Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
NEWS ALERT - POLITICAL (Read 4780 times)
BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus

Hugs to ya

Douglasville, TX
NEWS ALERT - POLITICAL
Aug 10th, 2016 at 9:10am

Bob P.'s presidential campaign is coming along nicely. Last poll showed him having at least 6 supporters (up from 4 in the last poll). Way to go Bob..

I know you were all waiting on that. And Bob you know we're all pulling for you in Nov  Kiss

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stronger!

IP Logged

pattik
CH.com Alumnus

Wisconsin, USA
Re: NEWS ALERT - POLITICAL
Reply #1 - Aug 10th, 2016 at 12:48pm

I just heard about his candidacy. I'm in!! A 50% increase in the polls is nothing to sneeze at. Way to go Bob!! Smiley

IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #2 - Aug 10th, 2016 at 8:42pm

I've not seen any emails from Bob about this. Is this important?

IP Logged

BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus

Hugs to ya

Douglasville, TX
Reply #3 - Aug 11th, 2016 at 9:33am

One of his campaign promises is .. well he refuses to do any campaigning, take any donations, spend any money or well much of anything..

So let's get behind him... He's OUR MAN.. BOB P for PRESIDENT.. We can WIN this one... Smiley

IP Logged

Bob P
CH.com Hall of Famer

Shut up Bob!

Clio,California
Reply #4 - Aug 11th, 2016 at 10:33am

My Platform:
Economy – LAISSEZ-FAIRE!!!!
Capitalism is a self-regulating, self-correcting system.  The Government should be hands off.  A study by the Assistant Dean of Economics at UCLA shows that one of FDR’s policies extended the Great Depression by 7 years.  Obama’s policies have kept the Great Recession going for 7 years now it’s coming time to pay the piper via inflation.  The Gov. should have been hands off and let the system correct itself.  It may have hurt a little more but the patient would have recovered much quicker.
Many complain of the vanishing middle class and the top 1%.  Top 1% - get over it!  The successful get rich.  That’s the way it is.  There is still plenty of $ out there for you if you want a piece of the pie.  Vanishing middle class – well duh!  You get rid of middle class jobs and the middle class shrinks.  Many years back a Presidential Candidate said – if you pass NAFTA, you are going to hear a big sucking sound.  That’s the sound of American jobs going across the border.  Well we elected Clinton and after he made a few adjustments NAFTA was passed.  Let the sucking begin (double entendre’ intended).
In most cases we would be better off if the Government stayed out of it and that is the approach I will take as your President.  Besides, I can’t find it in my job description in the Constitution!
My National Defense platform:
As Commander in Chief, I would first lobby Congress for funding to insure we have the mightiest military in the World.  This is in the Constitutional job description.
Secondly, war sucks!  America should never go to war unless our vital national interests are threatened.  However, should Congress declare war (their call not the President’s), as CiC I would finish it quickly.  “Limited warfare” is not in my vocabulary.  I would “Schwarzkopf” the enemy.  I would instruct the Joint Chiefs to use the resources necessary to insure any war is over in less than 30 days.
I have no exit strategy for war because I’m not leaving.  Whichever territory we take during the battle, I’m Keeping!  If we were to take ISIS (Clinton – it depends on what your definition of ISIS) and Assad out of Syria, I’m keeping Syria.  Want some cheap oil, or maybe I give it to Israel, or even better I give it to the Palestinians and Israel gets Gaza and the West Bank.  Whichever, countries and groups will learn there is a price to pay for risking/taking young American’s lives.
Intelligence is important so I would create the Department of Intelligence, Security and Investigation (ISI, pronounced I See) and shut down the CIA, FBI, NSA, etc.  No more problems sharing info among departments as there would be only one department.
I guess I’ll throw immigration in here also.  My stance on immigration – not my job!  Congress makes immigration law and I would be sworn to uphold it.
That’s it.  This job of being President is really pretty simple if you don’t try to suck up all the power you can.
Appointments:
Let’s see.  Covered foreign policy/national defense and Commander in Chief.  That just leaves appointments in the Presidential duties. (Jeez, there’s not much to this job).
First, even though the Constitution allows for recess appointments, I won’t do them.  All of my appointments will be approved by Congress.  My only criteria for nominations is that the person has a record of defending and adhering to the Constitution and our laws.  No bending, breaking or ignoring them.
So that covers where I stand and what I will bring to the Presidency.  I will make one more platform post covering some of the general “will’s and wont’s” that I will bring to the job.  After that I will open the floor to questions.
As your President I:
Will issue only one Executive Order rescinding all previous Executive Orders
Will use the Presidential cigars only for smoking
Won’t blame either political party for anything, they all represent you the people
Will push for the States to determine and pay their representative’s salary & benefits
Won’t have a televised State of the Union Address.  I will send a written report to Congress.
Will have a bar-b-que and campfire on the White House lawn each Friday night, weather permitting.  The first 100 people in line get into the bar-b-que free.  Nothing like a burger and a beer to encourage the people to tell you what they think.
Won’t do appearances on “The View”.
Will abide by the Constitution.
Won’t issue vetoes, if the Peoples Representatives want to pass a law, so be it.
As you can see, my main goal is to reduce the power of the Presidency back to what it was intended to be.

I've also determined to cut the Federal Government by 30% and use the $ to eliminate the deficit and pay down the debt.

Clusterheads are welcome at the White House any time.

Mrs. Barlow, I never, and I repeat never, ever pissed in your steam iron.  "SHUT UP HUB!"
IP Logged

BobG
CH.com Hall of Famer

St. George, UT
Reply #5 - Aug 12th, 2016 at 8:36am

Boob for Prez.
Will there be donuts at the bbq's?

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.

IP Logged

jon019
CH.com Alumnus

"Ya gotta believe!"

USA
Reply #6 - Aug 12th, 2016 at 9:45pm

BobG wrote on Aug 12th, 2016 at 8:36am:
Boob for Prez.
Will there be donuts at the bbq's?

Bob, you may have all of my fat biscuits......I'm looking for an Executive Order on
"ale vs lager".....votes are on the line.....................

The LARGE print giveth....and the small print taketh away.    Tom Waits

IP Logged

Bob P
CH.com Hall of Famer

Shut up Bob!

Clio,California
Reply #7 - Aug 13th, 2016 at 7:53am

Since my Dad was general Manager of the Schlitz Brewery in Los Angeles, we're going with lager!

Mrs. Barlow, I never, and I repeat never, ever pissed in your steam iron.  "SHUT UP HUB!"
IP Logged

BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus

Hugs to ya

Douglasville, TX
Reply #8 - Aug 13th, 2016 at 11:25am

Good choice.. I remember the plant in Longview back I the day.. great hospitality room..

IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #9 - Aug 13th, 2016 at 4:44pm

Bob P wrote on Aug 13th, 2016 at 7:53am:
Since my Dad was general Manager of the Schlitz Brewery in Los Angeles, we're going with lager!

You'd have lost my vote with that policy, although not being in the US I don't have a vote so it doesn't matter too much.

IP Logged

jon019
CH.com Alumnus

"Ya gotta believe!"

USA
Reply #10 - Aug 13th, 2016 at 6:24pm

Mike NZ wrote on Aug 13th, 2016 at 4:44pm:
Bob P wrote on Aug 13th, 2016 at 7:53am:

You'd have lost my vote with that policy, although not being in the US I don't have a vote so it doesn't matter too much.

Yup...me too...tho I do like Schlitz...and my Dad was fond of animal beer (Schmidts)...kinda harsh...like the Lucky Lager battery acid we grew up on here...green AND skunky at the same time...burned going down and coming back up again

...re voting....there was a time you coulda registered in Illinois..."vote early and vote often...and you don't even have to be alive"

The LARGE print giveth....and the small print taketh away.    Tom Waits

IP Logged

Callico
CH.com Hall of Famer

Author of "Stranded at
Romson's Lodge

Aurora IL
Reply #11 - Aug 14th, 2016 at 12:06am

Jon,

You said, "...re voting....there was a time you coulda registered in Illinois..."vote early and vote often...and you don't even have to be alive"

It hasn't changed, my friend. It hasn't changed.

Bob, I wish you were running! I can stand behind that platform 100%.

Jerry

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end." Texas A&M Student (unknown)
Jerry Callison  
IP Logged

Bob P
CH.com Hall of Famer

Shut up Bob!

Clio,California
Reply #12 - Aug 14th, 2016 at 8:20am

Quote:
Good choice.. I remember the plant in Longview back I the day.. great hospitality room.
Barb, I don't know if they all called the same thing but the hospitality room in LA was called "The Brown Bottle".

IP Logged

BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus

Hugs to ya

Douglasville, TX
Reply #13 - Aug 22nd, 2016 at 10:56am

Yep, same name. Some great times out there. I always wondered why the beer tasted better there than out of the cans or bottles. But it did.

Kiss

IP Logged

BobG
CH.com Hall of Famer

St. George, UT
Reply #14 - Aug 22nd, 2016 at 1:55pm

Hey Bob, after you become Mr. President can you do me a favor. Actually, the world a favor?
Please put out a presidential order to stop camouflage. Seems like everything these day has to be camouflaged. Why? We are not a country of red neck hill billys
And, put a stop on the Kardashians. Enough is enough with that whinning bunch.
That's it.
No, wait...one more thing. You know that loud mouth that yells the Arby's commercials.....please shut him up.
Thanks.

IP Logged

BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus

Hugs to ya

Douglasville, TX
Reply #15 - Aug 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm

Hey, Bob (G.) I think you need to talk to Potter on that one. I heard thru the grapevine that he's going to be Bob P's chief of staff.  Kiss

IP Logged

Charlie
CH.com Alumnus

Happy to be here

Jamestown, NY
Reply #16 - Aug 23rd, 2016 at 7:33pm

You can always do what some comedian said about camouflage. Crash into them or get in their way in the mall. Hey good job!

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
135447360 mondocharlie mondocharlie  
IP Logged

Bob P
CH.com Hall of Famer

Shut up Bob!

Clio,California
Reply #17 - Aug 24th, 2016 at 7:15am

Christmas list for BobG - camouflage cargo shorts.

IP Logged

BobG
CH.com Hall of Famer

St. George, UT
Reply #18 - Aug 25th, 2016 at 8:11am

Oh yeah? You're getting camouflage panties...in pink!

IP Logged

Bob P
CH.com Hall of Famer

Shut up Bob!

Clio,California
Reply #19 - Aug 25th, 2016 at 5:04pm

Do those come with a fly (not that it really matters.  With my "old man" prostate, the trickle evaporates faster than it comes out).

IP Logged

Charlie
CH.com Alumnus

Happy to be here

Jamestown, NY
Reply #20 - Aug 26th, 2016 at 6:40pm

You'll have to stream it.

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
135447360 mondocharlie mondocharlie  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!