some notes

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Cluster Headaches Messages ]

Posted by pinksharkmark ( on September 18, 2000 at 03:56:38:

In Reply to: A Special Day... A chronic CHer's first mushroom treatment. posted by Q on September 17, 2000 at 21:37:41:

Psilocybin and psilocin are very heat-sensitive. It is quite likely that a considerable amount of the potency was lost due to your extensive boiling time (15 minutes) and the temperature of the water.

The most efficient extraction method is to finely dice the mushrooms, then toss them in boiling water and IMMEDIATELY remove the pot from heat. Let the mushrooms steep in the water for about ten minutes, strain and consume. Just as you would not extract Earl Grey tea by boiling continuously for fifteen minutes, so should you not extract psilocybin.

The last time I consumed psilocybin cubensis mushrooms (more than twenty years ago), I didn't even bother with the extraction. I just dipped each one (whole) in chocolate syrup and chewed them up. I experienced no intestinal distress whatsoever, and got the benefit of 100 % of the psychoactive components.

As for waiting three months before trying a second dose if the first doesn't do the trick... well... that's your choice, of course. There is no MEDICAL reason for waiting longer than four or five days at most, however I can certainly respect that you may have personal reasons for waiting that length of time.

Informative and detailed post, Q. Thanks for filling us in, and please keep us up to date on your progress.


Follow Ups:

Post a Followup




Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Cluster Headaches Messages ]



Click Here!