Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 3rd, 2024, 9:52pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Freshly Diagnosed »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004-2005 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Freshly Diagnosed
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Freshly Diagnosed  (Read 201 times)
rollerzonly61
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Freshly Diagnosed
« on: Apr 29th, 2004, 9:14am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi everyone,
  I am have just recently been diagnosed with episodic clusters. I had my first episode 2 years ago, but the doctors thought I had a pinched nerve and gave me anti-inflammatories. Funny, my cycle had just broke after a month when I was finallly treated, so I thought my medication worked, but I was really just ending a cycle.

I am in my second cycle now, and I have finals week right now, plus I am graduating college, and I do my physical fitness testing for the police academy in ten days. I am at my wits end, I can't see a neurologist because my referral is from a doctor in Philadelphia, not Pittsburgh where I go to school. I have to suffer through each headache, they are usually 7 or 8's. The only thing I have to take is Imitrex pills, but they take forever to work. Matter of fact, I ws just awaken from dead sleep with one of these evil headaches. I can only pray that this cycle will break soon. It has been almost three weeks with a headache or two every other day.

I just wanted to share with everyone because no one else can even come close to grasping the pain of a cluster. At least the people on this site understand what I'm going through and what bad, bad timing these headaches take. Thanks for reading.
IP Logged
daffyswacky
New Board Junior
USA 

Do the voices in my head scare you?

smileyhearts29   smileyhearts29
Email

Re: Freshly Diagnosed
« Reply #1 on: Apr 29th, 2004, 11:27am »

hey roller...oh how i feel your pain..itoo was finally diagnosed yesterday although my suffering started just about 5 weeks ago...same deal pinched nerves, sinus's, trauma fom earlier severe concusion which resulted in my having spinal cord surgery whick made that my lucky #13 back surgery. i too was given imitrex plus i was also given a strong dose of prednisone to start i am sorry that you are going thru such stress with finals and the police academy i wish you well.please feel free to to e-mail me...i cannot believe there are so many of us out there Grin
IP Logged

If you're not living on the edge...you're taking up too much space
rollerzonly61
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #2 on: Apr 29th, 2004, 2:09pm »

Yeah,
  I never knew so many people suffered. No one else understands the pain levels...."Is it like a migraine?" Yeah, multiply that by about 100 and you still won't even have a slight concept of the pain. Flying wall headbutts are really my new talent these days.

Anyway, I will be back to Philly next week for good, so hopefully my doc will try some prednisone on me. I've used it before for poison ivy and such, so I'm not allergic. Thanks for the support.
IP Logged
thomas

Email

« Reply #3 on: Apr 29th, 2004, 2:16pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Ask your doc about O2.  Welcome aboard, dude.
IP Logged
Filbert
New Board Veteran
United_Kingdom 

"Gravy-pure gravy and don't forget it."

« Reply #4 on: Apr 29th, 2004, 2:30pm »

Hi Rollerz
    Welcome to the board but very sorry you have been diagnosed with CH. They do have a habit at surfacing at just the wrong time in your life [not that there's ever a good time]. Hope you get some relief soon so you can get on with the events coming up!!

Filbert
IP Logged
UN_SOLVED
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I need a fully-automatic Imitrex injector !!

WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Apr 30th, 2004, 3:49am »

on Apr 29th, 2004, 2:09pm, rollerzonly61 wrote:
Flying wall headbutts are really my new talent these days.

Sounds like a clusterhead to me !
Sorry you got CH but welcome to the boards. There's alot to learn about dealing with this SHIT ... read up and hang around the boards !

Unsolved
IP Logged

I'm STILL alive ?
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss