Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Just want to say hello (Read 1074 times)
CHsRtheDeviL
CH.com Junior

Kill The Beast!!!

Downers Grove
Just want to say hello
Feb 14th, 2017 at 2:40pm

Its been awhile quite awhile since I was on here.  So I've been in cycle for about a year now.  Longest it's ever been.  Anyways I'm taking 200mg Verapamil now since I got insurance finally and it covers it completely it's so nice.  Since I've been taking that consistently since end of December it's curbed the attacks 100% which I just couldn't believe.  So I'm quite happy about that.  Anyways I just wanted to say high to everyone and I hope everyone isn't as lonely as I am on this Valentines day Cry

IP Logged

maz
CH.com Hall of Famer

I Love CH.com!

Hampshire, England
Re: Just want to say hello
Reply #1 - Feb 14th, 2017 at 5:38pm

Hi CHsRtheDevil,  welcome back.
Glad you're having some pain free time now you've got some verap.  Hope it lasts for you.

IP Logged

jon019
CH.com Alumnus

"Ya gotta believe!"

USA
Reply #2 - Feb 14th, 2017 at 7:37pm

Hi...what maz said...

interesting re verapamil...200 mg being a very small dosage so wonderful it's working and
you can expect minimal side effects. The 'sweet" spot reported here is 480 mg/dy...some of us go over 1000. Point being... sans contraindications and per your doc...you can up the dosage if 200 stops working...

Another note...verapamil is generic and one of the cheaper drugs...I used to get mine for less than $10/mo. While I avoid Costco pharmacy for poor cust service...they've got a pretty similar price. Maybe Wal Mart and Target type stores too....they have $4 generic deals for many meds. Point here being I wouldn't want folks avoiding... out of hand.... treatment using what is a cheap(er) drug if they don't have insurance. Sumatriptan and Zomig type meds being an ENTIRELY different story for which I paid thousands out of pocket and the insurance companies a whole lot more...

Best

Jon

The LARGE print giveth....and the small print taketh away.    Tom Waits

IP Logged

Callico
CH.com Hall of Famer

Author of "Stranded at
Romson's Lodge

Aurora IL
Reply #3 - Feb 22nd, 2017 at 11:35am

Go to the meds section and look at 123 Days PF and I Think I Know Why. Read the first ten pages to get an understanding, then go get the materials (all of them) and get started. You will probably be able to kick Verap to the side. (I have an idea your cycle came to an end if 200 mg left you PF. Not trying to burst your bubble. Glad you are PF.) The Vit D regimen is effective for over 80% of us, including some chronics, and the only side effect I have from it is better health. If i were an episodic, I'd stay on the Vit D regimen in or out of cycle just for the health benefits. You will likely avoid your next cycle completely.

Jerry

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end." Texas A&M Student (unknown)
Jerry Callison  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!