Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 17th, 2024, 8:05am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Last dance with Mary Jane? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Cluster Headache Specific
(Moderator: DJ)
   Last dance with Mary Jane?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Last dance with Mary Jane?  (Read 3416 times)
rolo65

Email

Last dance with Mary Jane?
« on: Feb 7th, 2008, 11:50pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I got laid off a month ago and had to give up MJ, and ever since my CH has gotten much worse. I have been getting hit every two hours all night long again but the hits aren’t too bad. Kip 4-5’s for 15-20 minutes but the lack of sleep is getting to me again, and I’m also getting daytime hits as well Sad

I have upped my lithium back to 900mg and I’m still getting them. I am afraid that when I start a new job that I will loose it from CH hits during the day.

I am afraid to tell my neurologist about it but may have no choice. Only 2 hits at bed time keeps me HA free, but I can’t and don’t want to do it anymore. Anyone have some suggestions that might help?

It would be nice if I could get a medical waiver but I know that’s a pipe dream. I really don’t miss it anyway and I have wanted to quit for a long time, but every time I quit the CH kicks into overdrive and I start back up again.

Any help with this situation would be greatly appreciated.

PFW’s to all.

Rolo  

Edit: because I should have worded it better in the first place. Hope this is better, and can start this thread back on track. Sorry all for the misinterpretation and vagueness of the first draft.
« Last Edit: Feb 8th, 2008, 4:14pm by rolo65 » IP Logged
Linda_Howell
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hearing is one thing.  Listening is another.

N/A   N/A
WWW Email

Re: Last dance with Mary Jane?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 7th, 2008, 11:57pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Um...I do believe you are in the wrong place to promote someone helping you with an illegal hook-up.

If I am wrong in my assumption I will apoogize.

IP Logged

Kindness, is gladdening the hearts of those who are traveling the dark journey with us.
rolo65

Email

« Reply #2 on: Feb 8th, 2008, 12:01am »

on Feb 7th, 2008, 11:57pm, Linda_Howell wrote:

Um...I do believe you are in the wrong place to promote someone helping you with an illegal hook-up.

If I am wrong in my assumption I will apoogize.

I guess you don't read very well do you!
IP Logged
Batch
New Board Old Timer
USA 

FOX 2 - Check 6

Email

« Reply #3 on: Feb 8th, 2008, 12:02am »

Rolo,

If you can afford Lithium, you can afford oxygen therapy... Get a prescription for 15 liters/minute and non-rebreather mask.

V/R, Batch
« Last Edit: Feb 8th, 2008, 12:04am by Batch » IP Logged

You love lots of things if you live around them. But there isn't any woman and there isn't any horse, not any before nor after, that’s as lovely as a great airplane. Man has one virginity to lose in fighters, and if it is a lovely airplane he loses it to, there is where his heart will forever be.
rolo65

Email

« Reply #4 on: Feb 8th, 2008, 12:04am »

on Feb 8th, 2008, 12:02am, Batch wrote:
Rollo,

If you can afford Lithium, you can afford oxygen therapy... Get a prescription for 15 liters/minute and non-rebreather mask.

V/R, Batch

Yes, I always have 4 M tanks and I use it every day. The O2 works very well and I have the correct mask and regulator.
IP Logged
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #5 on: Feb 8th, 2008, 12:06am »

I guess if we could figure out what, exactly, it was doing for you, we could figure out what might give the same assistance.  Undecided

Maybe melatonin would help? If you were using before bed, the melatonin may help, too.

Heck, I dunno... just a thought.  
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
Linda_Howell
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hearing is one thing.  Listening is another.

N/A   N/A
WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: Feb 8th, 2008, 12:17am »

Quote:

Do NOt insult my intelligence.  I read just fine thank you.  References to MaryJane, wanting to roll one, afraid to tell your neurologist about needing 2 hits a night to keep you "right" , f**  Nancy Reagan and drug testing policies, "I've wanted to quit for a long time"

and then this:

"any help would be greatly appreciated"

Yeah...I must be zoning and I really didn't understand at ALL what you were getting at.     Roll Eyes

Good luck with your last dance with Mary Jane.    
IP Logged

Kindness, is gladdening the hearts of those who are traveling the dark journey with us.
rolo65

Email

« Reply #7 on: Feb 8th, 2008, 12:17am »

I have a box full of meds I quit taking and remembered that I have some amitripyline. I have to check to make sure it won't react with the lithium and I'll try that.  

As many of you probably have tons of meds that didn’t work, so do I. I also have several antidepressants I can try also.

I used to be on 5 drugs at once before I quit every thing and tried the RC seeds but they didn’t cut the preverbal mustard and I decided to try the last resort “lithium” and low and behold it worked for me. I got down to 450mg and was doing great until I quit the MJ.

I just don’t want to be on a ton of meds again like before. All they did was make my life hell. Many of you may remember my earlier posts about this a year ago or so.

For those that don’t remember me, I am way chronic and no meds or combos worked for me until I went on the lithium.

Thanks, Rolo
« Last Edit: Feb 8th, 2008, 12:32am by rolo65 » IP Logged
Jimi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Who loves ya baby!

Hendrix1473  
WWW Email

« Reply #8 on: Feb 8th, 2008, 12:42am »

That last post was better.

Quote:

Now apologize to the little lady and all will be well again. Smiley
IP Logged

I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.

MJ
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #9 on: Feb 8th, 2008, 12:53am »

"and was doing great until I quit the MJ"

Thats what all the girls used to say about me.

MJ

IP Logged

MJ
rolo65

Email

« Reply #10 on: Feb 8th, 2008, 1:27am »

on Feb 8th, 2008, 12:06am, nani wrote:
I guess if we could figure out what, exactly, it was doing for you, we could figure out what might give the same assistance.  Undecided

Maybe melatonin would help? If you were using before bed, the melatonin may help, too.

Heck, I dunno... just a thought.  

I have tried the melatonin and it does nothing at all for me. I don't know why the pot helps but it does. I have tried the tripy things and they dont work for me ether. I don't want to take or do anything but I can't just wish the pain away ether. This CH stuff is a mean animal that wont let you trim it's nails.

Thanks Nani,

Rolo.. Smiley
IP Logged
sailpappy
New Board Old Timer
USA 

sail_pappy   sailpappy1
WWW Email

« Reply #11 on: Feb 8th, 2008, 2:45am »

Grin Grin I use to smoke, it never helped at all, quit that a very long time ago.
   I use melatonin but it has to be at least 24mg based in B-6 or it wont help either.  It fairly cheap but wal-mart is the only source that sells the 3mg in b-6. I take 8 each night.     John
IP Logged
midwestbeth
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #12 on: Feb 8th, 2008, 9:18am »

MJ is a huge trigger for me.  Before I knew I had ch, I tried that on a sugesstion from a friend thinking it would help me sleep and make the ch go away.  That DID NOT happen.  I thought my left eye was going to burst out of my head.  Maybe it helps some for migraines, but from reading this board, many say it is a trigger for a ch.

I have no sugestions other than trying melatonin again.

Beth
IP Logged

Do more than exist - live
Do more than touch - feel
Do more than look - observe
Do more than read - absorb
Do more than hear - listen
Do more than listen - understand
~ John Rhodes
Ray
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Ray and Shade

raymond759  
WWW Email

« Reply #13 on: Feb 8th, 2008, 11:05am »

I'm in the same boat as MidwestBeth...

I quit smoking that nearly 10 years ago.  My thought is that if you can let it go for a while, it will work it's way out of your system in about 2 weeks if you're a thin body type, and 6 weeks if you're overweight.  Eventually these effects will stop.

I have no clue how smoking it can be helpful at night to prevent hits...

When I lived in the netherlands, you could legally obtain a few grams at a time, maybe it's time to look for an international assignment?

With best wishes,

Ray
IP Logged

You have my prayers and compassion-I'm right there with you.

Dum tempus habemus, operemur bonum
*While we have the time, let us do good*

http://www.myspace.com/rayplace
http://www.shadesgarden.com
artonio7
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Home since 11/18/06

artonio9  

« Reply #14 on: Feb 8th, 2008, 11:57am »

rolo... first off... sorry you suffer from this pita CH...

secondly... You don't need to be a bitch to Linda... she's helped more people than you've seen in a decade and your post does come across as seeking an illegal substance on this site.

thirdly... if the o2 is working then what's the problemo?

I hope the melatonin works for you!

with warm regards,
Tony
« Last Edit: Feb 8th, 2008, 12:52pm by artonio7 » IP Logged

Hope! http://artonio7.com
CH Pain Calendar Free Download
For artwork
vietvet2tours
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Team MOOSE DROOL Stinky Stuff on a Hook Prostaff

« Reply #15 on: Feb 8th, 2008, 12:30pm »

on Feb 8th, 2008, 9:18am, midwestbeth wrote:
MJ is a huge trigger for me.  Before I knew I had ch, I tried that on a sugesstion from a friend thinking it would help me sleep and make the ch go away.  That DID NOT happen.  I thought my left eye was going to burst out of my head.  Maybe it helps some for migraines, but from reading this board, many say it is a trigger for a ch.

I have no sugestions other than trying melatonin again.

Beth

Yep what she said.  Say sorry to Linda.

Potter
IP Logged

Kill em all let God sort em out
artonio7
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Home since 11/18/06

artonio9  

« Reply #16 on: Feb 8th, 2008, 1:57pm »

on Feb 8th, 2008, 1:23pm, rolo65 wrote:

She was wrong so why would I apologize when what I said was correct?

If it makes you all feel better than I am sorry that Linda jumped to an inaccurate conclusion, and accused me of soliciting for drugs when I clearly stated that was not my intention.

Rolo…………………………………………………………………………. Roll Eyes

Would you care to point out where you clearly state in this post where you are not soliciting MJ?

on Feb 7th, 2008, 11:50pm, rolo65 wrote:
I got laid off a month ago and had to give up MJ, and ever since my CH has gotten much worse. I have been getting hit every two hours all night long again but the hits aren’t too bad. Kip 4-5’s for 15-20 minutes but the lack of sleep is getting to me again. Sad

I have upped my lithium back to 900mg and I’m still getting them. I am afraid that when I start a new job that I will loose it from CH hits during the day.

F’n Nacy Regan and the dam drug testing policies are a bunch of  bovine scatology!!!!! Angry

I am afraid to tell my neurologist about it but may have no choice. I only need 2 hits at bed time to keep me right but can’t do it anymore. Anyone have any suggestions?

God I wish I could get a medical waiver but I know that’s a pipe dream. I really don’t miss it that bad and I have wanted to quit for a long time, but every time I do the CH kicks into overdrive and I start back up again.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

PFW’s to all.

Rolo who wants to roll one but can’t! Lips Sealed

Perhaps a lack of thc is altering your perception.

tony
IP Logged

For artwork
Sandy_C
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Burn that bra!

Email

« Reply #17 on: Feb 8th, 2008, 1:57pm »

Sorry, Rolo.  

When I read your post I also thought that you were looking to score some MJ.  Where in your first post do you "clearly state" that it was not your intention to score?

You say you have 02 and use it daily.  Does it work for you?
Your hits, you say are in the K4 to K5 range and last for 15 to 20 minutes.  Is the 02  helping to abort the hit?  

I'm not chronic, and I thank God every day that I'm not.  As an episodic, I've had great results with rc seeds in combination with 02.  So I too, am using an illegal substance to combat CH.  I grab my 02 immediately upon the first inkling that a hit is on the way, and can abort that hit within 5 minutes.  I mega dose with seeds at the first sign a cycle is starting, and I maintenance dose with 12 seeds every month to try to keep the cycle from starting.  I have been able to completely stop my last two cycles within days using this combination.  I take nothing else.

Not trying to be mean to you, just trying to understand what you are doing to combat CH, and to make sure that you are not using us to try and find a new source for pot.

Sandy

IP Logged

Lean on me when you're not strong
And I'll be your friend
I'll help you carry on
For it won't be long
Till I'm gonna need
Somebody to lean on
artonio7
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Home since 11/18/06

artonio9  

« Reply #18 on: Feb 8th, 2008, 3:02pm »

on Feb 8th, 2008, 2:46pm, rolo65 wrote:
I started this thread for help and 75% of the responses are negative or misinterpreted.

All I wanted was a few responses from fellow sufferers that are in the same boat as I am, not a slew of accusations and negativity. If you think I’m going to get all upset about this BS you are sorely wrong. I will drop this site like a rotten potato before I bring myself down to the level of constant in fighting.

I want to thank Batch for being the only one on this board that was concerned enough to try to help without being judgmental or context blind.

All you folks who are so convoluted and context blind, I want to thank you for nothing!  

Rolo. Cry

Listen up shit for brains...

Where the fuck do you get off asking for an illegal substance on this site... then when it's pointed out... denying it... and telling us that we're context blind?

perhaps if you can get your doc to prescribe marinol... that might solve your problem.  

If you're having a shitty day... that's too bad... get in line with the rest of us and off your fucking high horse.

Tony
IP Logged

For artwork
seasonalboomer
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

If I think hard enough maybe it'll go away.....

« Reply #19 on: Feb 8th, 2008, 3:27pm »

I read your post and it sounded to me like you were trying to score a doob dude..... Maybe that's not your intent but your defensiveness isn't helping your case.

If you choose to drop this site "like a hot potato"....well, I'll get up tomorrow and my day will be no different than it would have been otherwise.

Scott
IP Logged

-----------------------------------------------------
seasonal boomer
-----------------------------------------------------
Jimi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Who loves ya baby!

Hendrix1473  
WWW Email

« Reply #20 on: Feb 8th, 2008, 3:46pm »

Oh, oh......now you've done it. You have made Tony sign off without saying warm regards and I never thought ANYONE could do that. If you are sooo misunderstood, than my advice to you would be to just start over. The only one I see on here with his panties twisted is you.

P.S. I received your pm. If you have a problem with Linda, you have a problem with me and about 90% of the people on here.  Angry

P.S.S.   (shit for brains) that was funny Tony. Grin
IP Logged

I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.

nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #21 on: Feb 8th, 2008, 3:58pm »

on Feb 8th, 2008, 2:46pm, rolo65 wrote:

I want to thank Batch for being the only one on this board that was concerned enough to try to help without being judgmental or context blind.

Oh...helllooooo...am I invisible?  Wink

It took me a minute to figure out exactly what you needed, Roland. Once I did, I answered in what I hoped would be a helpful way. I could see how your original post might be misinterpreted.

Now, the gentlemanly thing to do would be to say sorry to Linda for the sarcasm, who probably would say she was sorry she misunderstood.  

Let's remember our manners, class. Don't make me get the ruler.  

/for clarity
« Last Edit: Feb 8th, 2008, 4:00pm by nani » IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
Brew
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Low Four!

« Reply #22 on: Feb 8th, 2008, 4:43pm »

I do a number of things very well, but reading minds is not one of them. In order to have understood that you were not looking to score, one would have had to read your mind.

You owe some people an apology. And as with anything unpleasant, the sooner it's over, the better. Now be a man.
IP Logged

Always remember that you're unique, just like everyone else.
BlueMeanie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #23 on: Feb 8th, 2008, 5:59pm »

I don't think you where soliciting to FIND anything here Rolo, but more complaining that you now have to do drug test. But, with that said, you shold not be faulting Linda for attempting to keep this site free of useless threads that could possibly jeopordize this site.

I have tired it hoping that just maybe it would stop CH's. I have also talked to several others who have tested to see if it works. Not a single person has ever said that it works as either a prevent or an abortive. Using the excuse that the government won't let you have it because it works, in my opinion, is a crock. If it DID work, i'd be right there rooting for ya.
IP Logged
Kevin_M
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

withered branches grow green again.

« Reply #24 on: Feb 8th, 2008, 7:02pm »

What you wrote was interpreted suspiciously within seven minutes of your post and that gave you a chance to clarify better then.  It would be best not to be pointing fingers as to who is wrong here after your replies.

on Feb 8th, 2008, 12:01am, rolo65 wrote:

Quote:
a slew of accusations and negativity.

Quote:
judgmental or context blind.

Quote:
so convoluted and context blind

Quote:
She was wrong so why would I apologize when what I said was correct?  

If it makes you all feel better than I am sorry that Linda jumped to an inaccurate conclusion, and accused me of soliciting for drugs when I clearly stated that was not my intention.  

Rolo
      Roll Eyes

How about your judgmental accusations, negativity, and a convoluted sorry about Linda? You could have changed this thread differently in the first eight minutes with this follow up post:

Rolo  

Edit: because I should have worded it better in the first place. Hope this is better, and can start this thread back on track. Sorry all for the misinterpretation and vagueness of the first draft.

But now are only sorry for the misinterpretation due to your vagueness.  Then you are context blind to your written statements and specific rotten potato words that changed the circumstances of your situation here following your original post.  

Any help with this situation would be greatly appreciated.

That's up to you now.

As to this situation:

Quote:
I am afraid that when I start a new job that I will loose it from CH hits during the day.

It may be unlikely you'd be able to use MJ as an abortive at work anyway so I'd be looking avidly for a different solution.  You came close with the lithium, talk to your neuro, perhaps a combination with the lithium will improve its effectiveness.  You have oxygen, get ideas from people here about revisiting seeds again.  Cooperation helps if you are serious.  Pot is a very dubious road with clusters and not an option with me.
« Last Edit: Feb 8th, 2008, 7:04pm by Kevin_M » IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss