurologists using vitamin D3 treatment protocols very similar to the anti-inflammatory regimen to treat a growing number of autoimmune diseases like multiple sclerosis, irritable bowel syndrome, lupus, and rheumatoid arthritis.

How many of you have had a cold or the flu since you started taking the anti-inflammatory regimen?

Take care,

V/R, Batch
« Last Edit: Feb 3rd, 2016 at 12:28am by Batch »  

You love lots of things if you live around them. But there isn't any woman and there isn't any horse, that’s as lovely as a great airplane. If it's a beautiful fighter, your heart will be ever there
pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Reply #15 - Feb 3rd, 2016 at 12:48am

Onya, Batch. Knew we could rely on you and I'd like to say I understood every word of your very impressive research and writing, but this bit left me wondering...

Batch wrote on Feb 2nd, 2016 at 6:53pm:
...When neurons within the hypothalamus and trigeminal ganglia are insulted by histamine...

Cheers and beers as always,

Brian down under.

IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Reply #16 - Feb 3rd, 2016 at 2:44am

Brian,

Understand.  Most of what I've written in the above post was lifted from a manuscript I prepared for submission to a neurology journal so is focused at physicians... They need to see the right medical terms or they turn up their noses and file my work in the circular filing cabinet.  Unfortunately, the manuscript was rejected anyway... 

I suspect the selection committee was likely staffed with Big Pharma reps or their stooges...  It happens all the time as Big Pharma does not want physicians to know how safe and cost effective vitamin D3 therapy can be in treating a long list of medical conditions.

Accordingly, your question on the use of the term "Insult"... In medicine, insult refers to an event or occurrence that causes damage to a tissue or organ: the movement of the bone causes a severe tissue insult.

Hope this helps...

On the brighter side... My daughter brought me the nicest Christmas present this year.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

A fellow professor she works with just happens to hail from Sydney and makes a trip home once a year... My daughter talked him into bringing back a bottle of Bundy OP on his last trip...  This was a very real treat as the US doesn't allow the import of Bundy for some idiot reason...  and my remaining bottle of Bundy OP that I keep for very special occasions was running low...

The import ban on Bundy is likely due to some idiot liberal progressive crony capitalist in Congress who either owns stock in Bacardi... or one of the lobbyists from K street in DC gave him free airline tickets and hotel accommodations in Tahiti if he would sneak in a legislative rider amendment in some innocuous piece of legislation to ban the import of Bundaberg from Australia...

Things like that unfortunately happen all the time when liberal progressives get to write their own rules.

Take care,

V/R, Batch

pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Reply #17 - Feb 3rd, 2016 at 3:34am

Insulting tissue is one thing and I thank you for the explanation of a medical term I've never come across before.

Insulting organs is one of my hobbies and I'm no longer welcome at Hammond expositions nor any place where piano accordions may appear. It's unfair, I know, but I was only trying to save the world.

The insult that's inexcusable, however, is what they tried to do your Bundy OP!!!

Come the revolution things will be very, very different but I still reckon Eye Eye has the right of it with allergies and CH walking hand-in-hand.

Free beer here,

B.

IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #18 - Feb 3rd, 2016 at 5:03am

Be careful with that Bundy Batch, it can evaporate very quickly, especially in good company.

It also reminds me to pick some up from duty free in Melbourne in a few days time before we head back to NZ.

Getting back on topic, one thing that catches my attention is that when looking at the various pharmaceutical preventives there seems to be a pretty significant variation in how different people with CH respond to them. What works for one person doesn't for another.

There also seems to be a few patterns around how CH starts. For some (not too often), it can start in childhood, for others there seems to be a peak around the 30s-40s, but there are also reports of it starting after a head trauma.

Add into this that the diagnostic criteria for CH are around a set of symptoms which are not attributed to any other cause then there is a possibility that CH does not have a single cause but rather it could be several different underlying problems that manifest in the observed set of symptoms. This could also explain the different reactions to pharmaceuticals.

IP Logged

eye eye
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #19 - Feb 3rd, 2016 at 7:57am

excellent post batch.very very helpful.your bang on with the drug companys unless they can make big bucks they are not interested.iam glad theres people like you and others who have taken the time to do reseach on this matter.i mentioned allergys because after seeing the swelling on my arm after a pin prick allergy test .i could see how if breathed in the allergens may well cause the same swelling in my head.immune system may well play a part or there might be a certain level that has to be accumelated before a ch bout begins.i say this because my last episode was dec 2013 to middle of feb 2014.i must say ive had 2 suiside attemps in the 28yrs of suffering ch's

IP Logged

eye eye
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #20 - Feb 3rd, 2016 at 1:21pm

Hoppy wrote on Feb 1st, 2016 at 5:44am:
Pollen and mould are known triggers for some folk, but not the cause of CH's.

Hoppy

hi iam only interested in finding the triggers.the in's and out's dont interest me.if i can stop the bout begining than the cause doesnt matter one bit

IP Logged

eye eye
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #21 - Feb 3rd, 2016 at 1:30pm

Quote:

Potter

your right the wonky hypo is where the pain comes from.but it does not regulate the tearing and runny or blocked nose on the side of the pain'or does it.i suggest the above two are caused when the body reconises allergens and secrites fluid to discharge them from the body before during and after an attack
« Last Edit: Feb 3rd, 2016 at 1:31pm by eye eye »  

IP Logged

Potter
Ex Member

Reply #22 - Feb 3rd, 2016 at 1:46pm

eye eye wrote on Feb 3rd, 2016 at 1:30pm:
Quote:

Potter

your right the wonky hypo is where the pain comes from.but it does not regulate the tearing and runny or blocked nose on the side of the pain'or does it.i suggest the above two are caused when the body reconises allergens and secrites fluid to discharge them from the body before during and after an attack

You need to study a bit more grasshopper.  The Hypothalamus controls and regulates the things that you don't. As in hungry,thirsty,gotta poop, temp., and it tells the body to increase blood flow which expands the veins which pisses off the trigeminal nerve thus cluster headaches.

Potter 

IP Logged

thierry
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

Galway, Ireland
Reply #23 - Feb 3rd, 2016 at 6:42pm

Hey Batch,
This is the best piece i've ever read about CH, thank you so much for writing it.
You have an art in explaining things in a way that is understandable and yet very detailed and deep.

On another note,
i was away abroad for the month of january in a very sunny place. I took all the regimen with me for the month including some loading doses in case i would need them.
After a week of exposing myself to the sun A LOT and taking my regimen religiously as i do at home, I started to feel shadows. I really couldn't understand why this was happening as i was getting so much more D3 in the form of sunshine on top of the regimen. i even took a 50000iu dose that i let melt in the corner of my mouth.
The shadows went up to kip 2 over 2 days before i made the connection with pollens.
A lot of flowers were out, on trees, bushes, plants and fruits trees and bushes such as pineapples, coconuts, bananas... When riding my motorbike i could smell jasmine very strongly, sometime for as much as a mile of road, only to find out later that i was riding near fileds of it. Drove on roads through cotton fields too, chillies fields, sugar cane fields... Bougainvileas were out en masse too, right in front of the hut where we were staying for a while.
So i remembered the posts here about first generation anti histamine and headed off to the pharmacy to get myself some benadryl.
It came in the form of cough syrup but contained the important ingredient Diphenhydramine.
I bought a bottle and started taking it at night before switching off the lamp or blowing off the candle, making sure i was getting 25mg of Diphenhydramine.
I didn't want to take it in the morning as we were likely to go off on the Royal Enfield during the day and didn't want to feel drowsy.
Sure enough, 2 days later, all pain went and shadows stopped, never came back   Smiley
Again Batch, thanks for your tremendous work. I can never thank you enough, nor can my children.
All the best

I'm trying to post a photo but it says " file too big". Not sure how to reduce it.
« Last Edit: Feb 3rd, 2016 at 8:03pm by thierry »  

IP Logged

thierry
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

Galway, Ireland
Reply #24 - Feb 3rd, 2016 at 6:56pm

pic attached

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!