Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Poll Poll
Question: Do you have frequent minor headaches (shadows)?

« Last Modified by: RRChocolate on: Aug 23rd, 2016 at 6:49pm »

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Mild headaches (Read 763 times)
RRChocolate
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Mild headaches
Aug 23rd, 2016 at 5:21pm

I get severe bouts of eye pain, up to a 7 on the Kipp Scale, that can wake me up at night and stop all activity. My eye feels like it is about to explode, but looks totally normal.

But I also have a mild eye pain, 1-3 on the Kipp Scale, that is much more pervasive. I feel this for weeks at a time, for a third of the days in the year. While I can function, it saps my energy. Sometimes it gets worse - to 4 or more rarely, 7 - while other times it stays at these low levels endlessly.

Does anyone else experience this, too?

IP Logged

Ilndguy
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Michigan
Re: Mild headaches
Reply #1 - Aug 24th, 2016 at 11:34am

Good morning

My pain has always been right behind my eye where my temple and eye would intersect. My clusters last for about 8 weeks, starting mild and constant for about 2 weeks thinking my neck is out till I get a bad one and then they last for about a month.  I sleep in a sitting position during that time afraid of lying down. I call my bad ones washcloth headaches because I rub a cold cloth on my temples.  I take 5 to 10 mgs. Of oxycodone instant relief to take the edge off. My pain go to a 20 on the kipp scale. There should be a different scale for CH sufferers because the 1 to 10 thing just doesn't work. My eye lid droops when I get my headaches and after I'm completely drained of energy but can't lay down and sleep. This latest bout and it has extended to 11 weeks, I gained 15 lbs because I needed to eat after my headaches for energy. I'm so sorry for you and everyone that suffers from this terrible thing. Just remember they will go away after awhile unless you're chronic and for those of you who are I don't know how you do it. God bless everyone of us or whoever you believe in

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!