Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 26th, 2024, 6:49am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Who is who here to the newcommers »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Getting to Know Ya
(Moderator: DJ)
   Who is who here to the newcommers
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7  ...  19 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Who is who here to the newcommers  (Read 24359 times)
E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

Re: Who is who here to the newcommers
« Reply #100 on: Jan 19th, 2006, 5:34pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Jan 19th, 2006, 11:28am, upnover wrote:
Hi
I'm new here but have been a ch for about 14yrs..
35yrs old married with two great girls 18mths and 7yrs old.

I wish I had found this site a long time ago but better late than never.

There ya go Tom! Now we can see ya.
Sweet Jeep!
Eric
IP Logged

I can't believe that I have to bang my
Head against this wall again
But the blows they have just a little more
Space in-between them
Gonna take a breath and try again.
upnover
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #101 on: Jan 20th, 2006, 10:23am »

Thanks E  
my head and that steering wheel have a few yrs of history if you know what I mean?
IP Logged

Tom
marlinsfan
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love this place!

Email

« Reply #102 on: Jan 20th, 2006, 10:37am »

Welcome, tom. Still can't see the pic, though...
IP Logged
upnover
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #103 on: Jan 20th, 2006, 5:40pm »

try this for the pic
http://community.webshots.com/photo/320021053/1320027437068252862hmMeej#

you can't really see much but its really the only pic of me I have
IP Logged

Tom
purpleydog
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #104 on: Jan 22nd, 2006, 4:58pm »

Here I am talking to another CH'er on Skype. I've had these damn things since May of 2000. I was diagnosed very shortly after I that by my GP. I started out being episodic, and went chronic almost a year ago. At first, there wasn't much that worked for me, but after this last cycle started 22 months ago, I found out trex injections work, and O2 also.

I've decided that I can't let this run my life, or that's all my life would be. I deal with it and move on. There's always the thought in the back of my mind, knowing right when the next hit is coming. But I keep it there, and when they come, they come. Not to say I'm not a cursing crying idiot when I'm getting hit. But then it's over. And they always end. Always.

Chris

IP Logged

agonymum
New Board Junior
United_Kingdom 

« Reply #105 on: Jan 23rd, 2006, 2:09am »

hi im a newbie , this is me with my beautiful neice , i have 2 children a son aged 16 and a daughter aged 8 , thay are my world .
i feel as though i have found an oasis here , wish none of us had to suffer this , but i dont feel alone anymore , thankyou all .
IP Logged
wildhaus
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Switzerland 

« Reply #106 on: Jan 29th, 2006, 9:18am »

Hi  my name is Michael (from Switzerland) and I am new to this 'global village'.... and new to this CH, just over 6 month    trying to get used to all this......  and gratefull to you all for the usefull information and the support I got when I joined a few weeks ago......

my two boys... and  MOM.....you and your MOM are my lifesavers....... and me......

the way I see the world when I am PF........

and the way we have it at the moment ........
« Last Edit: Feb 26th, 2006, 8:34am by wildhaus » IP Logged

Red8ball
New Board Newbie
USA 

red8ballmc  

« Reply #107 on: Jan 31st, 2006, 11:05pm »

Hello... new here.  Started a thread earlier today, but this seems like a good place to introduce myself again.  
My name is Eddie, I'm 25 and have had CH since '01.  In fact, I feel one coming on now.  I live in L.A., CA, and feel that I'm learning a lot on this page, and look forward to learning more.  I'm gonna try to put a pic in here, soon as I figure out how to do that...

...couldn't figure it out, so in the meantime just use your imagination....
IP Logged
Richr8
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

It's all about today...

Email

« Reply #108 on: Feb 1st, 2006, 10:09am »

Hi all!  I'm Rich from Tucson AZ.  I'v been a sufferer since 1992 and found this CH oasis about two weeks ago. Episodic with 12 week annual visits from the beast.  I was recently divorced fom my wife of thirty five years, so I was  up against this one on my own, that is until I found this place and all of you wonderful folks .  I really think you saved my life.  I learned so much here and found a connection that I truly needed, it gives you that little bit to hold on for.  The wife and I have raised four wonderful boys and look at ours as a complete, and not nessarily as a failed marraige and wiil one day soon be able to continue on as freinds.  My boys and I have a great rlationship, but the timing in all of our lives right now and their ages, (18-27) have us in different places at this time. My current cycle is ending, but I will remain here to support my family of clusterheads now, and forever.

Love you guys,

Rich  
/Richr8

P.S. E-double was kind enough to post pic in the post below.
« Last Edit: Mar 9th, 2006, 6:25pm by Richr8 » IP Logged

pf wishes,

Rich

...because yesterday is history and you never know what tomorrow will bring.
"Med free"- A few seeds and lots of O2-LG but not great.
E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

Re: One more try on the pic!
« Reply #109 on: Feb 3rd, 2006, 10:36am »

on Feb 3rd, 2006, 9:26am, Richr8 wrote:

Hey Rich!
IP Logged

I can't believe that I have to bang my
Head against this wall again
But the blows they have just a little more
Space in-between them
Gonna take a breath and try again.
FramCire
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Life like a froward child must be humored a little

Email

« Reply #110 on: Feb 3rd, 2006, 12:20pm »

Hi, I'm Eric and I've been around for a few months.  I'm in my mid 30's and I am a stay-at-home dad.  I'm originally from Massachusetts and now live in Missouri.  I have had CHs since Fall of 2004 (which I believe was my payment for the Sox winning the Series).  

Anyway, if there is a E-Double fan club, I'd like to join.  Along with many others here, he has been ahuge help and is the main reason (outside of the person who runs this site) I sleep 5-6 hours a night right now.  I used to work in early childhood special education but now (as I said before) I stay at home with our 2 kids.

Here are my 2 boys.  

Here is a picture of me at Game 4 of the 2004 World Series.  It was my 1st day without HAs after my first cycle.

« Last Edit: Feb 3rd, 2006, 11:06pm by FramCire » IP Logged

You've overstayed your welcome since the day we met but it doesn't seem to matter to you. No medications are your master, nothing makes you fret, it's a helpless feeling having nothing I can do
Richr8
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

It's all about today...

Email

Welcome!,and sign me up..
« Reply #111 on: Feb 3rd, 2006, 1:53pm »

.. for the, "E-Double" fan club as well.  Eric(E-double) along with many other here got me through somre really tough times too.  It's truly amazing how much advice and comfort you'll find here.  Really a great bunch of folks willing to help and share.  Take the time to vist all of the links and read all that you can.  Not everything works for everyone and you will pull together odd combinations of things for you CH toolkit, and best yet, someone is always here to listen.  

Wishing you pfdan

Rich
IP Logged

pf wishes,

Rich

...because yesterday is history and you never know what tomorrow will bring.
"Med free"- A few seeds and lots of O2-LG but not great.
Jesus_Loves_Darwin
New Board Newbie
USA 

Email

« Reply #112 on: Feb 6th, 2006, 8:07pm »

31 year old male.  New to the site as of this morning.  I can't beleive these things are real.  Had my first cycle in Feb 1998, (undiagnosed), the 2nd in Feb, 2003 (diagnosed & treated with imitrex) and the 3rd started 3 days ago.  So much for being a month for love.....Now I'm dreading going to sleep tonight, especially knowing that the one thing that usually helps me sleep (2 pints of Guinness) could be a trigger for the pain.  

I've also been thinking about all of the recreational hallucinogens I took in my early 20's and if they are somehow coming back to haunt me.  Could this be a cause of the CH????   In addition to these mind altering substances, I was on Zoloft for about a year and about 30 days ago, stopped taking these.   Until Friday I have felt great with a good diet and daily exercise....

Please help me understand what is causing this pain, and what can be done to make it stop.....

IP Logged
Kris_in_SJ
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

There's no place like home.

Email

« Reply #113 on: Feb 6th, 2006, 8:17pm »

Hi Jesus_loves_Darwin

Don't know quite what to make of your moniker, but welcome.  You might try posting your story as a new topic introducing yourself.

There's much to be learned here - about the syndrome - and its various treatments.

There are even quite a few who would tell you that your drug experiments of a few years back might have helped delay the onset of this disease.  Read all you can.  Help is here - as well as the greatest group of understanding supporters anywhere.

Hugs,

Kris
IP Logged

I'm a small woman in small town being chased by a VERY BIG BEAST!
Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Give me a shovel Ill dig my own grave!

WWW Email

« Reply #114 on: Feb 6th, 2006, 8:22pm »

on Feb 6th, 2006, 8:07pm, Jesus_Loves_Darwin wrote:
I've also been thinking about all of the recreational hallucinogens I took in my early 20's and if they are somehow coming back to haunt me.  Could this be a cause of the CH????  

I doubt it.... Check here http://www.clusterbusters.com/

This site was built by some dudes that come to this site.

Welcome aboard....sorry you have to be here my friend!!
IP Logged

It is up to YOU to educate yourself and then help your doctor plan your treatment. If you just sit down in front of your doctor and say "make me better" you are setting yourself up for a great deal of pain.

- Guiseppi

mt240sx
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #115 on: Feb 7th, 2006, 9:45am »

Hi my name is matt and i am a chhead. I just started my first cluster in mid December 2005 i did alot of research for 3-4 days and figured that i had ch's. went to pcp/doc and to not influence his decision i played dumb . guess what he diagnosed me w/ ch i guess i got lucky ,well not really, I have ch's. I am on hour three of what started out as a kip 8/9 and have been fighting mini ch's since 4:00 p.m. est yesterday, 2 fiorocet in my blood, hot shower, sitting in front of puter rocking w/a cold  towel on my neck. lol and here i am letting everyone know me. Sorry for the book thank's for the site. see everyone soon
IP Logged
SmuTTy
New Board Newbie
Scotland 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #116 on: Feb 7th, 2006, 5:29pm »

hi im Andy 34 from scotland
ive had CH for abt 8yrs now but i must admit i thought i had it bad until i read some of the posts. im married with 4 stepdaughters and a son and im so lucky to have my family they really do help me just by bein there, they dont do anything for me wen ive got the headaches but they r there wen theyve gone and for that im so thankful. i dont really know wot to write at the mo as im knew to this and soz but i haven't got a pic of myself. im currently suffering a CH attack at the minute. ive been prescribed sumatriptan 100MG tablets and they do work the only trouble i have is that the CH happen so quickly that i take normal pain killers at the start of 1 hopin that it is a normal headache because im scared of running out of my sumatriptan then its upon me and god do i feel it ive started bashing my right temple against my fist at the mo but again im worried it will get worse or progress to even more bashing. dont know if i should of written all this here and said wot i have.

SmuTTy
IP Logged
Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Give me a shovel Ill dig my own grave!

WWW Email

« Reply #117 on: Feb 7th, 2006, 6:04pm »

You did just fine, Smutty....have you tried oxygen?
IP Logged

It is up to YOU to educate yourself and then help your doctor plan your treatment. If you just sit down in front of your doctor and say "make me better" you are setting yourself up for a great deal of pain.

- Guiseppi

LeLimey
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Great_Britain 

OUCH-US - Less "ME" and more "WE"

lelimey  
WWW Email

« Reply #118 on: Feb 7th, 2006, 6:07pm »

Hiya Smuts,
Come down on the board and start a new thread so we can help you properly instead of it getting all caught up on this thread.
There is ALOT we can do and suggest to help you, starting with O2 as the King has said and also.. imigran tablets?! We need to talk! That is so not what you need!
Let's get you sorted ASAP ok?
Helen
IP Logged

The arsehole I'm divorcing needs to get a life and stop stalking mine

Dragnlance
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Monster bait

Dragnlance  
WWW Email

« Reply #119 on: Feb 9th, 2006, 11:35pm »

Hello,
My name is Lance. You may have seen a few posts from me in the last few days, and wondered who I am. Ok, here goes.  
I was finally "officially diagnosed" chronic CH less than 5 years ago. (sorry, dealing with a hit as I write this, so mind not up to speed) Anyway I had gone thru hundereds of doctors over the years, trying to find one that knew something about HA. Finally I made a trip to the local emergency room, and found an ER Doc who actually knew how to abort an HA. What a shock.  

Some of the worst diagnosis I have had... One doctor made me wear a neck brace for 3 days!! I did it for 2 days, because I had no idea, but since it had no effect (go figure), I stopped wearing, and cancelled the Physical therapy that he also scheduled. I had one doctor tell me that headaches do not get as bad as I described, and walked out on me. Many, Oh so many just prescribed all the usual pain killers. I was accused in the ER once that I was looking for drugs, and they even sent a nurse in to test it by asking if I wanted a morphine shot.  When I screamed at her that I didnt want the damn morphine, and to keep the shit away from me, they suddenly became interested in helping me.  

I am a Computer Repair Technician, a digital artist, outdoorsman. Not quite your typical geek. (I post my picture on my website at www.digital-phantasies.com )  
I have been described as "too honest for my own good", by my customers. I am known for my smile, and many of my customers still have no idea that I have CH. I did share Simon's letter with some of my regulars, since they know I have headaches, but not how bad.  

I hope this gives you a little insight to who I am. The artwork I display on my website will also give you some more insights.  

Here's wishing you all Pain Free dayz, nitez, weekz and yearz!!
« Last Edit: Feb 10th, 2006, 11:17pm by Dragnlance » IP Logged

Chip80
New Board Newbie
USA 

So this isn't a sinus infection?  Duh!

Email

« Reply #120 on: Feb 14th, 2006, 2:49pm »

Hi all, my name is Carl and I’m new here.

I can’t believe that this problem I’ve lived with for the past 20 years is actually a known medical condition.  I’ve been misdiagnosed every time, as doctors did sinus x-rays and CT scans, only to find nothing every time.  I’ve also been seeing a chiropractor every 2 weeks for the past 10 years, falsely believing that the relief I got after several weeks of intense adjustments was actually curing the problem.    

I’d been free of the headaches for about a year and a half, but when they started again around 6 weeks ago, I really got mad and determined to finally find out what was really going on.  I finally went to a neurologist and found the information about cluster headaches on his web site.  I was shocked!  Everything mentioned fit me to a tee.  

My history:

40, male, married, 2 kids in college.  Live in Michigan  

CH’s are always on the right side of my face, behind the eye, with pain in back of neck and top of right shoulder.  Right eye waters. Right nasal passage completely blocks up.  Severe attacks will actually cause my body to twitch involuntarily when I get the ice pick stabbing sensation in the back of my eye.

CH cycle always starts in Dec or Jan and lasts 4-6 weeks.  Remission time typically 1 or 2 years.

CH always starts in the evening when I go to sleep.  1-2 times a night.

Sure fire triggers.  Alcohol, smelling perfume that contains Orace root, oxygen deprivation.

Things that have worked for me to abort the CH  
– HOT shower on neck while stretching if done in the first few minutes.
– Working out until almost totally exhausted.  Increases oxygen level in bloodstream.

Drugs I’ve tried
 Flexeril 10mg (because I thought the cause was muscle spasms) combined with Vicodin 7.5/750 (I’d use a double dose).  If I got lucky the pain would be masked a little bit, but this generally didn’t work well.

Recently my neurologist put me on Prednisone 20mg.  This immediately stopped the attack. However, as the dosage was reduced the attacks came back.  My side effects were – insomnia and a change in my voice at first which has since returned to normal.

First CHs I can remember were my senior year in high school and would always be triggered during swim team practice.  My theory about this is oxygen deprivation due to breathing the heavy layer of chlorine gas on the surface of the pool was the trigger.  I eventually had to quit the team because of the headaches.

The next recurrence of CHs happened approximately 11 years later, after I was involved in a bicycle racing accident.  I went over the bars at approx 30mph and into the payment.  I was unconscious for 15min.  Suffered a severe concussion (the helmet saved my life!) and completely tore all connective tissue from under my right shoulder blade and back.  It took me about a year and a half to heal physically.  The memory problems caused by the closed head injury took much longer to overcome, but my brain “re-wired” and my memory is better than ever now.

From the time I had my accident until yesterday, I firmly believed that the headaches I was having were due to scare tissue and muscle spasms in my right shoulder from the racing accident.  Now I believe that the CH’s are due to the head trauma that I suffered in the accident.  This gives me an entirely different way of attacking this problem.  I finally feel informed and empowered about this problem and will defeat this beast.  

I just put new windows in my house this year, so the place is sealed up pretty well.  Little fresh air gets in or out.  I now know why using my wood burning stone to heat the house was triggering an attack.  It is because the stove is consuming the oxygen in the house which is sealed up like a drum.  As soon as I open a window to get fresh air in or I go outside for 5-10 minutes the CH attack subsides.  

For me, aside from the triggers of alcohol and perfume, I believe my triggers are all related to air quality (or should I say the lack of it).  I have replaced the air filtration unit on my furnace, shut down the wood burning stove, humidified my house better, and last night for the first night in 6 weeks I slept like a baby with no problems.

IP Logged

Set a bead on the northern plains and just roll that power on!
glcdawg
New Board Newbie
Canada 

THANKS........T O ALL FOR HAVING U ALL

Email

« Reply #121 on: Feb 19th, 2006, 10:31am »

Hi, everyone i'm 39 and just found this awsome site.Its great to know that i'm not alone in my private hell. Hope to get to know u all soon. ps-thanks for being there.
IP Logged
Jasmyn
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Mozambique 

Each day will be a new trick in life's journey

JazzdeBeer+de+Beer  
Email

« Reply #122 on: Feb 19th, 2006, 4:17pm »

Welcome Carl and glcdawg!

You are home now.  This is the place to be to get support and give support, we are all rowing in the same boat.

Wishing you PF times.
IP Logged

Jazz Wink

Madness is proclaimed by society’s inability to accept its own infallibility
FKD
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Newbie
Taiwan 

hello, everyone

« Reply #123 on: Mar 1st, 2006, 9:08am »

hello, I am Kai-Ta,Feng , I've had CH since 1980,Finally diagnosed in 1999, this cycle been from 2/5/2006 to now, I took Prednisone Acetate Tablets 15mg*3/day.It seems worked.

IP Logged
Gamliel
New Board Newbie
USA 

Chronic.

« Reply #124 on: Mar 5th, 2006, 9:43pm »

painted shadows over
night's shadows
shining pain glistening, writhing in my rain
covered streets witnessed
sodium lamplight listens to muffled cries
resist and fight
red caps full of bitter reminders
The gray is getting paler now
with each hot blade inching through my head
sleep the good sleep
don't look up at night
it's up there somewhere; don't call it down
it comes when you look there
slips away when you resign
night the good night
head through the pillow
head through the wall
the painted walls
painting shades over
the high, long pain.

From a CH diary, from a while ago, from a currently painless man.

I didn't know how not alone I was. I guess there is some comfort in the discovery that I may not have a tumor burrowing in my matter...but I, as you, suffer alone.

Through this however, we can be better.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7  ...  19 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss