Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 27th, 2024, 2:08am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « If you don't like political discussions, Dont read »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2003 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   If you don't like political discussions, Dont read
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: If you don't like political discussions, Dont read  (Read 1570 times)
Patrick_A
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

If i could get my hands on that wascally Wabbit

Email

If you don't like political discussions, Dont read
« on: Dec 13th, 2003, 5:27pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

2 weeks ago i was notified by my employer that i would be laid off after 12 years on the job. Seems my company has decided to keep a skeleton crew and has also built another plant in Hungary. Blah blah blah, Same old crap!

Yesterday we were informed that we might possibly be awarded one of the contracts in the rebuilding of Iraq. If that is true, then my company says they will recall all workers.

Now for the political part of this......

How in the hell do countries like France, Germany and Russia get the nerve to say they also should have a chance at being awarded these contracts? I mean, This is american money they are whining about. How much money have they contributed to the cause, I know they haven't sent troops!
From what i understand, They havent sent a dime for the cause, yet they are bitching because they cant bid on the contracts!
If you didnt put anything in, How can you expect to get anything out! Oh man, I am pissed. I am holding back what i really want to say!

Patrick  Angry
IP Logged

Do you think that when they asked George Washington for his ID, that he just whipped out a One Dollar Bill?
Big Dan
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

SMASH BRAIN!

Danboyceccg   DanielNBoyce
Email

Re: If you don't like political discussions, Dont
« Reply #1 on: Dec 13th, 2003, 5:31pm »

I say this with the most respect to whoever may get offended as I can muster..

... fuck the fucking fuckers.

-Big Dan
IP Logged

Not going anywhere for a while?...

... Grab a Snickers, Fatass.
Ree
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

2008's my year to shine~SUN IS OUT!!!YAY

64720087 64720087   Reespirit   Ree16Angel
WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Dec 13th, 2003, 5:33pm »

I'd rather see you jobless than to think of you working in Iraq... thats not a political statement just a family love one.............  
I hear you though.  They should not be involved in the rebuilding........and take away jobs for American companies... I'd like to see them use some of their(other countries) cash though.  just my opinion... be safe Patrick......... no Iraq for you!!!  ree
IP Logged

Proud Mom to US ARMY Kiowa OH58 PILOT~CWO2 SCOTT Hawaii, & USMC Vet~Now POLICE OFFICER SEAN, Citizen of the Month~ Breezy~ Nana 4 Matt/Mike&Aya, MIL To Shino Wife to Dave HI BILL!http://www.myspace.com/dungareespockethttp://www.prohawaiian.com
Patrick_A
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 13th, 2003, 5:36pm »

Sorry, I should have elaborated more. I build Power turbines. They would be used to generate electricity. We build them here and ship them there.

Patrick, who wont be going to Iraq anytime this century!
 Smiley
IP Logged

Do you think that when they asked George Washington for his ID, that he just whipped out a One Dollar Bill?
don

Email

« Reply #4 on: Dec 13th, 2003, 6:00pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

The only contract that should be awarded to the French is the one to re build the sewer system.
IP Logged
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #5 on: Dec 13th, 2003, 6:05pm »

Don't lose too much sleep over the Germans and the French. They'll be there through subsidiaries and the like. They're going to be "nice" for awhile.  They have it figured out that being at odds with England and the US is a really dumb idea.  

I hope James Baker can talk the rest of NATO into some military action as well as getting them to forgive Iraqi debt which is his basic mission. We just don't have enough men there. Let NATO take over security of something like the Kurdish areas and others so we can free up enough troops to insure some real security. They can at least work with us this way. The French are doing some of this with us in Afghanistan, by the way. They’ve been there a long time.  

I can understand your feelings. This is true for everything. Companies don't think twice of laying off Americans and encouraging workers to take early "retirement" so they can move operations to some place where wages are about enough to keep the workers basically alive so they can assemble flashlights and remote controls.  

Charlie
IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
Mikey
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Rock till ya Drop and DON'T mess with the FAM!!!!!

MGuitarM
WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: Dec 13th, 2003, 6:16pm »

I agree one hundred percent with you Patrick!!

Fuck anybody that don't like it!!!!!!!!

Mikey,  Grin
IP Logged

I love to ROCK very HARD!!!

CHRONIC and going crazy!! Want to come too?

Hope for PFDAN, peace and safety to you all!!
forgetfulnot

Email

« Reply #7 on: Dec 13th, 2003, 7:35pm »

On Fox news this morning some ex-diplomat muc said only 2 of the 17 bln would be excluded, acted like he knew what he was talking about and was pissed at the Pentagon for screwing up the chance that France, Germany and Russia would forgive or restructure Iraq's debt. If he is right this was just a feel good speech for G.W.B., he is on the campaign trail.  Shocked

Lee
« Last Edit: Dec 13th, 2003, 9:46pm by forgetful » IP Logged
brain_cramps
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Email

« Reply #8 on: Dec 13th, 2003, 8:40pm »

i'm a little unclear on the connection...

because the US went in and leveled Iraq, they should profit by the rebuilding process?

*** don't get me wrong - I'm 100% behind getting rid of Saddam ***

IP Logged
forgetfulnot

Email

« Reply #9 on: Dec 13th, 2003, 9:03pm »

Grant, it's my toy and you can't play with it. OK..........

Lee
IP Logged
brain_cramps
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Email

« Reply #10 on: Dec 13th, 2003, 9:06pm »

Lee

if that's the case, why are most of the peace-keeping troops and  "rebuilders"  in Afghanistan non-American?

grant        Huh
« Last Edit: Dec 13th, 2003, 9:08pm by brain_cramps » IP Logged
forgetfulnot

Email

« Reply #11 on: Dec 13th, 2003, 9:34pm »

on Dec 13th, 2003, 9:06pm, brain_cramps wrote:
Lee

if that's the case, why are most of the peace-keeping troops and  "rebuilders"  in Afghanistan non-American?

grant        Huh

Because they don't have any oil? Grin

Lee
IP Logged
brain_cramps
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Email

« Reply #12 on: Dec 13th, 2003, 9:35pm »

on Dec 13th, 2003, 9:34pm, forgetfulnot wrote:
Because they don't have any oil? Grin

You said it, not me.     Wink
« Last Edit: Dec 13th, 2003, 9:42pm by brain_cramps » IP Logged
forgetfulnot

Email

« Reply #13 on: Dec 13th, 2003, 9:58pm »

on Dec 13th, 2003, 9:35pm, brain_cramps wrote:

You said it, not me.     Wink

For the record, I was posing a question, not making a statement. As I recall the Afgan....... effort was backed by the U.N., Iraq was only backed by the U.S., England and a handfull of insignifigant others. The U.N. backing is most likely the reason, however there is talk they will pull out  of Afgan...... just as they have pulled out of Iraq. Who knows! Got to wonder about the oil factor

Lee    
IP Logged
brain_cramps
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Email

« Reply #14 on: Dec 13th, 2003, 10:30pm »

Yes - I realize that it was a question, not a statement.

Its not often that I get into these "political" discussions.  Now that this discussion has gone beyond the scope of the original question, I don't have much more to say on the topic.  This is not to say that I completely agree or disagree with your point, only that it is not part of the original discussion.

grant
IP Logged
totka
New Board Old Timer
Hungary 

Atsuko

« Reply #15 on: Dec 13th, 2003, 11:24pm »

What's the name  your former company? Look at my flag I'm Hungarian.
At present one Hungarian company working in Iraq. Its name is ToyFor Inc. and "operated" mobile toilets.
IP Logged

I have two enemies, cluster headache and English grammar.
Prense
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Kerry is an idiot!

Email

« Reply #16 on: Dec 13th, 2003, 11:53pm »

on Dec 13th, 2003, 9:58pm, forgetfulnot wrote:
Iraq was only backed by the U.S., England and a handfull of insignifigant others.  

I know you probably meant no harm with this statement, but any country that backed the fall of Sadam is definately not insignificant.
IP Logged

Where does the white go in a snowman when the snow melts?
forgetfulnot

Email

« Reply #17 on: Dec 14th, 2003, 12:41am »

on Dec 13th, 2003, 11:53pm, Prense wrote:

I know you probably meant no harm with this statement, but any country that backed the fall of Sadam is definately not insignificant.

I guess that all depends on what your definition of "backed" is.

All I remember is the only front line troops in the "beginning" were U.S.A. and the Brits, I could be wrong, but any other support we got really had no bearing other than moral support. Maybe irrelevant would be a better word.  

Lee

PS: I got my five stars so I will STFU now
« Last Edit: Dec 14th, 2003, 12:53am by forgetful » IP Logged
12gagueblast
New Board Junior
USA 

BLAM BLAM!!!!!!!

« Reply #18 on: Dec 14th, 2003, 12:49am »

Brain_cramped "we leveled the country".  What???? read a paper Saddam and his sons sucked the country dry.  he lived great while the country suffered saddam leveled the country( and dont say we did it with santions either, if that was going to be your next argument heard already).  we DID NOT level the country.  we bombed bagdad and left the lights on for god sake.  you are trying to reinvent history or you are unaware of it.  selective bombing is what occured we did not carpet bomb cities.  and the $87 billion is our money so we should spend it the way we see fit.  Give the poles and the brits contracts along with US companies and F the french F the germans and F the russians unless they decide to help us now.  they knew and were told that this is the way it was going to be.  they are no used to someone like GWB who says what he means and means what he says.  our $ and our decision.
IP Logged
Patrick_A
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #19 on: Dec 14th, 2003, 12:54am »

on Dec 13th, 2003, 11:24pm, totka wrote:
What's the name  your former company? Look at my flag I'm Hungarian.
At present one Hungarian company working in Iraq. Its name is ToyFor Inc. and "operated" mobile toilets.

Sorry Totka, The fact that i lost my job to Hungarians didnt have anything to do with my statement on the Iraq deal. I cant blame your country, I can only blame my company.

And for the record....WTF does everyone want to mix the Iraq and Afghanistan thing. It aint the same war, it has different reasons!
Iraq was strictly funded by America, England, Australia, Poland, Italy and a few others i cant remember. The money that Bush got for reconstruction is what i am talking about. Why should France or Germany be allowed to grab even 1% of that money? They don't deserve a dime!

Patrick  Grin
IP Logged

brain_cramps
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Email

« Reply #20 on: Dec 14th, 2003, 12:55am »

on Dec 14th, 2003, 12:41am, forgetfulnot wrote:
I guess that all depends on what your definition of "backed" is.

All I remember is the only front line troops in the "beginning" were U.S.A. and the Brits, I could be wrong, but any other support we got really had no bearing other than moral support. Maybe irrelevant would be a better word.  

Lee

<<
There have been 529 confirmed coalition deaths, 455 Americans, 53 Britons, one Dane, 17 Italians, one Pole, one Spaniard and one Ukrainian, in the war as of December 11, 2003.
>>

IMHO, casualties of any nationality, would definitely constitute more than moral or irrelevant support, regardless of the numbers.

http://edition.cnn.com/SPECIALS/2003/iraq/forces/casualties/
« Last Edit: Dec 14th, 2003, 12:57am by brain_cramps » IP Logged
brain_cramps
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Email

« Reply #21 on: Dec 14th, 2003, 1:01am »

on Dec 14th, 2003, 12:49am, 12gagueblast wrote:
Brain_cramped "we leveled the country".  What???? ...

OK --- I admit "leveled" was a bad choice of a word.  But that is irrelevant to the topic.

I could have used a number of other words in its place, but it still would not have changed the point that I MADE.

on Dec 14th, 2003, 12:49am, 12gagueblast wrote:
and dont say we did it with santions either, if that was going to be your next argument heard already

Don't bother trying to put words in my mouth.
« Last Edit: Dec 14th, 2003, 1:10am by brain_cramps » IP Logged
Patrick_A
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #22 on: Dec 14th, 2003, 1:10am »

on Dec 13th, 2003, 8:40pm, brain_cramps wrote:
i'm a little unclear on the connection...

because the US went in and leveled Iraq, they should profit by the rebuilding process?

*** don't get me wrong - I'm 100% behind getting rid of Saddam ***

Grant, You said Profit? Where is there a profit being made? My hard earned Tax dollars went into this money being used to fight this war and also for the reconstruction of Iraq, Did France put any money? No! Did Germany put in any money? No! Etc....... Why should they profit should be the question?

Patrick Smiley
IP Logged

forgetfulnot

Email

« Reply #23 on: Dec 14th, 2003, 1:13am »

Grant the key word is "beginning"

Lee
IP Logged
brain_cramps
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Email

« Reply #24 on: Dec 14th, 2003, 1:14am »

on Dec 14th, 2003, 1:10am, Patrick_A wrote:

Grant, You said Profit? Where is there a profit being made?

Am I to assume that the company you are working for is doing this out of the goodness of their hearts?
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss