Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 19th, 2024, 4:55pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « What the F.. do men want? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   What the F.. do men want?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: What the F.. do men want?  (Read 3288 times)
Ree
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

2008's my year to shine~SUN IS OUT!!!YAY

64720087 64720087   Reespirit   Ree16Angel
WWW Email

Re: What the F.. do men want?
« Reply #50 on: Dec 10th, 2004, 6:30pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Dec 10th, 2004, 2:29pm, john_d wrote:
This is kinda pragmatic, but....

First you have to play the attraction game.  To start, you have to be attract a man to chase you, but don't worry, men are attracted to many, many things.  Personal appearance, but also neediness- as in a woman who really needs him.  Second, men get more attracted the more they have to chase.  Hard game to play because you have to be evasive just enough to make them chase but not enough to actually get away.

I am sure you aware of the above, but I want to spell it out and make sure you realize it is seperate from below part of a relationship.

Outside of the attraction game, there is what people really want and need, rather than just what a man wants.  Here is the 'Maslow Heirarchy of needs'

http://chiron.valdosta.edu/whuitt/col/regsys/maslow.html    

Interesting stuff.

But besides all that, men are just imperfect human beings.  They are not the answer to lifes problems and if they are expected to be they may feel inadequate and dart.  

Vibes to you Linda.

I agree with ya here John D... guys DO like the chase... and why do we wait around and chase them around cuz we like the chase too... Only problem is that WOMEN like to get caught... guys don't like getting chased........make sense?  There is a new book out there it was on Oprah the other day... by Greg Bedrendt  called He's Just Not That Into You.   I think all single women should read this... and the show was great.  He said alot of things I wish I had listened to in my first, marriage........ Buy the book Linda honey you deserve so much this life has to give to ya... Love ya lots and lots reehttp://www.oprah.com/tows/pastshows/200409/tows_past_20040922.jhtml
« Last Edit: Dec 10th, 2004, 6:32pm by Ree » IP Logged

Proud Mom to US ARMY Kiowa OH58 PILOT~CWO2 SCOTT Hawaii, & USMC Vet~Now POLICE OFFICER SEAN, Citizen of the Month~ Breezy~ Nana 4 Matt/Mike&Aya, MIL To Shino Wife to Dave HI BILL!http://www.myspace.com/dungareespockethttp://www.prohawaiian.com
marlin
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #51 on: Dec 10th, 2004, 6:32pm »

Doesn't spend money? Does she clean the fish you catch too?  If the answer to that is yes and she looks like one of those pics jonny or rock posts you may want to lie a little bit about how good you've got it. Sounds too good to be true. Most men would kill to get one of those lol.
IP Logged
Donna_D.
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

OUCH needs volunteers

smileyone1968@yahoo.com  
WWW Email

« Reply #52 on: Dec 10th, 2004, 6:35pm »

Linda,

I think the question you should be asking is what do YOU want?

Hang in there, Sis.  

Always here if you need me!

BTDT,

DD
IP Logged

The information contained above is for the expressed use of fellow clusterheads and their supporters. Any misuse of this information by any of my "Ex's" is considered to be creepy and a form of harassment and will be duly noted by the ch.com webmaster Tongue
cschick

Email

« Reply #53 on: Dec 10th, 2004, 6:45pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

on Dec 10th, 2004, 6:35pm, Donna_D. wrote:
Linda,

Hang in there, Sis.  

Always here if you need me!

BTDT,

DD

oh, oh, BRAVO, BRAVO!!!!!!  That is the best answer yet!  DD you are sooo wise!   bow
IP Logged
Donna_D.
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

OUCH needs volunteers

smileyone1968@yahoo.com  
WWW Email

« Reply #54 on: Dec 10th, 2004, 6:46pm »

on Dec 10th, 2004, 6:45pm, cschick wrote:

oh, oh, BRAVO, BRAVO!!!!!!  That is the best answer yet!  DD you are sooo wise!   bow

Shhh don't blow my cover...they think I am just a "Ditz with tits!"

Wink

DD
« Last Edit: Dec 10th, 2004, 6:47pm by Donna_D. » IP Logged

The information contained above is for the expressed use of fellow clusterheads and their supporters. Any misuse of this information by any of my "Ex's" is considered to be creepy and a form of harassment and will be duly noted by the ch.com webmaster Tongue
cschick

Email

« Reply #55 on: Dec 10th, 2004, 6:51pm »

*whispering* oh ok, I will keep on the downlow!

*shouting*  DD you ding dong - what are you on?
IP Logged
thomas

Email

« Reply #56 on: Dec 10th, 2004, 7:01pm »

on Dec 10th, 2004, 6:35pm, Donna_D. wrote:
Linda,

I think somebody just hit the nail on the head.
IP Logged
Mac_Muz
New Board Old Timer
USA 

new hampster "eat seeds or die"

Email

« Reply #57 on: Dec 10th, 2004, 7:08pm »

Now marlin, Why Yes she can butcher deer, and fish is easy.. She tips the scales at near 140 and is near 6 feet tall.... Since she hit 21 x 2 , well she ain't no spring chick, but I am 53 so some say I robbed the cradle. I am about 150, and near to 6 feet too... I wish I knew how with no better than a Yahoo album to show her pic here, but I can't seem to even get a avatar to load from my system.. I am not computer literate... There are some things I don't seem to do very well.

I can't even get the "More Smiles" to work well. As the extra's load and I move the mouse to them they go away...

Anyway she is mine and I am hers, and we both work at staying happy.. At vouse it is said madam knows how to keep her man home... I must admitt that appears true to me over the last 14 years... Mac   inlove
IP Logged

When all else fails read the instructions.
marlin
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #58 on: Dec 10th, 2004, 7:10pm »

on Dec 10th, 2004, 7:01pm, thomas wrote:

I think somebody just hit the nail on the head.

Probably right.  

See, there's an expectation game that has the potential of being set to unrealistic levels by Cosmo Magazine, The View, Oprah...and many others  All the arch enemy of the married man.  Men: If you find one of those articles anywhere within reach, destroy it immediately or live with it AT YOUR PERIL!!!
IP Logged
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #59 on: Dec 10th, 2004, 7:33pm »

I agree: Do what's good for Linda.  

You're on the right track kid. Coming here was a big step in the right direction.  I'm here for you too.  

I  know that it seems like it's true that we were given enough blood to run our brain and our penis but not both at the same time. We aren't so bad, just not good at asking for advice.  

Love you Linda.  

Charlie

IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
Carl_D

Email

« Reply #60 on: Dec 10th, 2004, 7:39pm »

LINDA

hug
IP Logged
Biker
New Board Old Timer
USA 

OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #61 on: Dec 10th, 2004, 8:39pm »

Life is your choice.    Its all your decision.    I would like you to ask your children, ask your husband, and finially ask yourself.   I think you already know what you have decided.
IP Logged

Ride it like ya stole it.
sailpappy
New Board Old Timer
USA 

sail_pappy   sailpappy1
WWW Email

« Reply #62 on: Dec 10th, 2004, 11:35pm »

Linda my sister,
       You and I go back a way and from the e-mail I got from you a few days ago, well I am dumbfounded by the fact that such a worrier like you would submit, just to get help with the meds.
       I would endure all the clusters God can send my way, standing tall and knowing I am with a person that LOVES me enough to sacrafice her own sleep and no matter what, stick things out Holding my hand and asking what she could do to help, Your a wonderful Friend and person and you dont deserve anything but the exact same thing in return. we all have to compromise at some points in life to make our mate comfortable.
       Are you there for the right reason, Love?  or is it out of being scared and in need?  I love you Linda and it tears me apart knowing your situation. and by the way, I am still beaming from the last line in your e-mail!
       If anything ever happened to Terri and I you would be one of the first people I would contact sweety!
       You were alone before and fighting the good fight, is bing with someone that already makes you question the relationship worth giving up what you fought so hard to acheive before you hooked up with him? now your in a position to reap some rewards from this relationship should it end,  Spousal support and maybe medical insurance???
      I am very worried about you my friend!!!!! very worried indeed!   write me sweety!!!  pappy
« Last Edit: Dec 14th, 2004, 8:07am by sailpappy » IP Logged
Cynlee
New Board Newbie
USA 

aspenvonkinzer

« Reply #63 on: Dec 11th, 2004, 1:32am »

Linda Sorry to hear you are hurting, and torn. From your posts and the posts of those who know you or know the situation it sounds like you need to re-evaluate your needs, and what you expect from him. Remember just because you want to change or figure out what he wants he probably will not be as willing to comprimise or put you before himself. The feeling I am also getting from this relationship is that it is abusive? Or might be? Sorry if I am over stepping my bounds but NEVER put your own personal safety (mentally, emotionally, physically) before anyone elses. GET OUT!  A person (man or woman) who truly loves another would not intentionally inflict any pain on their partner. (physical or otherwise) I know it is scary to leave if you are questioning it now, get out before it gets much worse! It wont get better and "great sex" unfortunatly is a large part of the relationship but not the most important. There must be a mutual respect for eachothers welfare, needs, dreams, and desires. A couple should compliment eachother. I have to remind myself of these things daily so that I myself will not fall back into that pit of despair. Never settle! Best wishes in your decision, there are resources available  to help with transitions souch as these. Please if you are in any danger take care of yourself! If you need someone to lean on, any of you ladies in bad situations. Feel free to PM or email me.  
Love and Light  
Cynthia
IP Logged

Dont be pissed my horse is fast... be pissed yours is not fast enough!
nancyc
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Friends don't let friends post drunk on mbs......

Email

« Reply #64 on: Dec 11th, 2004, 2:04am »

SIS, dont know if i can help you at all but I can tell you this.....I really dont give a shit rite now in my life what a man needs...IT IS ALL ABOUT WHAT I NEED....LOL...all kidding aside, my last love, DOC...yep, my Doctor..that i had an affair with for two years, died about three months ago...I learned alot from this man...He taught me that NO one should control you like he tried to do with me...that you alone control your happiness...that is along with the God of your understanding..BUtt, I allowed him to do this to me...God bless him for helping me understand that I need to protect myself from mentally abusive people...He did give me so much that I can carry on in my life.....my prayer for you is that you find peace with YOURSELF...noone but you..then you can let someone else in your life...at this point in my life, I am still searching for self peace, so I am alone and that is ok rite now..I am  enjoying it..I do still grieve for Doc though for he never knew true happiness...God bless, smiles,nancyc
« Last Edit: Dec 11th, 2004, 2:16am by nancyc » IP Logged
Racer1_NC
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

"Beeeyul the Cat"

Email

« Reply #65 on: Dec 11th, 2004, 11:46am »

on Dec 10th, 2004, 3:07pm, Kevin_M wrote:

Then again, there are the guys in which the pursuit is the real challenge; getting what you want, then losing interest  

Guilty

Kevin M

Then yet again, there are they guys that hate the pursuit, do it anyway, and then find out the individual they were pursuing was not what they believed them to be and lose interest. Works a million different ways.

The most important thing concerning this thread is that Linda resolve her situation and find the happiness she deserves.

Bill
IP Logged

"Everybody's Gotta Learn Sometime."

Eventus stultorum magister.
E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

« Reply #66 on: Dec 11th, 2004, 5:32pm »

on Dec 10th, 2004, 4:40pm, ExplodingEyeBall wrote:
Here's how Adam Sandler said it.

This is what I want.  Grin
--------------------------------------------
I wanna make you smile,  
whenever you're sad.
Carry you around when your arthritis is bad.
Oh, all i wanna do, is grow old with you.  
I'll get your medicine when your tummy aches,
Build you a fire if the furnace breaks.
Oh, it could be so nice, growin' old with you.

I'll miss you, kiss you,
Give you my coat when you are cold,
need you, feed you.
I'll even let you hold the remote control.

So let me do the dishes in our kitchen sink,
put you to bed when you've had too much to drink.
Oh I could be the man who grows old with you.
I wanna grow old with you...

the band played this @ my wedding!
Sums it up for me.......
I was a player for many years....
all I really wanted was someone to be with and to TRULY share all of me with and that would do the same.
When I found that person there were no games what so ever.
Just reality and that reality was completion...

My wife completes me!

That's what I want from a woman.

Good luck finding that other part of you...and don't settle for less.

Best,

Eric
IP Logged

I can't believe that I have to bang my
Head against this wall again
But the blows they have just a little more
Space in-between them
Gonna take a breath and try again.
marlin
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #67 on: Dec 11th, 2004, 9:52pm »

OK OK...ya ya ya.  But don't forget...  men still can't go without a good ole' high quality high octane romp for god's sake!!!!
IP Logged
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #68 on: Dec 12th, 2004, 1:53am »

Quote:
OK OK...ya ya ya.  But don't forget...  men still can't go without a good ole' high quality high octane romp for god's sake!!!!

OK ladies...time to kick his ass! Grin
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
WhoIsTedNow

Email

« Reply #69 on: Dec 12th, 2004, 2:23am »

Linda, if I have taught you nothing in life, cough medicine and vodka are your friends!
IP Logged
Jonny

Email

« Reply #70 on: Dec 12th, 2004, 3:05am »

on Dec 12th, 2004, 2:23am, WhoIsTedNow wrote:
Linda, if I have taught you nothing in life, cough medicine and vodka are your friends!

And what are your friends, Ted?........BURP!!
IP Logged
sailpappy
New Board Old Timer
USA 

sail_pappy   sailpappy1
WWW Email

« Reply #71 on: Dec 12th, 2004, 2:56pm »

,Grin That comment about a high octane romp is about a selfish a statement I have ever read!, maybe its time to reaquaint yourself with mr. right hand! then you can add all the Octane you want!
      In the face of real true love you will do wha ever it takes to make your partner feel better,safer,securer,and that your priorities are about the two of you and not just yourself.
      To protect my wonderful Terri, I moved into my own bed, away from any possibility of bleeding on her while asleep, and even though I have a +10 sex drive, I turned it off, 4 years of almost no contact, not to be selfish for myself, but to generous for her. Love is placing everything for your mate ahead of your own needs to protect not only their health, but their mental security.            Pappy

Sweet Ms. Linda----You deserve peace of mind and Happiness, stop waiting for it to find you and state you demands, it is something you should be getting without having to ask!  Love Ya!
« Last Edit: Dec 12th, 2004, 2:58pm by sailpappy » IP Logged
survivor13
New Board Veteran
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

thunderstruck
Email

« Reply #72 on: Dec 12th, 2004, 3:20pm »

Don't give up Linda! their are alot of us men out there, who want the same thing you do! thats why i never re-married after 15 years of being divorced (46 now).my last girl said (why don't you just turn your head), not me, i'd rather be alone than live a lie. who knows maybe i'll meet a CLUSTER-HEAD-QUEEN!  Smiley
« Last Edit: Dec 12th, 2004, 4:24pm by survivor13 » IP Logged
marlin
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #73 on: Dec 12th, 2004, 5:18pm »

on Dec 12th, 2004, 2:56pm, sailpappy wrote:
,Grin That comment about a high octane romp is about a selfish a statement I have ever read!, maybe its time to reaquaint yourself with mr. right hand! then you can add all the Octane you want!
      In the face of real true love you will do wha ever it takes to make your partner feel better,safer,securer,and that your priorities are about the two of you and not just yourself.
      To protect my wonderful Terri, I moved into my own bed, away from any possibility of bleeding on her while asleep, and even though I have a +10 sex drive, I turned it off, 4 years of almost no contact, not to be selfish for myself, but to generous for her. Love is placing everything for your mate ahead of your own needs to protect not only their health, but their mental security.            Pappy

Sweet Ms. Linda----You deserve peace of mind and Happiness, stop waiting for it to find you and state you demands, it is something you should be getting without having to ask!  Love Ya!

pappy, That +10 sounds a little overstated sir.  I like the show of martyrdom though.  Makes guys like me live a living hell, that is, if the women really believe it.  My own sense of it, well, I think it's mostly in your head - the one on your shoulders.  Believ whatever you like.  If your parter prefers that you sleep across on the other side of the house and you're happy with that, enjoy.  I'll take the high octane romp, thank you.
IP Logged
BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #74 on: Dec 12th, 2004, 5:45pm »

Mmmmmmm......marlin

I don't think you know sailpappy's history and the reason he may not share a bed with his wife.

Believe me, it has nothing to do with "preferring" that arrangemnt.
IP Logged

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss