Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 7th, 2024, 3:44am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Whats all the Kudzuuuuuuuu about??? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies
(Moderator: DJ)
   Whats all the Kudzuuuuuuuu about???
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Whats all the Kudzuuuuuuuu about???  (Read 65685 times)
cat1955
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

catrn755  
Email

Re: Whats all the Kudzuuuuuuuu about???
« Reply #175 on: Nov 29th, 2007, 4:55am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I have searched online everywhere for kudzu and have found so many different strengths.  I almost ordered the 1200mg strength but figured I better check with you guys here because I am not sure of the dosage that would be best. Imitrex injections are my lifesaver when I am in cycle so there is no way I would want to mess with that. but if there is a chance that I may never need them again I am willing to try the kudzu.  I usually wake up at 4am with a k7-8 which usually gets up there to a 9-10 within an hr or less when i am in cycle which usually lasts a couple of weeks with sometimes a few days or rarely weeks inbetween. Usually I wake up at 4am with shadows even when not in cycle and fear  going back to sleep because I know whats coming.  
I take melatonin but that does not help me stay asleep past 4am. Probably psychological.
How many mgs. daily of kudzu is everyone taking?
IP Logged
Melissa
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Gone Crazy. Be back soon.

« Reply #176 on: Nov 29th, 2007, 7:36am »

on Nov 29th, 2007, 4:55am, cat1955 wrote:

How many mgs. daily of kudzu is everyone taking?

Please read through this whole thread.  There is lots of info. here.
IP Logged

DON'T WORRY ABOUT NOTTIN - NOTTIN IS ALRIGHT

My mosaic Crosses on Etsy: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5494187
Gator
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #177 on: Feb 14th, 2008, 12:59pm »

Lots of questions about Kudzu lately.  Just thought I'd bump this back up to the top.

IP Logged
kevmd
New Board Veteran
USA 

Who needs a hypothalamus anyway?

« Reply #178 on: Feb 14th, 2008, 1:37pm »

thanks gator.  it does appear that I should prob come off the verap first before trying this.
IP Logged
cat1955
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

catrn755  
Email

« Reply #179 on: Feb 14th, 2008, 2:48pm »

Thanks Gator  Smiley
I had been out of cycle for almost 3 months and finally was sleeping so well with the help of melatonin and the hopes that it was over, maybe for good, (one can always dream, I guess).  Then I got hit hard out of nowhere.  

Getting a neuro appt was a nightmare because I don't have insurance and when they say money talks, I beg to differ.  Even though I have had a recent CT and I can't have an MRI because during one of my 3 c-sections one of my incompetant drs left something that resembles part of a suture needle behind that can't be located, I still could not be seen by a few Drs here in vegas. All because they say that additional tests could be expensive.  In my opinion, they couldn't make any additional money.

Dr Hyson saw me within 2 days thanks to OUCH being my referral source.  I had an EEG done in the office and I am awaiting results.  

I am taking prednisone and was started on 25mg of Topamax.  I have taken it before but at higher doses and stopped because of the cost and because it made me stupid. I am a RN so I can't have that happening.  I haven't been working due to these CH but i want to go back to work so badly.

I had a subarachnoid hemorhage in 2002 and then less than 2yrs later had another leaking aneurysm clipped. I went back to work immediately after both surgeries. I had to work really hard to get my short term memory back to normal until a collateral blood supply rebuilt around my temporal artery.I really had some doubts as to whether these events could have been caused by years of undiagnosed CH without proper treatment but Dr. Hyson told me that that was not the case.  

If anyone else has had similar problems, please let me know.  It just seems to me that if you continuously inflate and deflate something like a balloon or an artery, eventually it will weaken and leak or pop.  My CH are right side and so are both my brain surgeries. I have had CH for 30 yrs.

Imitrex injections work for me but the first 10 min or so aren't pleasant so I am still interested in learning any new info on kudzu.  I take verapamil 120mg, melatonin 6mg, slam energy drinks for kip 5 or under and spike shooter for Kip 6+  I will not take anything that can cause bleeding so even NSAIDs are out of the question for me.  I also have clonidine that I take before imitrex because there is no way I am going to let my BP increase and pop another artery.  It's a miracle that I am alive and able to function 100% when out of cycle and I intend to keep it this way.  I deal with depression but don't medicate for it because I need my imitrex and all the SSRI's I have taken in the past have made my CH worse. I have adult ADHD. I have had this all my life but much worse since the surgeries,but I am intelligent, but disorganized and easily distracted and I am hoping to be able to be treated for this but with my history I havent' found a doc who will deal with that either. Hopefully Dr. Hyson can help with that also. or refer me to someone who is willing to. I don't have high BP but take the meds for it in the hope that I can keep it super low so that I never have to take that life flight copter ride again.
O2 will be an option after I return to work and have insurance.  I get my imitrex from glaxo for free now.  And yes, when i am in cycle or for anything between a k6 and a K8, I use lortab and phenergan as tylenol is useless and although ibuprofen can get me by, it can cause some bleeding.  I just try not to use it unless I absolutely have to.  Its not the amt of pain that I can't handle, its the days that it persists that drive me to the narcs just for a few hours of relief.  Just to be able to feel somewhat normal, almost like a vacation for a few hours.
Hope I didn't  bore anyone here, just want to share and let everyone know that without OUCH I could not have gotten an appointment with Dr. Hyson because he looked at this board as a referral from a dr.
Thanks again
Carol
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss