Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Cluster headache. A solved case (???) (Read 966 times)
Stefano
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Cluster headache. A solved case (???)
Jun 16th, 2016 at 7:10pm

For those who speak italian.
English Translation above (as well as I can)

mi chiamo stefano codogno e scrivo da padova
My name is Stefano Codogno and I write from Padua, north of Italy

mio padre ha sofferto di cefalea a grappolo fino al 1998
My father had cluster headache till 1998, he was born in 1941

la cadenza era biennale, i dolori duravano circa un mese, pochi attimi una volta al giorno all'inizio, qualche ora un paio di volte al giorno verso la fine
It came every couple of years and lasted for a month more or less. It started for few instants each day. At the end it occurred twice a day, for an hour or some more

ha seguito inutilmente una terapia a base di carbolitium
My father took charbolitium during the last period, it did not solved the problem.

a partire da una certa data il dolore non si è più presentato
Since a certain date the headache disappeared

ho cercato di rintracciare qualche fatto particolare accaduto in quel periodo
I tryed to understand what was the reason of this sudden stop, something happened in that period of time

l'unico che ho identificato è stato il ricovero per una infezione molto grave ai denti, che ha comportato l'estrazione di tutti i molari, premolari e canini
The main happening I found in  the period the headache stopped was a severe surgery at the tooth due to a wide infection. Surgeon took off all molars, premolars and canines (all tooth except the first four, up and down)

la cosa che forse è significativa è che l'estrazione dei denti del giudizio fu particolarmente difficile perchè incastrati e solidali con mascella e mandibola.
The thing that may be significant is that the extraction of the third molars, upper and lower, was very difficult because they were quite horizontal, quite fused with the bone

so che è una malattia terribile
I know this is an awful disease

spero che questo caso di guarigione possa essere utile
I wrote about this fact not to raise an irrational hope but to give, if it is possible, some information to whom may use it.
Now my father is dead. But I remember what he passed. My mother is still alive and if some informations are needed she may give them (such as more precise dates, medical responses and so on). I hope this can help someone

cordiali saluti
Best regards

stefano codogno
« Last Edit: Jun 17th, 2016 at 2:50am by Stefano »  

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Re: Cluster headache. A solved case (???)
Reply #1 - Jun 17th, 2016 at 2:54am

G'day Stefano, welcome to ch.com, and sincere thanks for passing on your story in the hope it might help others who must live with these horrible things.

We can tell you so much about having teeth removed believing them to be the source of the problem, it even got me like that once, so it's great to hear your dear father found something to relieve his hell.

Kindly also pass on my respects to your mother. It must have been very difficult for her.

Cheers and beers

Brian in Oz.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!