Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 8:34pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « The Rape of Europe »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2006 General Board Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   The Rape of Europe
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: The Rape of Europe  (Read 3221 times)
Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Give me a shovel Ill dig my own grave!

WWW Email

Re: The Rape of Europe
« Reply #50 on: Dec 6th, 2006, 5:55pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Dec 6th, 2006, 5:49pm, Yorky wrote:
CALM DOWN YOU LOT .

I ditto that......this aint about the US vs England!

Back to your corners!  Cool
IP Logged

It is up to YOU to educate yourself and then help your doctor plan your treatment. If you just sit down in front of your doctor and say "make me better" you are setting yourself up for a great deal of pain.

- Guiseppi

Yorky
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
England 

learn to meditate (or just sit & do nowt)

« Reply #51 on: Dec 6th, 2006, 6:00pm »

on Dec 6th, 2006, 5:55pm, Jonny wrote:

I ditto that......this aint about the US vs England!

Back to your corners!  Cool
but you did beat us thee last time we played soccer.... Grin
IP Logged

today is a gift.....thats why it is called the

present.
JeffB
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Wide open till you see God, then brake

Email

« Reply #52 on: Dec 6th, 2006, 6:08pm »

It's called Football, Yorky!!!!!!!! Grin laugh
IP Logged

" It's been my experience that people who have no vices have very little virtues."
Yorky
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
England 

learn to meditate (or just sit & do nowt)

« Reply #53 on: Dec 6th, 2006, 6:20pm »

on Dec 6th, 2006, 6:08pm, JeffB wrote:
now i allway's thought you guy's called it soccer.......well i'll climb to the top  of the stair's (yorkshire saying meaning....im gobsmacked )  so what is your superbowl called ?
soccer/football.

ps. sorry for any spelling mistake's, having problem's seeing my monitor (it's this muslim veil that we have to wear by law..in europe) ha, ha ,ha
IP Logged

today is a gift.....thats why it is called the

present.
JeffB
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #54 on: Dec 6th, 2006, 6:22pm »

laugh
Is that a bomb strapped in your pants or are you just happy to see me> Grin
IP Logged

" It's been my experience that people who have no vices have very little virtues."
floridian

Email

« Reply #55 on: Dec 6th, 2006, 6:35pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

on Dec 6th, 2006, 4:34pm, Jonny wrote:

Shhhh, as I type, Flo is researching this to once again flog his country.....LMAO Grin

Good  guess, but  wrong-o! Smiley  The number of extremists is somewhat higher (in my estimation) among muslims than Christians.  Depending on how you define extremists. Both religions are infected with morons, idiots, hate-mongers, the intolerant, people with halitosis... although most religious people are pretty ordinary and harmless regardless of which religion they are in.    

America was hit by 19 extremists on 9-11, and by who knows how many Christian mini-Mcveighs that bombed women's health clinics, along with a campaign of threatening, harrassing, and killing health care workers. Not sure if the home-grown Christian terrorists were more 'humane' because they limited their violence somewhat, or if they were simply less effective in their desire to harm and terrorize.  And how about that Fred guy and his protests against soldiers that defend gay America?  Not so many of those Christian wackos, but they sure do get people's blood pressure up.  

I personally think that the worst extremists in this country operate under ideologies based on power or money. Take  the recent Vioxx massacre of between 25,000 and 50,000 of our fellow countrymen.  They hid medical information about the danger of their product so they could make a bit more money.  And the response from this society and government was underwhelming.

You can kill 10 or 20 times more American citizens than Al Qaeda did, and get away with it!!  Because it was subtle, and the masses dont understand subtle.  It won't trigger any speeches from the White House, no mobilization to protect the public, no hysteria. None of the masterminds were sent to Gitmo for an indefinite vacation, no Predator drones made special deliveries to the Merck offices where the evil doers congregate.  Just pretend that it didn't really happen, won't happen again.  

I guess that an American life is worth more if it is destroyed by some one who doesnt' share our cultural identity.  

Undecided
« Last Edit: Dec 6th, 2006, 6:44pm by floridian » IP Logged
Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #56 on: Dec 6th, 2006, 6:51pm »

See, I told you!  Roll Eyes
IP Logged

It is up to YOU to educate yourself and then help your doctor plan your treatment. If you just sit down in front of your doctor and say "make me better" you are setting yourself up for a great deal of pain.

- Guiseppi

Paul98

Email

« Reply #57 on: Dec 6th, 2006, 6:53pm »

Why stop there Flo?  Heck, Vioxx ain't nothing compared to those automobiles.  The manufactures know they can be dangerous, so using your logic, GM, Ford, Toyota, and the lot are just as guilty as forign terrorists.

-P.
IP Logged
floridian

Email

« Reply #58 on: Dec 6th, 2006, 8:05pm »

on Dec 6th, 2006, 6:53pm, Paul98 wrote:
Why stop there Flo?  Heck, Vioxx ain't nothing compared to those automobiles.  The manufactures know they can be dangerous, so using your logic, GM, Ford, Toyota, and the lot are just as guilty as forign terrorists.

-P.

You mean abusing my logic.  

Eat at Joe's Restaurant. Good food, good prices.  Joe doesn't like to waste food, so he occasionally serves stuff that has spoiled.  Hey, you gotta eat! And he blends it with the other stuff so you barely notice it.  

There is a moral distinction between producing a product that carries a known risk, and producing a product that you know is killing people because it is defective.  

« Last Edit: Dec 6th, 2006, 8:11pm by floridian » IP Logged
Sean_C

Email

« Reply #59 on: Dec 6th, 2006, 8:08pm »

on Dec 6th, 2006, 8:05pm, floridian wrote:

Eat at Joe's Restaurant. Good food, good prices.  Joe doesn't like to waste food, so he occasionally serves stuff that has spoiled.  Hey, you gotta eat!  

LOL there's probably more truth to that than we want to know  Grin

Stay away from the chili at Joes, trust me  Grin
IP Logged
Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #60 on: Dec 6th, 2006, 8:15pm »

on Dec 6th, 2006, 8:05pm, floridian wrote:
 Hey, you gotta eat! And he blends it with the other stuff so you barely notice it.  

Yep, lets bash Joe just as we would with terrorist flying planes into buildings....LOL.....thats fucked up thinking, Flo....big time!!
« Last Edit: Dec 6th, 2006, 8:15pm by Jonny » IP Logged

- Guiseppi

floridian

Email

« Reply #61 on: Dec 6th, 2006, 8:53pm »

on Dec 6th, 2006, 8:15pm, Jonny wrote:

Yep, lets bash Joe just as we would with terrorist flying planes into buildings....LOL.....thats fucked up thinking, Flo....big time!!

No, your a fucking moron unable to understand a metaphor.  In the case of vioxx, Merck knowingly manipulated and concealed data that showed their product was killing people. Tens of thousands of them. If they had been honest, the government would have pulled it off the market.  So Merck lied and conspired to keep their product on the market.  

No different from the asbestos companies - employing workers with full knowledge that asbestos would kill or injure thousands of them, actively concealing the risks from the workers, publishing bogus information that asbestos was not really a risk, and refusing to provide reasonable protective equipment because that was seen as an added cost and a drain on productivity.    

IP Logged
AussieBrian
New Board Hall of Famer
Australia 

Got beer?

« Reply #62 on: Dec 6th, 2006, 9:01pm »

on Dec 6th, 2006, 6:08pm, JeffB wrote:

It's called soccer here in Oz while 'football' is either of two other codes depending where you live. We refer to American football as gridiron which I believe isn't used in the States.

We now return you to your regular slanging match.
IP Logged

Vulcrania horrendus - twice daily, then two at night in lieu of sleep.
Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #63 on: Dec 6th, 2006, 9:20pm »

on Dec 6th, 2006, 8:53pm, floridian wrote:
No, your a fucking moron unable to understand a metaphor.

Sorry, Flo..........your right, im not that smart  Cry
IP Logged

- Guiseppi

vig
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

CHit Happens

alongivsiuolluap
WWW Email

« Reply #64 on: Dec 6th, 2006, 9:36pm »

alright you two...
If I have to stop this car...!
 Grin

and bravo to the public expression of ideas
IP Logged

never, Never, NEVER quit. -Winston Churchill
chewy

Email

« Reply #65 on: Dec 6th, 2006, 10:22pm »

Quote:
but you did beat us thee last time we played soccer....

Not to mention that little incident back in the 1700s.  Cool
IP Logged
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #66 on: Dec 7th, 2006, 1:51am »

It's been a tough day in Washington for Bush and his history-ignoring bunch which means that it's also hard on us. Sigh.....

So it turns out that if we start to excit Iraq and leave behind advisors...things will be hunkydory.
Nothing like leaving behind a...trained I guess...Iraqi army and police force and expect them to succeed where the U. S. Army couldn't.  I don't think I'd want to be in a Baghdad hotel room when that starts.  

This will be underway soon because Republicans are terrified that this shit might be going on in 2008. Politics leads of course.  

As I've said here, I'm convinced that this is serious stuff but I'm more concerned that the Coast Guard has been beefing up firepower on Lake Ontario and Lake Erie. This is embarrassing too. Oliver Hazzard Perry fought the battle of Lake Erie nearly 200 years ago. The idea that it will take often cost-prohibitive passports so your family can come back after visiting Niagara Falls or after attending a Bluejays or Mapleleafs game is even sadder. It's paranoia.  

I'm all for keeping our eyes open so long as we don't make life unbearble for ourselves.  Terrorism has never been ultimately successful.

Charlie
IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
floridian

Email

« Reply #67 on: Dec 7th, 2006, 7:20am »

on Dec 6th, 2006, 9:20pm, Jonny wrote:

Sorry, Flo..........your right, im not that smart  Cry

And your an not a very nice person and verbal bully.  

Let me further "run down America" by suggesting not only that the death of hundreds of thousands of people has been cowardly ignored, but that too much time was spent on OJ and Lacy Peterson!  Tragedies to be sure, but the attention they got was completely out of proportion.  

Because in your mind you can criticize anything you like in America (the courts, the education system, the media, stupid behavior, etc. etc) without critizing America, but when the other side does it, you are quick to paint them as Anti-American.  

Guess what Jonny Boy?  You don't own the country, you don't own the idea of patriotism, and the bullying tactics that you and thousands of other yellow keyboarders have used for the last decade no longer work.  

IP Logged
jimmers
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hello GOD! The gene pool needs some chlorine!

« Reply #68 on: Dec 7th, 2006, 9:25am »

Which hundreds of thousands are you refering to? Just wondering.

jimmers
IP Logged

I don't suffer from INSANITY; I'm enjoying every minute of it!
Brew
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Low Four!

« Reply #69 on: Dec 7th, 2006, 10:15am »

The state of being contrary is like vitamins to some people.

Sorry, a random thought just flew out of my yellow keyboard. Lord, I apologize. That there just ain't right.
IP Logged

Always remember that you're unique, just like everyone else.
JeffB
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #70 on: Dec 7th, 2006, 11:12am »

This has gotten way to personal. I may not agree with everything that is said but I do respect others opinions. Even yours, Flo. There is no doubt that you are an intelligent person and I have agreed with a lot of things that you have posted. But really dude, stick to your guns but enough with the name calling.
IP Logged

Kevin_M
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

withered branches grow green again.

« Reply #71 on: Dec 7th, 2006, 12:02pm »

on Dec 7th, 2006, 11:12am, JeffB wrote:
This has gotten way to personal.  

enough with the name calling.

Jeff,  

While being agreeable with the direction you've asserted, previous assumptions about character can be equally disconcerting to read.  There is calling someone something without naming it.

on Dec 6th, 2006, 11:03am, JeffB wrote:
I am glad to see you would be there holding the door open for these nuts. And if you think I was refering to you as someone who would be smiling when we get hit again, you would be right. Wink

And when others join in with the insinuation on character, I would not expect any less than a strongly adverse reaction.  
  Personally, if this were Dec. 7th, 1941, I'd see Flo volunteering to man the first radar station he could, as well as being concerned with the Japanese population within the U.S.  So I would differ on the posted opinions.
  I've seen attempts at rational stances from the chosen information hasn't succeeded in bringing people I know who are of good faith to agreement on issues.  I'd allow, and even encourage people to draw diverse conclusions from an ethical community.

Thanks Jeff for bouncing the ball back to mutual respect here.

Quote:
I may not agree with everything that is said but I do respect others opinions.

« Last Edit: Dec 7th, 2006, 3:55pm by Kevin_M » IP Logged
JeffB
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #72 on: Dec 7th, 2006, 12:10pm »

Well said, Kevin. How about responding to Tanners thread regarding a fallen hero.
IP Logged

Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #73 on: Dec 7th, 2006, 1:31pm »

Quote:
The state of being contrary is like vitamins to some people.

Absolutely. Vitamins are exactly what are being sold to people that are glued to reality television. News is secondary to selling limp pecker pills and terlit cleanser.....unless it becomes as profitalble as endless California kidnapping stories and teacher-student sex trials.

Howard Beal's rant from "Network" has come to pass. In one of his rambling speeches, he warned that we should beware if huge corporate conglomerates take over networks. He said: "Who knows what kind of shit we would be fed as news."  

Well, here we are. Pop your pills and swill your bottled water while watching Idaho car chases.

Charlie
IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
imnotbub
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #74 on: Dec 7th, 2006, 2:56pm »

Reading this has worn me out.

Steve
IP Logged

Life may not be good, but I think it beats the alternative, and if it doesn't, we'll find out soon enough
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss