Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 17th, 2024, 3:29am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Anyone else got the holiday blues? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Anyone else got the holiday blues?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Anyone else got the holiday blues?  (Read 1536 times)
Donna_D.
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

OUCH needs volunteers

smileyone1968@yahoo.com  
WWW Email

Anyone else got the holiday blues?
« on: Dec 15th, 2004, 8:16pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I don't know why, but I do...I have not bought one present, not put up a tree, not sung one cheezy Christmas carol...

And it is not for lack of anything that the "want to"...

This should be the best Christmas I have had in a long time...The kids and I are happy and safe, my money situation is finally straightening out...so what gives?

Anybody else out there feel this way?

DD
IP Logged

The information contained above is for the expressed use of fellow clusterheads and their supporters. Any misuse of this information by any of my "Ex's" is considered to be creepy and a form of harassment and will be duly noted by the ch.com webmaster Tongue
amct15
New Board Newbie
USA 

Email

Re: Anyone else got the holiday blues?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 15th, 2004, 8:20pm »

I'm right there with you.  No tree, no shopping, no decorations on the house, wife and I are fighting, haven't spoken in two days.  Damn Christmas music on the radio non-stop.   Not really looking forward to Christmas, moreso the couple days off from work.   It will get better I suppose, it always does
IP Logged
vig
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

CHit Happens

alongivsiuolluap
WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Dec 15th, 2004, 8:22pm »

for the first time in a long time,  
I'M LOVING IT!!!! laugh
IP Logged

never, Never, NEVER quit. -Winston Churchill
clarence
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Wake up

nailinmyeye
WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 15th, 2004, 8:28pm »

Sorry Donna that it isn't going too well.  I get pretty depressed around Christmas too.  It may be, for me, the lack of daylight, and the cold.  I really hope it gets better for you.

Vig - congradulations bud!

Casey
IP Logged

NY Yankees Suck!!!

"Bart, don't make fun of Grad students. They just made a terrible life decision," Marge Simpson

Where I live: http://rainfallsoneveryone.com
don

Email

« Reply #4 on: Dec 15th, 2004, 8:42pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Nope.

Got no tree, no wreaths, no decorations, no music, getting divorced, have to move, lots of bills.............but..........

I've got friends.  Good enough.
IP Logged
Redd
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #5 on: Dec 15th, 2004, 8:49pm »

The spirit of the season hasn't hit me yet either really.  I have the tree up because it's artificial and I had two teenagers to help.  I've gotton some xmas shopping done because I has a Friday off work and didn't know what else to do with myself.  

Christmas songs come on I turn off the radio, left early from my company Xmas party, Hell I was home by 7PM.  Does that sound as if the season has taken hold of me?  

Oh well, guess you can't always be in the holdisay mood.

IP Logged

I saw an act of faith today. A man was on his knees, not in a pew in a Church, but in a garden planting seeds. ~~Unknown
eyes_afire
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #6 on: Dec 15th, 2004, 8:49pm »

Quote:

Absolutely.  I'm considering a total boycott of the holidays.  (I know, it sounds pathetic.)

--- Steve
IP Logged

Still around... in a brand new world now...
brain_cramps
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Email

« Reply #7 on: Dec 15th, 2004, 8:53pm »

Yep
IP Logged
don

Email

« Reply #8 on: Dec 15th, 2004, 8:57pm »

You guys could always convert and become  Jewish but dont start whining when all you get is a draddle (sp?) for the holidays.
« Last Edit: Dec 15th, 2004, 8:58pm by don » IP Logged
Mark C
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Onward through the fog.

Email

« Reply #9 on: Dec 15th, 2004, 8:57pm »

yes
IP Logged

Click The Flag
thebbz
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Ow,Ow,Ow

Email

« Reply #10 on: Dec 15th, 2004, 9:00pm »

My wife got the blues the other night. Cry Missed the kids. Thinking about the past when they were at home. Your not alone. She's better today, still misses the kids and the grandson, that really gives her the holiday blues, cause they are so far away. Ba humbug. laugh Hope your on the nice list.
BB
IP Logged

It wasn't me I didn't do it
broomhilda
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Ride it!

witchilda

« Reply #11 on: Dec 15th, 2004, 9:04pm »

on Dec 15th, 2004, 8:57pm, don wrote:
You guys could always convert and become  Jewish but dont start whining when all you get is a draddle (sp?) for the holidays.

Its dreidle Don!!!
 Yup good idea but make sure you marry the same faith otherwise you get to deal with more shit Angry oopssss did that slip out, sorry not in festive mood either....
IP Logged

Suck it up Princess...

Opus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

(Insert witty comment here)

pjbgravely   pjbgravely
WWW Email

« Reply #12 on: Dec 15th, 2004, 9:08pm »

Donna,
    Try to put the tree up on christmas eve, if no presents then let that be the present for them. Christmas isn't about anything you buy in a store, it is about a free gift given to all. I have done nothing this year, maybe on christmas eve.

Opus/Paul
IP Logged

Zed-Zed-nine plural-Zed alpha,

There is no place like home.
Grandma_Sweet_Boy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

What Goes Around Comes Around!

« Reply #13 on: Dec 15th, 2004, 9:16pm »

Lord, what a sorry assed bunch we are - sadly, I agree with all of you.  Just not doin' it for me this year either but it's never been my favourite time of year.

Presents are all bought, all wrapped, tree is up, house decorated,  and I'm still not in the Christmas frame of mind.

Carol
IP Logged
cschick

Email

« Reply #14 on: Dec 15th, 2004, 9:18pm »

I am but I'm not.   Undecided  I am not in the mood to go out and shop but am loving the Christmas music and my tree is oh so beautiful!  Colin's excitement is getting contagious too!

Karen
IP Logged
Melissa

Email

« Reply #15 on: Dec 15th, 2004, 9:35pm »

Good grief, I'm going to have to win the lottery and drag my kids all across America to come visit ya'll.

MY 2 reasons for the season...

btw, Eli started walking yesterday!! Grin Grin
IP Logged
cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

sumday I'm gonna be sumbody........ ..

Email

« Reply #16 on: Dec 15th, 2004, 9:40pm »

Bah-hum-fucking-bah......as you can tell the answer is YES. I always get stress messed dureint he holidays.....I get moody, depressed, pissed off, and bitchy as hell and negative. I think it is cuz the holidays are jus "too much" to comprehend. Gotta go buy all these people stuff ya normally don't by shit for or see.....gotta send all these cute lill joy joy cards to everyone ya know esp family or there think yer an uncareing jerk and rude. Gotta bake cookies till they come out yer ears so you can end up feedin the squirrles. Got all that stuff ya went into debt over to now wrap with expensive paper then tears on every corner....gotta buy lots of tape and bows of course. Gotta fight with a tree IN your house and plug in fire hazard lead tinted wire lights and dangerous glass balls that cut when ya step on em (or dog or cat eats one or the tinsil and ends up at the vets with BIG HUGE bill)......gotta set snowmen and winter scene decorations all round the house (I hate snow and winter).....and then there's the Christmas music in the stores and singing mechanical Santa clauses. Not to mention traffic and packed stores with LONG lines ya gotta put up with tryin not to catch the flu or a cold from all the SICK people sneezein on ya. Oh and all that eating and blowing your diet.....it's all an evil plan Pam  

Ho-ho-ho.......................Good thing is New Years eve is around the corner....so everyone gets blasted drunk to drown there sorrows suffering from the holiday blues. Until next year...............................................
IP Logged

Cause and Effect......"Cause is the effect concealed, Effect is the cause revealed"

Bandette74
New Board Veteran
USA 

i can't hear you. I have a banana in my ear.

« Reply #17 on: Dec 15th, 2004, 10:04pm »

typically, holidays are okay by me. But, now that I'm in pain and not sure of anything with these headaches, I want it to go away (both the holidays and the headaches, actually).  

i got presents for the people i care about before i got hit. so, there's that, but no decorations. hell, i'm afraid doing much of anything will trigger another attack. just waiting for the damn neuro appt, and hoping an Rx works.

i try to keep positive, and i put on a pretty good front with others, but shopping for secret santa gift at work--you've got to be kidding me. look, if i wanted to buy you a damn present i would. i don't want to because i barely know you and we seem to work well that way, what do ya say we keep it like that.  Roll Eyes

uh--sorry. what was the topic again?  Embarassed
IP Logged

Teaudire non possum. Musa sapientum fixa est in aure
Bandette74
New Board Veteran
USA 

i can't hear you. I have a banana in my ear.

« Reply #18 on: Dec 15th, 2004, 10:07pm »

on Dec 15th, 2004, 9:40pm, cootie wrote:
Bah-hum-fucking-bah......as you can tell the answer is YES. I always get stress messed dureint he holidays.....I get moody, depressed, pissed off, and bitchy as hell and negative. I think it is cuz the holidays are jus "too much" to comprehend. Gotta go buy all these people stuff ya normally don't by shit for or see.....gotta send all these cute lill joy joy cards to everyone ya know esp family or there think yer an uncareing jerk and rude. Gotta bake cookies till they come out yer ears so you can end up feedin the squirrles. Got all that stuff ya went into debt over to now wrap with expensive paper then tears on every corner....gotta buy lots of tape and bows of course. Gotta fight with a tree IN your house and plug in fire hazard lead tinted wire lights and dangerous glass balls that cut when ya step on em (or dog or cat eats one or the tinsil and ends up at the vets with BIG HUGE bill)......gotta set snowmen and winter scene decorations all round the house (I hate snow and winter).....and then there's the Christmas music in the stores and singing mechanical Santa clauses. Not to mention traffic and packed stores with LONG lines ya gotta put up with tryin not to catch the flu or a cold from all the SICK people sneezein on ya. Oh and all that eating and blowing your diet.....it's all an evil plan Pam  

Ho-ho-ho.......................Good thing is New Years eve is around the corner....so everyone gets blasted drunk to drown there sorrows suffering from the holiday blues. Until next year...............................................

i'll drink ta that!! wait, maybe not *pokes self in eye*
IP Logged

Teaudire non possum. Musa sapientum fixa est in aure
marlin
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #19 on: Dec 15th, 2004, 10:11pm »

I'm cheerful this year!

I heard santa is sick and Ms claus is delivering the gifts wearing nothing but a thong.  I set the milk and cookies out along with a bottle of scotch.  If I wake up, the scotch bottle is empty and she's burping on my sofa I get what I wished for on my CHristmas list. Grin
IP Logged
Renee
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

May we all find some pf time!  Is it summer yet?

Email

« Reply #20 on: Dec 15th, 2004, 10:45pm »

Out of the norm for me but I am looking forward to and already enjoying these holidays!

I've got the presents wrapped and under the tree, etc etc etc.

Amazing difference when the beast is not controlling my life.
IP Logged

23 years of battling the beast, 9 years chronic......uneducated docs/nurses make me irate.
The fungus among us is for real!

Tim_Z
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #21 on: Dec 15th, 2004, 11:10pm »

The 12 days of christmas? It seems more like 50 or more, starting around thanksgiving. That has a lot to do with it, it's just too drawn out.

Usually I'm a big scrooge, bah. I get depressed this time of year, money, the real meaning of christmas, the music and all those damned happy people. Why are they so happy? I don't know. I think christmas would be a lot more special if we celebrated about every 3-5 years.

This year it has been different. Time is going so fast. It's almost like christmas is sneaking up on me. It will be over before you know it.

I don't have the christmas cheer, but I'm not bunned out either. I'm just kind of on cruise control.  

My Charlie Brown tree is standing proudly in the corner.
IP Logged
eddie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

PFDAN TO ALL

« Reply #22 on: Dec 15th, 2004, 11:20pm »

yes i am, but trying not too feel blue
the only christmas present i want is to be pain free
i have been in this cycle since last year, i just hope
it is not the chronic CH to be with me next yr at this
time. i hope you get to feeling better and everyone
else here i sure hope and pray  
eddie
IP Logged

PFDAN TO ALL>><< http://www.putfile.com/ededearl>>><music> http://www.myspace.com/pamneddie
Woobie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I luv you guys!!!!!!!!

Email

« Reply #23 on: Dec 15th, 2004, 11:41pm »

on Dec 15th, 2004, 8:16pm, Donna_D. wrote:

DD

Yep! Undecided
IP Logged
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #24 on: Dec 16th, 2004, 12:12am »

Yep.  Undecided
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss