Posted by Paco (126.96.36.199) on May 20, 2001 at 12:42:37:
...to use the cluster headaches board as an open forum, I offer the following items for discussion, advice, support and understanding of those among us who are unfortunate enough to suffer both migraines and clusters:
1. Does a visual aura always precede your migraine pain?
2. Are your migraines triggered by the onset of menstruation?
3. At what age did your migraines begin? Was it before or after your first cluster attack?
4. Are your migraine triggers the same as your cluster triggers? If so, do you always get both at the same time?
5. Have your migraine and/or your cluster cycles/attacks lessened in length or severity with time?
6. Are your clusters ever triggered by migraines or vice versa?
7. Do you ever experience nausea with your clusters?
8. Does vigorous exercise abort your migraines?
9. When you have simultaneous attacks, do any abortives work for both types?
10. Do you ever get migraines and clusters simultaneously and ipsilaterally?
11. Are both your eyes the same color? Is at least one of your eyes hazel?
12. When you have simultaneous attacks, do you pace and scream and bang your head, or do you lie quietly in a dark room?
13. Do you take different meds for migraines and clusters at the same time?
14. Is O2 equally effective in aborting your clusters and migraines?
15. Do you think there is a common factor in the cause of migraines and clusters?
16. Do you ever get migraines and clusters confused?
17. What is the pain severity levels of your migraines vs your clusters?
18. Do you think people who suffer only clusters don't understand your pain?
19. When you get migraines and clusters at the same time, do you ever puke in your oxygen mask?
20. Do you think that clusters are just a variant of migraines?
By the time discussion of these items is exhausted, no doubt others will have equally pertinent questions for the board. Then, too, I'm sure those who have tension headaches will have a few questions.
Post a Followup