Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 10th, 2024, 5:20am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Whats all the Kudzuuuuuuuu about??? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies
(Moderator: DJ)
   Whats all the Kudzuuuuuuuu about???
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Whats all the Kudzuuuuuuuu about???  (Read 65701 times)
SophiaK
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Junior
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Re: Whats all the Kudzuuuuuuuu about???
« Reply #125 on: Jul 30th, 2006, 10:39am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Dr. Sewell is on vacation until August 10. I'm on a kudzu and appear to have had some benefits. Something's happening. Too soon to report. PF everybody.
IP Logged
TxBasslady
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Bass fishin' is a h00t  It's the catchin' that sux

Email

« Reply #126 on: Jul 30th, 2006, 1:29pm »

on Jul 30th, 2006, 10:39am, SophiaK wrote:
Dr. Sewell is on vacation until August 10. I'm on a kudzu and appear to have had some benefits. Something's happening. Too soon to report. PF everybody.

I took Kudzu for 10 months.   I give much credit to it's usage.    

It appears to have triptan-like traits....without the ingestion of one.

Kudzu doesn't work for everyone, but it was an absolute miracle for me.    The first couple weeks on it, were rough...but then things calmed down.   I tapered off the Kudzu in Dec., when I got my rx for 02.

The Kudzu definitely changed the intensity and frequency of my CH.    

I wish you lots of luck on the ZU....just remember to always take it....and best to take it at the same time each day.

Jean
IP Logged

How lucky I am... to have known someone who was so hard to say goodbye too.

Take a kid fishin
www.takemefishin.org

I adopted a Vietnam POW/MIA from El Paso, Texas!
serendipity
New Board Junior
USA 

huckleberryalice
Email

« Reply #127 on: Aug 6th, 2006, 9:27am »

I wonder how much of this is in my head (pun intended) or maybe coincidence, but I started taking kudzu supplements yesterday and had the first pain-free night in ten days.  I had been averaging three CHs per night, and after popping 2000 mg. of kudzu about an hour before bedtime, I finally got a peaceful night of sleep.

I haven't taken verapamil or any other calcium channel blockers for years, and I'm wondering if my body has just lost all resistance to those drugs and maybe I'm now super-sensitive to anything that acts in that way.  

In a week or so, once I'm on the downhill slide of this cluster, I may break the dosage up and take one capsule in the morning and one a couple of hours before bedtime, but right now I'm getting my worst and most frequent hits throughout the night, so that's what I'm going to concentrate on fixing.

Thanks to everyone who guinea pigged this and took the time to share with all of us!

« Last Edit: Aug 6th, 2006, 9:55am by serendipity » IP Logged
serendipity
New Board Junior
USA 

huckleberryalice
Email

« Reply #128 on: Aug 8th, 2006, 11:11am »

UPDATE:  I have now taken the kudzu for three days (2,000 mg. just before bedtime), and am happy to report that I have had only one breakthrough headache, which I would rate at about a kip 3.  I was having some pretty severe shadows yesterday, but today those are completely gone, too.

I'm starting to think that it really is the kudzu, and not wishful thinking, that is causing this drastic improvement.  

Oh, and FYI - I am on day 14 of a cycle.  I should be having more frequent and severe headaches, but I'm not!
IP Logged
neetnut
New Board Newbie

neetnut
Email

« Reply #129 on: Sep 2nd, 2006, 1:40am »

I too am happy to report that when I feel my clusters starting up the Kudzu seems to help. I mentioned this to my doctor and he is doing some research on it, to decide if he should recommend it to his patience. Roll Eyes
IP Logged
labantayo
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #130 on: Sep 16th, 2006, 4:24pm »

hello everyone again!!!!
its been about 1.5 years since my last cycle and life was good. the longest remission in 16 years. well, guess what, theyre back. i usually just take Amerge to abort, but wanted to try Kudzu. my last cycle was completely aborted with melatonin, but it isnt working this time. i just bought the planetary kudzu recovery formula. just took 2 pills. will take another 2 this evening. my strongest ha so far this cycle was a k9. most have been k5-k7. i had shadows when i took the kudzu today, and they were gone in about 20 minutes.  
i hope the kudzu caused it. i will stick with a regimen until the bottle is gone and give some reports in the meantime.
thanks to everyone on this board for all the helpful advice.
IP Logged
labantayo
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #131 on: Sep 18th, 2006, 5:41pm »

Day 3:
I have been taking 2 pills 3X/day. My shadows are half the intensity and my daytime HA are pretty much gone. My night time HA's have been there, but max out at a K5. I still take 1/2 of an Amerge just so I can get back to bed. So far so good....
IP Logged
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #132 on: Sep 18th, 2006, 8:02pm »

I just love to hear kudzu success stories.  Cheesy
Thanks for keeping us posted.
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
labantayo
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #133 on: Sep 21st, 2006, 7:32pm »

Day 6:
I've had 2 PF days (Tues and Wed) with no headache at all. I did however, add 1 Kudzu (3 total) and 9mg of Melatonin before bed. It was really nice to sleep all the way through the night.
But......
I just got done having a K8. It started at 4:30 and ended at 5:30. I had to take 1/2 of an Amerge to kill it.
I still believe the Kudzu is helping. I will stay on it until the bottle is gone.
One thing that I notice with most of my cycles is that when I think they're finally going away, I get hit with a really big one and POW!!! the cycle is done.
I hope the one today was the POW!! headache and I'll be OK from here on out. (until the next cycle)
Thanks again for all the info and advice you guys/gals have given me (through lurking) in the past few years. Smiley
« Last Edit: Sep 21st, 2006, 7:33pm by labantayo » IP Logged
tracyboo
New Board Newbie
USA 

kanadianwannabe7
Email

« Reply #134 on: Sep 22nd, 2006, 2:00pm »

Hi all. Congrats to those of you having PF days and nites. My husband suffers from CH. They are mainly at nite but has had some during the day and had to come home from work. He was on Verapamil 240mg and Topamax 25mg, both taken at nite. He had good results from that combo for at least 9 months. Then the insurance ran out and he was off them for about 2 weeks. Back came the headaches. He got back on the meds but they haven't gotten any better, worse actually. He's been back on them for about 1 month and like I said, no relief. I took it upon myself to increase the Topamax to am and pm. That's only been a few days. I've recently found this site and am encouraged by the responses to Kudzu.  

Question, should we stop all other meds, esp. Verapamil to try the Kudzu regime? I'm afraid of the fact they have the same effect. Thanks for everything! You guys are a great resource.

Tracy
IP Logged
labantayo
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #135 on: Sep 26th, 2006, 11:10pm »

Day 10
I had a bad night time HA last Thursday and Friday. Friday's was the worse. It took 30 minutes for the Amerge to kick in. Then 2 hours later I was up again with another K8. By the time I got to the pharmacy to refill my Amerge at 4:30am, I was at the peak. By the time I got home it magically went away without taking more Amerge.
Good news is, I havent had one since. I've been PF since then. Tonight is the last of my Kudzu. I will try to live without it after tonight. I'll keep you updated.
IP Logged
TxBasslady
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #136 on: Sep 27th, 2006, 12:36am »

on Sep 22nd, 2006, 2:00pm, tracyboo wrote:
Hi all. Congrats to those of you having PF days and nites. My husband suffers from CH. They are mainly at nite but has had some during the day and had to come home from work. He was on Verapamil 240mg and Topamax 25mg, both taken at nite. He had good results from that combo for at least 9 months. Then the insurance ran out and he was off them for about 2 weeks. Back came the headaches. He got back on the meds but they haven't gotten any better, worse actually. He's been back on them for about 1 month and like I said, no relief. I took it upon myself to increase the Topamax to am and pm. That's only been a few days. I've recently found this site and am encouraged by the responses to Kudzu.  

Question, should we stop all other meds, esp. Verapamil to try the Kudzu regime? I'm afraid of the fact they have the same effect. Thanks for everything! You guys are a great resource.

Hi Tracy,

I wouldn't take the Kudzu and the Verapamil.   If he wants to try the Kudzu route, he should probably detox off the other meds first.

I took Kudzu for 9 months.   It was like a miracle drug for me.   It's important with the Kudzu to take it at the same time each day...and also, start with the dosage listed on the label.

I took Nature's Way brand.  I took 2,  3 times a day.   It takes it a few days to get in your system...like most other meds.    

The most noticeable result of the Kudzu for me, was that I noticed the intensity of my CH was lower...and the CH didn't last as long.

I tapered off the Kudzu in Dec., and only use 02 now.  
Even today, I still reap the benefits of the Kudzu.    

Keep in mind, not everything works for all.  There's no cure-all.   Kudzu worked for me...but there are many who had no luck with it.  

I will tell you that the first few days on nothing but Kudzu, the CH broke thru at a pounding rate.   I was determined to wait it out and give it a chance.  It was well worth the wait.

I'm real sorry your hubby suffers with CH.   I know it's tough for you to witness the pain.   There's lots of support here...and there's no question that someone can't answer.   Feel free to vent or ask whatever questions you may think of.  

Remember to take time for yourself, Tracy.  

Let us know how things are going...someone usually here 24/7.

Jean
IP Logged

Take a kid fishin
www.takemefishin.org

TxBasslady
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #137 on: Sep 27th, 2006, 12:41am »

on Sep 26th, 2006, 11:10pm, labantayo wrote:
Day 10
I had a bad night time HA last Thursday and Friday. Friday's was the worse. It took 30 minutes for the Amerge to kick in. Then 2 hours later I was up again with another K8. By the time I got to the pharmacy to refill my Amerge at 4:30am, I was at the peak. By the time I got home it magically went away without taking more Amerge.
Good news is, I havent had one since. I've been PF since then. Tonight is the last of my Kudzu. I will try to live without it after tonight. I'll keep you updated.

Lots of vibes and best wishes that your cycle is coming to an end!   Grin

Let us know... Wink

Jean
IP Logged

Take a kid fishin
www.takemefishin.org

Melissa

Email

« Reply #138 on: Oct 13th, 2006, 6:53pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

BUMP because I don't want this to get lost!

Smiley
IP Logged
Charlotte
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #139 on: Oct 20th, 2006, 7:20am »

Bump.

This is an important resource.

thx, c
IP Logged
andrewjb
New Board Hall of Famer
England 

when the love of power becomes the power of love !

Email

« Reply #140 on: Oct 20th, 2006, 3:52pm »

Wink. yet again, free open discussion proves to be so very helpful. thankyou. andrew
IP Logged
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #141 on: Nov 13th, 2006, 9:08am »

bump
IP Logged

johnd7
New Board Newbie

« Reply #142 on: Nov 19th, 2006, 2:25pm »

So is this stuff sold in stores?  GNC?  Whole Foods?  Wal-Mart?  Anywhere?
IP Logged

Be not angry that you cannot make others as you wish them to be, since you cannot make yourself as you wish to be.
-Thomas a Kempis
Charlotte
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #143 on: Nov 19th, 2006, 2:42pm »

I get mine by mail, ordering fro iherb on the ienternet.
Charlotte
IP Logged
johnd7
New Board Newbie

« Reply #144 on: Nov 20th, 2006, 12:40am »

on Nov 19th, 2006, 2:42pm, Charlotte wrote:
I get mine by mail, ordering fro iherb on the ienternet.
Charlotte

Yeah, I was just hoping to get today and could not find at GNC.
IP Logged

Be not angry that you cannot make others as you wish them to be, since you cannot make yourself as you wish to be.
-Thomas a Kempis
johnd7
New Board Newbie

« Reply #145 on: Nov 21st, 2006, 1:16pm »

One more time...Anyone ever find this stuff in a store?  I will not get mine before Thanksgiving and will be out of town a while.

Thanks
IP Logged

-Thomas a Kempis
seasonalboomer
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

If I think hard enough maybe it'll go away.....

« Reply #146 on: Nov 21st, 2006, 1:36pm »

on Nov 21st, 2006, 1:16pm, johnd7 wrote:
One more time...Anyone ever find this stuff in a store?  I will not get mine before Thanksgiving and will be out of town a while.

Thanks

I've not been able to find it at your more mainstream places like GNC, etc...
But, if you have a health food/herbal/vitamin store... I typify them as being a little more "hippie"-like, you'll find they carry it. I also found a different brand than what I usually used at "Home Economist Market", which is a chain like "Whole Foods".
The best bet is to pull out the yellow pages under health foods and start calling before you drive around to them.

scott
IP Logged

-----------------------------------------------------
seasonal boomer
-----------------------------------------------------
johnd7
New Board Newbie

« Reply #147 on: Nov 21st, 2006, 7:46pm »

I just got back from one of the hippie health food stores here, Henry's, sort of a smaller Whole Foods.  Anyhow, they carry Planetary Formula brand but no Kudzu of any kind.  Oh well, I am just going to order online tonight.
IP Logged

-Thomas a Kempis
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #148 on: Feb 10th, 2007, 12:09pm »

I can't let anyone forget, LOL.  

Here's a handy FAQ, too:

http://www.kudzubusters.com/KudzuFAQs.doc

Grin
IP Logged

nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #149 on: Feb 25th, 2007, 6:07am »

Grin
IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss