Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 3rd, 2024, 11:30pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Kudzu Survey - First Week »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies
(Moderator: DJ)
   Kudzu Survey - First Week
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3 4  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Kudzu Survey - First Week  (Read 22812 times)
Dave_W
New Board Junior

Pain Free Days!!!

Email

Re: Kudzu Survey - First Week
« Reply #75 on: Aug 21st, 2006, 3:53pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

1) Your Age 49

2) Your Gender Male

3) Are you Episodic or Chronic? Episodic

4) How many years have you had cluster headaches? 20+

5) If episodic, how many cycles in a typical year, what time of year, and how long?  One per year typically, 3 to 5 months

6) If episodic, how many weeks into a cycle did you start on kudzu? 3 weeks into it

7) If chronic, how long have you been chronic? N/A

Cool What brand of kudzu do you use? Nature's Way

9) What dose did you take during the first 24 hours that you started on kudzu? 2 caps 3x a day

10) Did a change in your cluster headache pattern occur after taking kudzu?  If so, how soon after you started did it occur? Yes, first night pain-free, then two pain free days.  Headaches returned, but only one or two a day and very mild

11) How certain are you about the answer to question 10 (scale of 0-10, where 0 is not at all certain, 10 is completely certain).   10

12) At the end of the first week on kudzu, how effective would you rate kudzu (0-10, where zero is not at all effective, 10 is complete remission)?  8

13) How certain are you about the answer to question 12 (scale of 0-10, where 0 is not at all certain, 10 is completely certain).  10

14) What other medicines are you taking?  Include preventive and abortive medicines for CH, non-CH medicines, vitamins, etc.   Verapamil 960 mg/day, oxygen, imitrex nasal sprays  

15) Have you noticed any side effects?  If so, what are they?  Can't say for sure whether adding kudzu to the mix contributed to a heart attack (doc said I was already on the way to it anyhow).  No other side effects to note.

16) On a scale of 0-10, how intolerable are the side effects? (0-no side effects, perfectly tolerable; 10 - extremely unpleasant).  Could be 0 (no side effects) but if it did contribute to my MI, that would be a 10.

16) Are there other observations, comments or questions that you would like to add??   Was pleased with the results.

IP Logged

Old Decrepit Dave
labantayo
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #76 on: Sep 27th, 2006, 6:49pm »

1) Your Age  38

2) Your Gender M

3) Are you Episodic or Chronic? Episodic

4) How many years have you had cluster headaches? 14-15

5) If episodic, how many cycles in a typical year, what time of year, and how long? 2, 2-6 weeks

6) If episodic, how many weeks into a cycle did you start on kudzu? 3

7) If chronic, how long have you been chronic?  

Cool What brand of kudzu do you use? Planetary

9) What dose did you take during the first 24 hours that you started on kudzu? 2 pills 3x day

10) Did a change in your cluster headache pattern occur after taking kudzu?  If so, how soon after you started did it occur? yes, almost immediately. shadows dissappeared.

11) How certain are you about the answer to question 10 (scale of 0-10, where 0 is not at all certain, 10 is completely certain).   9

12) At the end of the first week on kudzu, how effective would you rate kudzu (0-10, where zero is not at all effective, 10 is complete remission)? 7

13) How certain are you about the answer to question 12 (scale of 0-10, where 0 is not at all certain, 10 is completely certain). 9

14) What other medicines are you taking?  Include preventive and abortive medicines for CH, non-CH medicines, vitamins, etc.   Melatonin, Amerge

15) Have you noticed any side effects?  If so, what are they?  none

16) On a scale of 0-10, how intolerable are the side effects? (0-no side effects, perfectly tolerable; 10 - extremely unpleasant).  

16) Are there other observations, comments or questions that you would like to add??   My shadows went away immediately and were almost non-existant after that. My daytime headaches pretty much ceased. I did have 2 night time headaches, but they were K4-K6. I did have several K8's near the 1 week mark. After 10 days, all headaches seem to be gone.  
« Last Edit: Sep 27th, 2006, 6:51pm by labantayo » IP Logged
Melissa

Email

« Reply #77 on: Oct 13th, 2006, 6:52pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I think this needs a HUGE bump back up to the top!  (or it could be stickied again Deej or Steph Wink)
IP Logged
Charlotte
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #78 on: Oct 20th, 2006, 7:22am »

bump.

This is an important resource.

thx, c
IP Logged
BB
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Newbie
Mongolia 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #79 on: Oct 20th, 2006, 10:07am »

Floridian,

Please now that you are here , do you think its worthwhile to follow up on this and see what the long term effect of Kudzu is ?  

Thank you muchly

Annette
IP Logged
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #80 on: Nov 13th, 2006, 9:07am »

bump
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
Pages: 1 2 3 4  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss