Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Just started O2. Is this the correct setup? (Read 1854 times)
Dagobah
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Just started O2. Is this the correct setup?
Feb 16th, 2016 at 7:01pm

I've had clusters since I was 12. I'm now 35 and tried O2 for the first time this morning. It helped abort the headache, although it kept coming back. I've read the sidebar on oxygen, but am still unsure if I have the right setup.

This morning I started with ten minutes at the 10 setting. My headache wasn't completely gone and I increased it to 15 for the remaining 5 minutes. 30 minutes later my headache returned and I used it for eight minutes on the 15 setting. This "delayed" my headache for an hour or so until I was at work. Sad

Some questions:
-What can I do to increase the effectiveness?
-My mask covers my face by doesn't have a bag underneath. Is this the correct type? (I'd post a pic, but the forum isn't letting me as this is my first post)
-What size tank should I look into? This one was $40 for the tank and $10 for a fill. It's labeled as "24 CU F.T." Half of it is already gone after just this morning!
« Last Edit: Feb 16th, 2016 at 7:06pm by Dagobah »  

IP Logged

Hoppy
CH.com Alumnus

LAUGHTER IS THE BEST MEDICINE

Perth WA
Re: Just started O2. Is this the correct setup?
Reply #1 - Feb 16th, 2016 at 7:21pm

Dagobah wrote, My mask covers my face by doesn't have a bag underneath. Is this the correct type? (I'd post a pic, but the forum isn't letting me as this is my first post)

You can buy the correct set-up from the CH.com store, the link is to your left on this page.

Cheers Hoppy

IP Logged

Rumeke
CH.com Veteran

Westfield, NC
Reply #2 - Feb 16th, 2016 at 7:48pm

Welcome and do not be discouraged with the O2! If you are going to order the mask on this site you may want to buy a cheap one from your O2 supplier to hold you until it arrives. Just ask for a "non-rebreather" mask..I paid $5 for mine. Then follow the instructions under OXYGEN on it's use. With a non-rebreather you need to always set your regulator on 15 or higher.

Best of luck!
Judy

IP Logged

Dagobah
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #3 - Feb 16th, 2016 at 8:21pm

Hoppy wrote on Feb 16th, 2016 at 7:21pm:
You can buy the correct set-up from the CH.com store, the link is to your left on this page.

Thanks. Also wondering, what makes a mask a non-rebreather? Mine looks fairly similar to a few of the non-rebreather masks, except it doesn't have the bag on the bottom and the holes on either side of the nose are open.

IP Logged

Potter
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Feb 16th, 2016 at 8:53pm

Dagobah wrote on Feb 16th, 2016 at 8:21pm:
Hoppy wrote on Feb 16th, 2016 at 7:21pm:

Thanks. Also wondering, what makes a mask a non-rebreather? Mine looks fairly similar to a few of the non-rebreather masks, except it doesn't have the bag on the bottom and the holes on either side of the nose are open.

The bag insures that you are receiving 100% O2 at all times.

Potter

IP Logged

Skyhawk5
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Ypsilanti, Mi. USA
Reply #5 - Feb 17th, 2016 at 12:24am

Non-rebreather masks have a bag, "rebreather" masks do not. Confusion about the two is common among patients and Health care workers.

Please check out the Oxygeninfo link below. Scroll down to see a picture of a non-rebreather.
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
Don
« Last Edit: Feb 17th, 2016 at 12:25am by Skyhawk5 »  

Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of the Beast , I  have O2 so I fear him not.
Skyhawk5655  
IP Logged

Peter510
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give out... But
don't give in.

Wexford. Ireland
Reply #6 - Feb 17th, 2016 at 4:35am

The mask you can buy here, at the ch.com store at the top left of your screen, is the best I have ever used. Much more efficient for our needs than the standard non-rebreather mask you will get.

Peter.

You don't stop laughing because you grow old....You grow old because you stop laughing.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!