Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 11:14pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « The Rape of Europe »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2006 General Board Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   The Rape of Europe
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: The Rape of Europe  (Read 3224 times)
Maffumatt

Email

Re: The Rape of Europe
« Reply #100 on: Dec 11th, 2006, 10:58pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

If the Europeans would get off their asses and make some babies they wouldn't be in this predicament. Wouldn't have the labor shortage or the immigration problems. Accept your fate, adapt or die. Buy a rug.
IP Logged
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #101 on: Dec 12th, 2006, 3:46am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Interesting direction this is taking. Here's my contribution:

In the early fifties we were scared in elementary school because we had air raid drills every other week. Civil Defense was big and tv was full of spots for it and examples of how to survive an attack. It would show up after cartoons too.  

In the late fifties, MacCarthy was gone and Stallin was dead for several years. Khruschev was a blowhard but I believe he knew just how dangerous we were too. At least these people read the same stuff we did and liked to have a little fun. Life for them wasn't something to be discarded so easily. They were on the same page.

The missle crisis:  This was 1962 and in my town, anyway, no one ran for the hills or hid in the cellar that I knew of. It was unsettling but it was a time when you had more faith in what you heard on TV. You believed Kennedy. There was a kind of Orson Welles 1938 "War Of the Worlds" feel to it. My parents said they knew of no one anywhere that panicked at that broadcast; mostly, the same for the missle crisis. The real panic was on tv. I and my friends were glued to it...especially watching as the Navy actually turned around the cargo ships. It was something and the immeciate aftermath had a 9/11 kind of everbody pulling together effect.  

Just some observations.  

Charlie
IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
floridian

Email

« Reply #102 on: Dec 12th, 2006, 8:45am »

on Dec 11th, 2006, 10:58pm, Maffumatt wrote:
If the Europeans would get off their asses and make some babies they wouldn't be in this predicament. Wouldn't have the labor shortage or the immigration problems. Accept your fate, adapt or die. Buy a rug.

We just had two rooms tiled, and are looking at rugs. I am leaning towards the Scrabble rug.

IP Logged
Maffumatt

Email

« Reply #103 on: Dec 12th, 2006, 8:53am »

Twister would be more fun...........
« Last Edit: Dec 12th, 2006, 8:54am by CaSS » IP Logged
floridian

Email

« Reply #104 on: Dec 12th, 2006, 8:55am »

on Dec 12th, 2006, 8:53am, Maffumatt wrote:
Twister would be more fun...........

Ooh, twister. Break out the Partridge Family 8-tracks!!
IP Logged
Redd
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #105 on: Dec 12th, 2006, 8:58am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Dec 12th, 2006, 8:55am, floridian wrote:

Ooh, twister. Break out the Partridge Family 8-tracks!!

and the baby oil....

(did I just say that?) Roll Eyes
IP Logged

I saw an act of faith today. A man was on his knees, not in a pew in a Church, but in a garden planting seeds. ~~Unknown
floridian

Email

« Reply #106 on: Dec 12th, 2006, 9:02am »

Baby oil?  What in the world would you use that for? Does it make the Crisco slipperier?
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss