Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
More tragedy in our family... (Read 1242 times)
BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus

Hugs to ya

Douglasville, TX
More tragedy in our family...
Dec 4th, 2017 at 2:26pm

Last November my DIL was diagnosed with Gillian Barre Syndrome and was paralyzed for a time. she went thru rehab and finally the end of July went back to work part-time (she's an RN).

Well, it didn't last... Around Thanksgiving she got really sick and when Buddy took her in to ER, she'd had a relapse. She had to take the IV treatments again (5 of them) and is now in rehab in a wheel chair (she's a risk on a walker)...

According to the neuro, she'll be disabled for a long time this time. So we're backing up ten yards and punting. The kids don't really know how to handle things (Caleb just turned 16 and ... well he just turned 16  Undecided) and the baby (8) is autistic and can't figure out anything except mama is sick - he won't even talk to her on the phone cause he afraid he'll get sick too. (sad).

And Buddy is working out of town, so Granny is trying to deal with two kids and about to murder Caleb (is murdering a teenager against the law?  Shocked).

And then this morning I read where Svenn died and now I'm really in a depressed mood.

Let's just get this blasted year over and hope 2018 is better for all of us.

Thanks for listening to me rant. I needed a blow up this morning. Luv ya all.  Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stronger!

IP Logged

Edna
CH.com Hall of Famer

Re: More tragedy in our family...
Reply #1 - Dec 5th, 2017 at 1:53pm

Embarrassed

So sorry to hear of such trials on your end! My prayers are there with you; we're tough!  Remember that, even on days that we don't think we can go on any longer.

That's what we'll have to do knowing Svenn is gone. And, that too my friend, is how you will handle and conquer with your DIL.

Hugs to you!

IP Logged

pattik
CH.com Alumnus

Wisconsin, USA
Re: More tragedy in our family...
Reply #2 - Dec 5th, 2017 at 5:01pm

Reading your rant was just what I needed today. So sorry you have such a big challenge to deal with now. The curve balls life can throw at us are mind-boggling sometimes. I can only reiterate Edna's excellent point, that we are tough. Our life experiences prove it. Please remember what you have overcome so far. You will see your way through this. I'm all for putting 2017 in the rear view mirror. Prayers from me to you and your family, and here's to a brighter 2018! Cry

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!