Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Anyone heard from Boob? (Read 4723 times)
Marc
CH.com Old Timer

TX
Anyone heard from Boob?
Nov 1st, 2018 at 8:26pm

Just asking.......

Still PF here, and slowly getting smarter and moving closer to Barb. Officially on the border of North Texas and East Texas now.

Marc

IP Logged

pattik
CH.com Alumnus

Wisconsin, USA
Re: Anyone heard from Boob?
Reply #1 - Nov 2nd, 2018 at 11:23pm

Hey Marc! Good to hear from you, and glad you’re feeling well. “Boob” hasn’t posted here in months, but I’ve read a couple of Facebook posts by him a couple of months ago with either Jonny or SeanC. It has been pretty quiet around here lately. Ghost checked in a while back, but I was the only one who noticed apparently. Quiet times. I’m doing fairly well with the CH. D3 has changed my life.  Smiley Take care.

Patti

IP Logged

Marc
CH.com Old Timer

TX
Reply #2 - Nov 13th, 2018 at 9:18pm

Patti,

Yep - I found him right where I left off - I simply had to remember his email. He is doing well - but he's really old now  Smiley

Funny how the general tone of this place has changed so dramatically. Some of us were very heavily emotionally invested in this place (and OUCH) going back to the late 90's. We checked the Guestbook daily and sent responses to people looking for help. I was one of those seeking help, so I spent years returning the favor by watching the Guestbook and responding quickly.

I will never forget the tears in the eyes of sufferers who, for the first time - felt the relief provided by oxygen - has I held the mask to their face.

Seems like the folks who worked the hardest to change it to what "they" wanted - got bored and moved on. Some folks are like locusts. They just destroy one field then move on to the next.

But then that's how the world works today. It's all about imposing one's will on others.

Be well........

Marc
« Last Edit: Nov 13th, 2018 at 9:19pm by Marc »  

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Reply #3 - Nov 13th, 2018 at 10:30pm

Relax,  Marc.  There's still plenty of us here who take every opportunity to help a fellow ClusterHead.

We care.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

jon019
CH.com Alumnus

"Ya gotta believe!"

USA
Reply #4 - Nov 13th, 2018 at 10:54pm

You ok Marc?...sound a little dark there Bro'....

...definitely a different vibe now...some folks moved on....some got moved....

...and thanks for the reflection. I never had the pleasure/satisfaction of slapping an O2 facemask on a clusterhead for the first time...but I can still SEE myself in 1985, on the edge of the bed, trying to figure out this oxygen rig-thing, and a couple minutes later crying like my life had just changed...cuz it FRICKIN did!

Best

Jon

The LARGE print giveth....and the small print taketh away.    Tom Waits

IP Logged

Peter510
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give out... But
don't give in.

Wexford. Ireland
Reply #5 - Nov 14th, 2018 at 1:26am

Marc,

I hope the world hasn’t become quite so bleak. My philosophy is, no matter what crap you’re in,  there’s always a minute to spare for someone else.

The old saying goes.....”The optimist thinks this is the best of all possible worlds. The pessimist fears this is true”.

Keep the faith.

Peter.

You don't stop laughing because you grow old....You grow old because you stop laughing.

IP Logged

pattik
CH.com Alumnus

Wisconsin, USA
Reply #6 - Nov 14th, 2018 at 12:11pm

Thanks Marc. You be well too.
For those who are fairly new here, "Boob" put together a photo page of forum members, which use to have its own link from the menu. It added to that "family" feeling. He was also the very first member who responded to my first post here around 19 years ago.

Patti

IP Logged

BobG
CH.com Hall of Famer

St. George, UT
Reply #7 - Nov 14th, 2018 at 1:48pm

Marc, thanks for starting this string. It’s always nice to see names from the “old days” pop up. I don’t sign in much anymore but I do check in often just out of habit that started 19 or so years ago. My clusters stopped, fingers crossed, a couple years ago.
Maybe some more old timers can check in just to let us know they are ok.

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.

IP Logged

Bob P
CH.com Hall of Famer

Shut up Bob!

Clio,California
Reply #8 - Nov 15th, 2018 at 7:06pm

Nice to hear the old farts, BobG, Marc, Drummer, Margie's hubby Mike, etc. are pain free.  12 years since my last cluster (maybe I did do the shrooms correctly).  Marc, send me pics when you and Barb get together for lunch.

Shut up Hub!
« Last Edit: Nov 16th, 2018 at 8:58am by Bob P »  

Mrs. Barlow, I never, and I repeat never, ever pissed in your steam iron.  "SHUT UP HUB!"
IP Logged

Marc
CH.com Old Timer

TX
Reply #9 - Nov 21st, 2018 at 7:53pm

Bob P wrote on Nov 15th, 2018 at 7:06pm:
Nice to hear the old farts, BobG, Marc, Drummer, Margie's hubby Mike, etc. are pain free.  12 years since my last cluster (maybe I did do the shrooms correctly).  Marc, send me pics when you and Barb get together for lunch.

Shut up Hub!

Only after you admit that you have the yacht!

Kiss

IP Logged

dennisoc
CH.com Veteran

Conroe tx
Reply #10 - Dec 21st, 2018 at 7:34am

I think I coined the name "Boob" for him...last century....back in the day when no one went pain free for very long. Best we had was laughin between the tears on Deej's site.
O2...shrooms ...etc knowledge got shared....and folks started wakin up from naps without CH. CH.com and Clusterbusters did the trick. ...and still do.
I still keep my O2 handy...even after 14 yrs without a cycle...and...ever now and then a spike will hit and I'm tempted to search for spores. Nothin develops.
I stopped rowin Jonny.
I muck around in the archives of the old board sometimes just fer a laugh.
I do send folks here...the Shelter from the Storm.

Wage Peace
dennisoc dennis o'connor  
IP Logged

Bob P
CH.com Hall of Famer

Shut up Bob!

Clio,California
Reply #11 - Jan 6th, 2019 at 8:06am

Merry Christmas you old heathen.

Marc - the last time I saw the OUCH yacht was on a video of some guy giggling merrily while he motored it across some big lake in Eastern Texas.  If I ever find that guy I'm gonna have him take me fishing.
« Last Edit: Jan 8th, 2019 at 9:03am by Bob P »  

Mrs. Barlow, I never, and I repeat never, ever pissed in your steam iron.  "SHUT UP HUB!"
IP Logged

John2
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #12 - Jan 12th, 2019 at 9:49pm

I like to think that since this place is the start point of the D3 regimen, that many have benefited, moved on and are enjoying their lives.

IP Logged

dennisoc
CH.com Veteran

Conroe tx
Reply #13 - Jun 6th, 2019 at 4:33am

I find this entire thread ...distasteful

Wage Peace
dennisoc dennis o'connor  
IP Logged

BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus

Hugs to ya

Douglasville, TX
Reply #14 - Jul 8th, 2019 at 12:07pm

Gosh, it's good to see some "OLDIES" on here.. And yes, we've all been thru a lot over the past twenty-one years.

I just shake my head at those on FB. These guys are begging for HELP and the advice they're getting is about where we STARTED, back when.

I keep trying to send them over here, but don't know how many have taken my advice. But they're mostly discussing this med or that one (we used to do that too.. then O2 came along and woowee). And now the D3 regimen.

I'm going on 6 years without a hit. The O2 bottle is in the corner, but has been gathering dust, but I'm paranoid about it.

I miss the 'old gang' (even Dennis).

I had a note from Nancy Collins this morning and she's not doing well. Told her to get on the D3 and sent Batch a note to call her.. I tried to explain it to her, but don't think I got it across. she's in pretty bad shape right now.

Glad to hear ya'll are doing good. And I still love all you guys.

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stronger!

IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #15 - Jul 11th, 2019 at 5:01am

Great to hear from you Barbara - was just wondering how you were getting on.

There are a few of us non-Facebookers here who would love to help anyone with CH. Please send more this way where we can help to make a difference.

I had my O2 bottles getting dustier and dustier for a few years before I returned the cylinders. But I couldn't ever part with my masks and regulators, even though I hope to never need to use them again.

And you'll have just missed seeing the sad news about Maz (Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register).

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!