Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Menthol Sniffers (Read 12483 times)
Marc
CH.com Old Timer

TX
Re: Menthol Sniffers
Reply #25 - Mar 12th, 2016 at 8:31pm

lancashire Lad wrote on Mar 12th, 2016 at 1:43pm:
Thank you Potter

For your lack of wit, understanding of science or what causes a HA (nor of what will assist a HA)

Perhaps you have grasped that smells / odours / fragrances can create a headache but you must have been missing in school when they did their curative properties.

A few years ago you might have been press ganged into the book burners, the Luddites or the Flat Earthers. You missed your time!

Someone as vociferous as you who can spot the stupidity in people and know from instinct (not knowledge) that someone is talking bollocks might also have missed the week when your school underlings were learning about irony.

Potter you are a non entity, your abuse delights you but harms no one else other that you. You are not interested in facts you are driven by a very warped ego.

You could take a different tack and start enjoying life for the reasons of helping, supporting or giving. Or you can wallow in your own self satisfied dissatisfaction. Your choice, your life!

Wow - having a bad day?  Posting this does not position you to whine if someone insults your behavior.   

With my perceived potential and propensity to pontificate precipitously, I punctuate with:

Take a deep breath - calm down. It's the internet - not your kitchen.

(For some reason, I have to go pee now!  Grin)

Respectfully,
Marc

« Last Edit: Mar 12th, 2016 at 8:37pm by Marc »  

IP Logged

lancashire Lad
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Reply #26 - Mar 12th, 2016 at 8:38pm

No not my kitchen; your cresh!

IP Logged

lancashire Lad
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Reply #27 - Mar 12th, 2016 at 8:39pm

Come to CH.Com, all abuse welcome!

IP Logged

lancashire Lad
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Reply #28 - Mar 12th, 2016 at 8:40pm

Sorry, correction

All abuse from old timers.

IP Logged

Marc
CH.com Old Timer

TX
Reply #29 - Mar 12th, 2016 at 8:57pm

You present yourself as someone looking for a fight.

I will politely back out of this thread, as I have made my position clear - and do not wish to engage, and certainly not abuse.
« Last Edit: Mar 12th, 2016 at 8:58pm by Marc »  

IP Logged

Hoppy
CH.com Alumnus

LAUGHTER IS THE BEST MEDICINE

Perth WA
Reply #30 - Mar 12th, 2016 at 10:15pm

Marc wrote,
What? You haven't heard that essential oils and aroma therapy will cure your CH's overnight? Get with it man!

Hey, aspirin works for me - so help me spread the word. Otherwise I will call you names and tell you that you are evil because all cures need to be discussed here.

That way, CH sufferers can endure even more agony while they try BS treatments! If you wonder why I seem intense about this: Been there and done that.

This thread started off as a  Smiley migraine treatment and my comment on Lavender Oil was just another remedy that is known to help some folk with their migraines! I never once mentioned CH's.

Hoppy
« Last Edit: Mar 13th, 2016 at 5:16pm by Hoppy »  

IP Logged

jon019
CH.com Alumnus

"Ya gotta believe!"

USA
Reply #31 - Mar 12th, 2016 at 10:23pm

lancashire Lad wrote on Mar 12th, 2016 at 8:40pm:
Sorry, correction

All abuse from old timers.

Ummmmm...I've never been ashamed of being an "old timer"...and I find this statement odd. Ifin ya don't like what I.... or someone says...say so...and say why...opinions are easy and remarkably cheap (I've got some freebies myself)...but insulting an entire group...like I say...odd!

Now then...this may get me in trouble...but whatever. I think folks posting "alternative" cures-treatments-actions-options-et al...on a site with THOUSANDS of patient years of experience...better be willing to defend their position...without being so delicate that a sarcastic-questioning-skeptical-flippant response scares them off like a whipped puppy.

There have indeed been such alternate suggested options that proved to be absolutely invaluable for the ch family...many surviving scathing derision...and that is the KEY phrase..."surviving scathing derision"....happens in the medical community ALL THE TIME. Agreeing with or encouraging an off the wall option WITHOUT serious consideration is IRESPONSIBLE. The  "old timers" know full well what's likely to work...or NOT (we've tried a LOT of 'em)...but opinions change...a oneoff post aint gonna do it. Show us.  What I worry about is the folks who haven't been here for a while and are not experienced enough to be skeptical. The internet is FULL of miracle/instant cures...and folks jump on those. When you are talking ch...that just.aint.right!...and results in a lot of unnecessary suffering by a lot more folks than just the "newbie".

And one more thing...now that I'm pissing myself off....and this has annoyed many... I know not why...but, I think, common courtesy when posting for the first few times on a long running forum....is to read the history of that forum....then disagree or suggest different  if ya want...but see what you are disagreeing with by READING THE HISTORY. Otherwise, you're the rude one.....and I'm tired of hearing that I'm a butthole because YOU are rude and I SAY so. Pat's gone...and dearly missed...her Theorem survives..........

Best

Jon

I'd say "let the bashing begin"...but I got bashed for pointing out that the oneoffer asked to be....
ah well...................................................

« Last Edit: Mar 13th, 2016 at 2:29am by jon019 »  

The LARGE print giveth....and the small print taketh away.    Tom Waits

IP Logged

Bob P
CH.com Hall of Famer

Shut up Bob!

Clio,California
Reply #32 - Mar 13th, 2016 at 6:49am

Quote:
This is a public place where folks come looking for / to help.
That should read ... where MOST folks ....  Some come here to pedal BS and some have gotten pretty good at sniffin' out that BS.
Besides, we like Potter and you are just you.

Mrs. Barlow, I never, and I repeat never, ever pissed in your steam iron.  "SHUT UP HUB!"
IP Logged

lancashire Lad
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Reply #33 - Mar 13th, 2016 at 8:59am

The European Parliament are sponsoring a Cluster Headache Awareness Day 21st March 2016

The “Closed Shop” Brigade on here will not be interested but others might be, it sets out to promote public awareness and compassion of the crippling condition.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

For the little sub group of protectionistic bigots (you know who you are) who know what works for them and anything else is BS. When you finish (not going to happen any time soon) flaming with sarcasm, flippancy, abuse, pejorative indignation; you might want to design a poster advertising the sub group's mission, here's some help in getting started.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Potter
Ex Member

Reply #34 - Mar 13th, 2016 at 11:36am

Maybe you should write a letter to your mother.

Potter

IP Logged

lancashire Lad
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Reply #35 - Mar 13th, 2016 at 11:58am

That's nice! You have brought my mother into this.

But you have a blessing that I don't

if I wanted to write to my mother and sister

that would be two letters.

IP Logged

DJ
YaBB Administrator

Boyz Rule!

Wichita, KS
Reply #36 - Mar 13th, 2016 at 12:30pm

Knock it off. 

Any further bickering about this will result in your profiles being locked.

Got it?

I NEVER could have imagined! (April 11th, 1998 - present).  Adversity does not build character... it reveals it.
WWW 588277454  
IP Logged

CDog
CH.com Veteran

Rockies
Reply #37 - Mar 13th, 2016 at 3:07pm

Didn't there used to be an "ignore" button or is that only for PM's?

IP Logged

CDog
CH.com Veteran

Rockies
Reply #38 - Mar 13th, 2016 at 3:21pm

Quote:
CDog wrote on Mar 11th, 2016 at 7:33pm:
I have used tiger balm, peppermint oil and cinnamon oil for a long time. They all seem to lighten the strength of the HA and sometimes seem to shorten them.

I use them on the nostril opening and on the eyelid...

Wouldn't those items be potentially dangerous around mucous membranes or in the eyes? Like blindingly dangerous.

Luckily, I am smart enough not to put the oil in my eye... Tongue

IP Logged

CDog
CH.com Veteran

Rockies
Reply #39 - Mar 13th, 2016 at 3:24pm

Quote:
CDog wrote on Mar 11th, 2016 at 7:33pm:
I have used tiger balm, peppermint oil and cinnamon oil for a long time. They all seem to lighten the strength of the HA and sometimes seem to shorten them.

I use them on the nostril opening and on the eyelid...

Yep that should fix that pesky headache.

Potter

Contrary to what you know/believe, it does help ME...

IP Logged

CDog
CH.com Veteran

Rockies
Reply #40 - Mar 15th, 2016 at 9:08am

Marc wrote on Mar 12th, 2016 at 8:04pm:
Hoppy wrote on Mar 12th, 2016 at 1:48pm:
Peter510 wrote, A few drops on your pillar works wonders.  ??????????????

For migraines  Smiley

Hoppy

What? You haven't heard that essential oils and aroma therapy will cure your CH's overnight? Get with it man!

Hey, aspirin works for me - so help me spread the word. Otherwise I will call you names and tell you that you are evil because all cures need to be discussed here.

That way, CH sufferers can endure even more agony while they try BS treatments! If you wonder why I seem intense about this: Been there and done that.

Marc

If you are referring to my comment, I never said cured. I said eased and shortened...

IP Logged

shortstraw
CH.com Junior

02 blows - thankfully

Perth Western Australia
Reply #41 - Mar 16th, 2016 at 6:44am

CDog.
I too have used Tiger Balm (white) and peppermint oil for many years to help relieve the symptoms of migraines and CH's. I apply  to my temples and back of the neck.

There are things worse than clusters .... just

IP Logged

CDog
CH.com Veteran

Rockies
Reply #42 - Mar 16th, 2016 at 2:08pm

Thanks for replying. I say whatever works for you, do it!

IP Logged

Bob P
CH.com Hall of Famer

Shut up Bob!

Clio,California
Reply #43 - Mar 17th, 2016 at 7:29am

I'm kinda in the blu cheese in your armpits while taking a vinegar sponge bath crowd.

Mrs. Barlow, I never, and I repeat never, ever pissed in your steam iron.  "SHUT UP HUB!"
IP Logged

BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus

Hugs to ya

Douglasville, TX
Reply #44 - Mar 17th, 2016 at 11:59am

Hey, I've worn banana peels on my head all day - didn't work (go back to the Archives Landshire - it's all documented there), but gave me something to do that day ..

I've been here a heck of a long time and am not one to bash (I say what I think and some consider that bashing, but it's not meant that way).. but some of these guys you're hitting on (Potter) kinda gets my back up...

See, us OLD TIMERS actually KNOW each other and we kinda consider this our family and take a little offense when someone insults our cousins..

Before you start calling us names, you might want to go to the archives and see what some of us have been thru over the last 15-17 years and get to know us before you post much else..

WE are here for support, but watch it buddy... Potter is family...

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stronger!

IP Logged

lancashire Lad
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Reply #45 - Mar 17th, 2016 at 3:56pm

Barbara

You have confirmed what I think is pretty much obvious.

There is a closed group on here (a public site offering help to the general public) that consists of bigoted, self appointed experts.

You claim to be charitable in offering unconditional advice, which in actual fact is nonsense.
Nonsense in the sense that it is not conditional (either your prey take your advice as a given or the poor sufferer can go to hell.

Nonsense in the sense that the “perceived wisdom” is based on personal experience and not science,
so if someone gets relief from what works for you they are OK, if they don't then they are an upstart and need to be made unwelcome.

Nonsense in the sense that a small group of a dozen people or so know better than the rest of the world.

There is a wealth of expertise and experience on here, which is squandered by the arrogance of “group think” (a very small group).

Your intolerance makes this an unpleasant place (not to you) but the phrase “happy as pigs in shit” comes to mind.

Get on with you same old same old, enjoy your smug self satisfaction, this place has nothing to offer me any more so I won't be checking in again.

Good luck and enjoy your deluded status.
« Last Edit: Mar 17th, 2016 at 3:58pm by lancashire Lad »  

IP Logged

maz
CH.com Hall of Famer

I Love CH.com!

Hampshire, England
Reply #46 - Mar 17th, 2016 at 6:04pm

Lancashire lad,
When i first came here 2 or 3 years ago, it was plain to see that these guys "knew each other" and were friends / a group.  But I never once felt excluded because I was a newby - in fact I have never felt so welcomed. It's hard to infiltrate ready made groups as I have found out on other forums, but here I was instantly accepted.

Science had not yet helped me, and until I came here no one even knew what I was talking about. It was the personal experience of these folks that guided me to the science which would help.Something  6 or 7 doctors had failed to do.
Without the help I found here I would still be floundering in the darkness - or dead. Don't knock the experience of others. Often that's all there is.

IP Logged

jon019
CH.com Alumnus

"Ya gotta believe!"

USA
Reply #47 - Mar 17th, 2016 at 6:42pm

.....alas lad...you've fallen into the same self righteous quagmire that murder-suicide knotheads do...
.....they get  the order wrong!!!!

...that is....posting flaming nonsense BEFORE the finger up sign off....and subjecting thousands of clusterheads and their supporters to blatant nonsense.............bad form lad

I KNOW you're reading this...but ya canna reply brother.........  HuhLips Sealed

...and what you don't know...you REALLY don't know......

Best........STILL

Jon

The LARGE print giveth....and the small print taketh away.    Tom Waits

IP Logged

Marc
CH.com Old Timer

TX
Reply #48 - Mar 17th, 2016 at 8:40pm

lancashire Lad wrote on Mar 17th, 2016 at 3:56pm:
Barbara

You have confirmed what I think is pretty much obvious.

There is a closed group on here (a public site offering help to the general public) that consists of bigoted, self appointed experts.

You claim to be charitable in offering unconditional advice, which in actual fact is nonsense.
Nonsense in the sense that it is not conditional (either your prey take your advice as a given or the poor sufferer can go to hell.

Nonsense in the sense that the “perceived wisdom” is based on personal experience and not science,
so if someone gets relief from what works for you they are OK, if they don't then they are an upstart and need to be made unwelcome.

Nonsense in the sense that a small group of a dozen people or so know better than the rest of the world.

There is a wealth of expertise and experience on here, which is squandered by the arrogance of “group think” (a very small group).

Your intolerance makes this an unpleasant place (not to you) but the phrase “happy as pigs in shit” comes to mind.

Get on with you same old same old, enjoy your smug self satisfaction, this place has nothing to offer me any more so I won't be checking in again.

Good luck and enjoy your deluded status.

I will risk getting banned from here to say this.

This is a sad post. This is a group who can offer more "real" help for CH's than any other place on the net.

Sometimes, ego's get in the way of getting help from us. After so many years, I have come to understand that there are people who simply want it their way - period.

Getting your feelings hurt on the internet should not be a deciding factor in your treatment program. If you let that happen - you are the one suffers - not others.

I do not have access to the files, but I am willing to bet that certain here people have been sending private messages to further fuel this level of misunderstanding and anger.

To quote another person, once again:
Take what you need and leave the rest.

You get to choose. Now how cool is that!?

Marc
« Last Edit: Mar 17th, 2016 at 8:43pm by Marc »  

IP Logged

BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus

Hugs to ya

Douglasville, TX
Reply #49 - Mar 18th, 2016 at 9:04am

Well said Marc...  Kiss

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stronger!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!