Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 17th, 2024, 7:39am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Last dance with Mary Jane? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Cluster Headache Specific
(Moderator: DJ)
   Last dance with Mary Jane?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Last dance with Mary Jane?  (Read 3415 times)
Miz_D
New Board Junior
USA 

Me and my amazing hubby Steve

Email

Re: Last dance with Mary Jane?
« Reply #50 on: Feb 13th, 2008, 11:43pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Kevin,
Please let me clarify...I took no issue with the suggestions that were given him; as usual, the information that was presented to him, both medical and personal were very informative. If I were to have asked the same questions as Rolo, I would definitely be fortunate to receive the same kinds of responses, which I have in the past and hope to continue receiving in the future.

It was not the suggestions offered which motivated my posts. I just felt sad about how we as individuals sometimes approach others when they ask questions that we are uncomfortable with. How we can so easily allow our own personal views to  reflect intolerance towards others and cause us to act and react in ways that have little to do with providing support and a lot to do with helping ourselves feel justified in our views. It is this “attitude” that I meant when I referred to “ego”. This idea that we are right and if someone disagrees, they are automatically wrong and that we have a right to condemn or judge their beliefs, choices or lifestyle. But this is only a small manifestation of “ego”...and we all have one, it is part of being human. It's nothing to be ashamed of as it serves us well in many ways.  

And no Linda, you would be incorrect if you jumped to the conclusion that it was you my posts were directed at. They were not directed at anyone in particular at all. They were simply a reminder for all of us, including myself, what our purpose here is and what, I believe, this website was created for. Although we have never met, you have been there for me when I was at my whit's end and I respect you and the content of many of your posts as well as your role in family services.
Bottom line for me is that I don't want to be the cause of anyone leaving this site or feeling personally attacked. This site is for CH sufferers and their supporters. Yes, people come here just screwing around and pushing their personal agendas, their called trolls and they're a pain in the ass. But unless we know for a fact that someone is just screwing with “us”, I, for one, would rather error on the side of caution in case the 'troll' is a legitimate 'clusterhead'.  

I've taken up enough space on this thread and I'll return to doing what I do best which is keeping my mouth (or, in this instance, my fingers) shut.  

Happy Valentine's Day everyone.
IP Logged

My disabling chronic illness is more real than your imaginary medical expertise...
thebbz
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Ow,Ow,Ow

Email

« Reply #51 on: Feb 13th, 2008, 11:47pm »

Wow. Undecided
thebb Wink
IP Logged

It wasn't me I didn't do it
Rolomatic
New Board Newbie
USA 

Still learning to play well with others!

« Reply #52 on: Feb 14th, 2008, 1:51am »

Maybe, I got laid off because I would not lie for my boss who once burned out a $1,000.00 control panel at a church and then would not pay me overtime to replace it on a Friday afternoon when I had 42 hours in already that week. And then he charged the church for the time and material at $75.00 hr. and at least he gave them the panel for cost.

Maybe, I passed that drug test, and now have a great job with a fortune 500 company.

Maybe, I really wanted help with my CH, and was just venting about the drug test because I was in that situation and need to feed my kids that are 5 & 7.

Maybe, there a lot of people that (even though I have never met them) I would pull out of a wreaked car in the middle of the freeway no matter what they have done in their life.

Maybe, there are a few members on this board that are a little too critical of others.

Maybe, that is why I deleted my user name to make me stop and think if I really wanted to post anymore after the morbid attacks I received for a small criticism of a miniscule proportion.
IP Logged

O2 is the only thing that can beat down the Beast when it visits me!
DragonSlayer
New Board Veteran
USA 

That pain is only 1/2 as bad as you think it is!!!

Email

« Reply #53 on: Feb 14th, 2008, 2:45am »

Welcome Back!
IP Logged

Mr. Spock tried Vulcan mind meld during one of my K10 hits. You saw how he reacted on TV... then the movie "he's dead Jim"... But he came back....
Kevin_M
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

withered branches grow green again.

« Reply #54 on: Feb 14th, 2008, 6:59am »

on Feb 14th, 2008, 1:51am, Crucified wrote:
Maybe, I really wanted help with my CH, ...

on Feb 13th, 2008, 11:43pm, Miz_D wrote:
Please let me clarify...

But as of yet, you still haven't given a word of what your valid information, opinion, or 2 cents is for him in his stated situation with clusters, only that other's have been ego driven.

That takes some ego without your own input.

« Last Edit: Feb 14th, 2008, 7:09am by Kevin_M » IP Logged
Kevin_M
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

withered branches grow green again.

« Reply #55 on: Feb 14th, 2008, 7:13am »

on Feb 14th, 2008, 1:51am, Crucified wrote:
Maybe, there are a few members on this board that are a little too critical of others.

You mean like this one?

on Feb 8th, 2008, 12:01am, rolo65 wrote:
I guess you don't read very well do you!

IP Logged
Ray
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Ray and Shade

raymond759  
WWW Email

« Reply #56 on: Feb 14th, 2008, 8:26am »

Dear Clustervillians:

I am seldom preachy, or at least try...

When someone is in pain or in distress, they often don't choose their words in the most politically correct and polite way.  As a Christian, and as a person, I feel that it is time to forgive and forget any perceived slights, real or imagined, and welcome our brother back into our midst.

The tendency to hang on to "offence" causes only bitterness and division; I'd prefer to heal and move on.

I'm climbing off of my soapbox now, but try to think about it and move on.

With best wishes,

Ray
IP Logged

You have my prayers and compassion-I'm right there with you.

Dum tempus habemus, operemur bonum
*While we have the time, let us do good*

http://www.myspace.com/rayplace
http://www.shadesgarden.com
vietvet2tours
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Team MOOSE DROOL Stinky Stuff on a Hook Prostaff

« Reply #57 on: Feb 14th, 2008, 10:32am »

Where the heck is this thread going?

Potter
IP Logged

Kill em all let God sort em out
Melissa
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Gone Crazy. Be back soon.

« Reply #58 on: Feb 14th, 2008, 10:35am »

on Feb 14th, 2008, 10:32am, vietvet2tours wrote:
    Where the heck is this thread going?

Potter

Hopefully nowhere.  I think it's time to move on!

(sorry I have now contributed to it still going Embarassed)
IP Logged

DON'T WORRY ABOUT NOTTIN - NOTTIN IS ALRIGHT

My mosaic Crosses on Etsy: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5494187
Rolomatic
New Board Newbie
USA 

« Reply #59 on: Feb 14th, 2008, 2:37pm »

Hey Mister over quote, you wanted my 2 cents so feel free to quote this. bow

If your butt was as big as your stroked out ego, you would need a silo to crap in!

PS; sorry if I ofended you Sir quotes a lot.
« Last Edit: Feb 14th, 2008, 6:00pm by Rolomatic » IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Low Four!

« Reply #60 on: Feb 14th, 2008, 2:45pm »

on Feb 14th, 2008, 2:37pm, Crucified wrote:

If you butt was as big as your stroked out ego, you would need a silo to crap in!

So much for forgiving and forgetting.
IP Logged

Always remember that you're unique, just like everyone else.
Annette
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Australia 

Veni Vidi Velcro

Email

« Reply #61 on: Feb 14th, 2008, 3:06pm »

on Feb 14th, 2008, 2:37pm, Crucified wrote:

If you butt was as big as your stroked out ego, you would need a silo to crap in!

Instead of coming back and making peace by apologizing to Linda for telling her that she couldnt read well, this person came back with a whole lot of "maybe"s and a complaint that he was "crucified".

I read the whole thread, the only thing people were asking for was for him to clarify his posts and to apologise to a real lady, which he has refused to do.  

Its strange that someone who would be prepared to pull a complete stranger out of a wrecked car in the middle of a highway  found it so hard to apologise for something rude which he did say to a member of a board whose support he was apparently seeking !

Instead he immediately verbally bashed the next person who questioned once more, in a very rude way.

In pain or not in pain, that was deliberate.  

Sounds like a troll to me ...  
IP Logged

Mediocrity knows nothing higher than itself; but talent instantly recognizes genius.
Arthur Conan Doyle
Rolomatic
New Board Newbie
USA 

« Reply #62 on: Feb 14th, 2008, 3:27pm »

I’m sorry Brew, but I find the journey to the forgiveness store difficult when the sharks have disemboweled me and taken my arms and legs.

That was all I had to get out of my system, besides he asked for my two cents and he got it.

I don’t see anyone beating the drum to get apologies for what was said to me on the board.

I’m man enough to admit to my mistakes and I expect the same in return. I never join in on the feeding frenzies except when it’s a troll in need.

It’s all out of my system now and I hope that is good enough. I PM’ed Linda and worked things out with her. So please forgive me because it is over as far as I’m concerned.
IP Logged

nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #63 on: Feb 14th, 2008, 3:43pm »

on Feb 14th, 2008, 3:06pm, Annette wrote:

Sounds like a troll to me ...  

spit    Now that's funny.  

Fer chrissake people...

Roland is a good guy, who's original post was misunderstood.
Any apologies that need to happen can happen in private. This board doesn't need apology police.  

Linda is a woman of character and compassion, with a heart of gold.

This doesn't need to go any further than here. Shall we get over ourselves now?
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
Brew
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Low Four!

« Reply #64 on: Feb 14th, 2008, 5:57pm »

on Feb 14th, 2008, 3:27pm, Crucified wrote:
I’m sorry Brew, but I find the journey to the forgiveness store difficult when the sharks have disemboweled me and taken my arms and legs.

Look, I wasn't asking for your forgiveness, nor do I feel like I owe you any of mine. Anybody has a problem, I think they should take it to private message.

You might well be the good guy several here are saying. I don't know you, so I'll reserve judgement. I'll treat you like any other person I don't know - with respect and dignity.

As to lamenting the loss of your ability to get high, personally I think it's a waste of time and money. Even worse, it causes one to withdraw instead of embracing life with all its ups and downs. If it helps your CH, you'd be the first one I heard of for whom it does.

I think we can all get past this. Do stick around.
IP Logged

Always remember that you're unique, just like everyone else.
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss