Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
What ya listening to.....redux (Read 15228 times)
Racer1_NC
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

"Well, let's go see."

Lewisville, NC
What ya listening to.....redux
Mar 1st, 2018 at 8:19pm

Thought I might spark some chatter by posting up every day in March.....what I'm listening to...today. Knowing how I am....it could be...and will be anything.

Getting started with this one. Enjoy.
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
« Last Edit: Mar 1st, 2018 at 8:21pm by Racer1_NC »  

“We see what we believe, not the other way around." — Varga
Racer1_NC  
IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Re: What ya listening to.....redux
Reply #1 - Mar 1st, 2018 at 9:22pm

Just picking a couple of choices.
  • The first artist should be well known to many, especially with his guitar player who is well known in her own right - Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
  • The second is from a group that surprisingly has a low profile for the talent that they have. If it wasn't for hearing a fragment of this song at the end of an episode of Continuum I'd have never come across them -
    Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Reply #2 - Mar 1st, 2018 at 10:07pm

I'm listening to the rain,  and it's beautiful beyond words.

Our local dam at Copperload is already full and the big irrigation dam on the Tablelands is approaching 50% for the first time in years.  Even more better is that it's raining further west in the cattle country and could even amount to a drought-breaker.

We needed it,  we're dancing in it,  and the gutter-parties are a thrill to behold.

Of all the great music that's ever been created it's hard to beat the sound of rain on a drought-parched roof.

Cheers and beers,

Brian in paradise.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

Racer1_NC
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

"Well, let's go see."

Lewisville, NC
Reply #3 - Mar 2nd, 2018 at 11:58am

Good picks Mike. Never heard that one with EmmyLou before.

Brian.....needed rain is a sound most will agree beats anything.

Today a remake that beats the original. YMMV.

Racer1_NC  
IP Logged

jon019
CH.com Alumnus

"Ya gotta believe!"

USA
Reply #4 - Mar 2nd, 2018 at 6:31pm

Excellent thought racer...and I enjoyed all the submittals. In Japan they consider and designate people like Emmylou Harris as "National Treasures"...I am mesmerized by her every time....

Late at night...when I cannot sleep...like dang near every night....I play this...it makes me laugh and cry at the same time:

Boz has never been better...and Duane Allman...well.... if Clapton was "God"   then Duane was his Daddy.......

Best

Jon

The LARGE print giveth....and the small print taketh away.    Tom Waits

IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #5 - Mar 3rd, 2018 at 1:50am

Racer1_NC wrote on Mar 2nd, 2018 at 11:58am:
Good picks Mike. Never heard that one with EmmyLou before.

Mark Knopfler, who was the lead singer / song writer for Dire Straits, has been doing solo stuff for about 15 years and he did an album with EmmyLou. It's pretty good as a studio album, but the live recordings are even better.

I liked the 10,000 Maniacs song, a group I've known for around 20 years since being introduced to them by a friend in the US when I went over for my first US visit.

Brian - having seen how dry so much of Australia is, having full dams at this time of the year is incredible. But as long as there is water to make beer, things can't be too bad.

And another good pick from Jon too.

IP Logged

Peter510
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give out... But
don't give in.

Wexford. Ireland
Reply #6 - Mar 3rd, 2018 at 4:51am

This one gets me every time....

You don't stop laughing because you grow old....You grow old because you stop laughing.

IP Logged

maz
CH.com Hall of Famer

I Love CH.com!

Hampshire, England
Reply #7 - Mar 3rd, 2018 at 11:24am

Brian, so glad you're getting and enjoying some much needed rain.
We're under snow drifts here and it's the 3rd day of spring.
People have been trapped in siezed up trains and blocked roads for upward of 12 hours - the country has come to a standstill.

If I were one of those people I would be listening to Bob Dylan.  Len would get out and walk. Grin

IP Logged

AubanBird
CH.com Old Timer

I Love CH.com!

everywhere...
Reply #8 - Mar 3rd, 2018 at 1:46pm

i have been listening to a lot of flute music lately.  like this one:

and this one

some times i like to just listen to stuff like this and just play on the flute. 
speaking of which, i just ordered a Hulusi and a hall crystal flute.  unfortunately, i wont be able to play them until some time half way through summer...  but, im excited about them nonetheless!

IP Logged

Racer1_NC
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

"Well, let's go see."

Lewisville, NC
Reply #9 - Mar 3rd, 2018 at 2:31pm

I'm enjoying everyone's contributions.....keep them coming!

Today.....switching gears a good bit. Visiting the mid 60's. If you are a car guy you'll enjoy the video even if the song isn't you style.

Racer1_NC  
IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #10 - Mar 3rd, 2018 at 11:56pm

I enjoyed the second flute piece and the backdrop of the castle looked very familiar as we drove past it in 2014 when we were on a holiday in the UK, which took in some of the highlands of Scotland. If anything it looks more amazing without the mist and perfect reflection.

The car video was amazing. Can you imagine the singers being allowed to do a similar video now, with health and safety people having a field day, just as they would be with the guys doing the spraying (paint? water?) with no face masks, etc.

I'm enjoying this thread, getting to see different sides to people.

Something a bit different - Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Half the group went to the same school as me, with them starting the year I was finishing. The song is about Highroyds, which was a psychiatric hospital just over the road from the school.

IP Logged

Racer1_NC
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

"Well, let's go see."

Lewisville, NC
Reply #11 - Mar 4th, 2018 at 1:42pm

Mike NZ wrote on Mar 3rd, 2018 at 11:56pm:
The car video was amazing. Can you imagine the singers being allowed to do a similar video now, with health and safety people having a field day, just as they would be with the guys doing the spraying (paint? water?) with no face masks, etc.

Definitely a more laid back time....for better or worse.

Ever felt like this?

Racer1_NC  
IP Logged

Racer1_NC
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

"Well, let's go see."

Lewisville, NC
Reply #12 - Mar 5th, 2018 at 12:20pm

Today let's try the only good thing to come out of a extremely cheesy 80's film....

Two masters of their craft.

Racer1_NC  
IP Logged

jon019
CH.com Alumnus

"Ya gotta believe!"

USA
Reply #13 - Mar 5th, 2018 at 3:33pm

Racer1_NC wrote on Mar 5th, 2018 at 12:20pm:
Today let's try the only good thing to come out of a extremely cheesy 80's film....

Two masters of their craft.

Yeah.....and Wally Cleaver only gave them an 8.....when everybody knows ANYTHING with Stevie Ray is
an 11!   Good one......

IP Logged

Callico
CH.com Hall of Famer

Author of "Stranded at
Romson's Lodge

Aurora IL
Reply #14 - Mar 6th, 2018 at 7:30pm

Haven't heard Pipeline in years! Great to hear it again. It's not my normal genre, but musicality is still key, and when you have quality musicians performing together, it all works.

AubanBird, I'm not really big into flute music, but you shared two pieces that will be going into my writing playlist. Thanks.

Mike, your first piece is blocked for copyright infringement. Sad Anything with EmmyLou is OK by me, though also outside of my normal genre choice. She is, as AubanBird said, a national treasure. Your second piece is new to me, but is going into my playlist, as well. Interesting piece of music.

My tastes run more toward classical, with occasional flurries into old Country & Western. (Think 60's and before) When writing, I have a YouTube playlist going all the time with a wide variety to keep the juices stirring. Recently, I came across a couple of Korean performers when I had a Korean symphony playing and I've delved into quite a bit of their music. I have no idea what some of the titles are, what the words are, but I find it beautiful and contemplative.

Ennio Moricone's "The Mission" by a Korean artist I've grown to appreciate: Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Here's one that falls more into New Age by an artist I really enjoy: Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

jlc

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end." Texas A&M Student (unknown)
Jerry Callison  
IP Logged

jon019
CH.com Alumnus

"Ya gotta believe!"

USA
Reply #15 - Mar 6th, 2018 at 10:33pm

These for Jerry...maybe not quite the right era...but genius knows no year....

Bob Wills...this not his best....but dang close...."Stay All Night" might be that...I love THIS one...

...if ya appreciate what has been...like THESE folks...ya do GOOD stuff

IP Logged

Callico
CH.com Hall of Famer

Author of "Stranded at
Romson's Lodge

Aurora IL
Reply #16 - Mar 7th, 2018 at 12:31am

Jon, Bob Wills is always good.  Cheesy "Bob Wills is Still the King" was used in the movie Second Hand Lions.

Jim Reeves, Charley Pride, Patsy Cline, Johnny Cash, Marty Robbins, the Statler Brothers, and others like that do it form me.  Grin

I'm not going to get much writing done if I start playing them tonight!

jlc

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end." Texas A&M Student (unknown)
Jerry Callison  
IP Logged

Racer1_NC
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

"Well, let's go see."

Lewisville, NC
Reply #17 - Mar 7th, 2018 at 12:14pm

Well I didn't go a week without missing a day.  Embarrassed

Jerry got me thinking ..... Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Stuck in the 70's. Lately with good reason......

Racer1_NC  
IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Reply #18 - Mar 7th, 2018 at 11:18pm

This is Seaman Dan,  a dinkum Aussie from the Torres Straits and barely a thousand years old.

He has a grand history in his own right and is a true role model for youngsters.

For your listening pleasure is his 'Walking Frame Blues'.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

Callico
CH.com Hall of Famer

Author of "Stranded at
Romson's Lodge

Aurora IL
Reply #19 - Mar 8th, 2018 at 2:13am

Bill, I love Sweet Dreams. Smiley Little bit before the 70's, but that's OK. Can't remember the last time I heard the Raspberries. I'm never going to get any writing done if I keep following these trails. Smiley Can't write with someone singing in my ears unless it's operatic and I can't understand.

If you need a little peaceful, thinking music, you can't go wrong with this: Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Here's one of Brenda Lee from '63: Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

jlc

Jerry Callison  
IP Logged

Callico
CH.com Hall of Famer

Author of "Stranded at
Romson's Lodge

Aurora IL
Reply #20 - Mar 8th, 2018 at 2:18am

Brian, your's brought up this recommendation: Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Likely some of us soon! LOL

Jerry Callison  
IP Logged

Racer1_NC
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

"Well, let's go see."

Lewisville, NC
Reply #21 - Mar 8th, 2018 at 11:50am

Racer1_NC  
IP Logged

Racer1_NC
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

"Well, let's go see."

Lewisville, NC
Reply #22 - Mar 9th, 2018 at 7:57pm

Sally......tall and long....

Racer1_NC  
IP Logged

jon019
CH.com Alumnus

"Ya gotta believe!"

USA
Reply #23 - Mar 9th, 2018 at 9:44pm

If ya be alive....ya gotta know Little Richard....a FORCE of nature....

Soes Wilson:

IP Logged

Callico
CH.com Hall of Famer

Author of "Stranded at
Romson's Lodge

Aurora IL
Reply #24 - Mar 9th, 2018 at 10:35pm

Music for contemplation: Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

I used this piece in my novella that will be coming out as soon as the artist completes the cover.
« Last Edit: Mar 9th, 2018 at 10:41pm by Callico »  

Jerry Callison  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!