Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 29th, 2024, 5:55am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Starting Kudzu again... »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies
(Moderator: DJ)
   Starting Kudzu again...
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  ...  7 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Starting Kudzu again...  (Read 4364 times)
Melissa

Email

Starting Kudzu again...
« on: Dec 4th, 2005, 7:51am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I think I may be in cycle.

My hit dates and times so far are:

11/27- 2:53am to 3:01am
12/02- 6:42am to 7:13am
12/03- 11:40pm to 12:20am

And right now, I cannot cope without anything.  I am having high anxiety, with attacks, so I am going to go back on the Kudzu to see if I'll have any sort of relief.  One cannot live on asprin and Xanax alone, especially if you're me, lol.

Current medications & vitamins I am on are:
Cymbalta 30mg daily
Xanax (quick acting) as needed
Multivitamin 1x daily
Calcium 1x daily
Magnesium 1x daily
Vit C 1x daily

and now I'll be adding (to begin with):

Kudzu once daily unless I need to increase.

Thank you so much everyone, for all your imput on everything you try.  

Mel

edited to add: that the location of the pain has changed somewhat.  Instead of all around my eye, it has moved back a bit into my upper temple and about 5" back from that, so that whole part is in pain.  I still can't touch my eye though while getting hit. Undecided
« Last Edit: Dec 23rd, 2005, 11:17am by Melissa » IP Logged
E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

Re: Starting Kudzu again...
« Reply #1 on: Dec 4th, 2005, 8:40am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Breathe!!!!

Try to knock back that cluster angst sweetie, it'll make for an easier ride.

Hugs and wishing you a quick and easy ride Wink

Kiss
IP Logged

I can't believe that I have to bang my
Head against this wall again
But the blows they have just a little more
Space in-between them
Gonna take a breath and try again.
LeLimey
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Great_Britain 

OUCH-US - Less "ME" and more "WE"

lelimey  
WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Dec 4th, 2005, 8:41am »

Good luck with it Mel, knock that beastie flat  Kiss
IP Logged

The arsehole I'm divorcing needs to get a life and stop stalking mine

Melissa

Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 4th, 2005, 12:42pm »

Thanks you guys! Kiss

This morning sucked, but I'm feeling better as the day goes on...sort of.  When my head starts that "feeling", I start feeling something weird, like the 'zu stepping in to stop whatever is happening in my head. Undecided  Almost feels like medicine head, but not quite.  I also have noticed, that I'm a bit more calm...  Could it be due to the blood pressure lowering qualities of the kudzu?  I do know that with my anxiety, my blood pressure had gone up some, and my panic attacks began 2 days after I quit taking the 'zu a couple months ago.  Coincidence?  Who knows.

Anyway, I'll keep this thread updated...again...as to how I'm doing.

Thank you again!
mel
IP Logged
broomhilda
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Ride it!

witchilda

« Reply #4 on: Dec 4th, 2005, 1:41pm »

hug's on over and kick some a$$ Mel, you know where to find me!

All I have on over to you

Andrea
IP Logged

Suck it up Princess...

Melissa

Email

« Reply #5 on: Dec 4th, 2005, 8:08pm »

Thanks Andrea hon!

Well, now since I'm a wee bit paranoid about waking up tonight with an attack, I decided to take another Kudzu at 7pm also.  That way, I SHOULD have a steady 12 hour stream of the stuff in my system, so hopefully it won't wear off too soon.

Wish me luck!  

*crossing fingers, knees, toes and eyes*
IP Logged
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #6 on: Dec 4th, 2005, 8:15pm »

Crossing what I'm still able to cross, sending luck, and vibes, and good kudzu ju ju...  Kiss
kick butt, melly girl!!
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
unsolved1

Email

« Reply #7 on: Dec 4th, 2005, 11:29pm »

Goodluck Mel! Keep us posted.  

Best Wishes
UNsolved
IP Logged
BikerBob
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #8 on: Dec 5th, 2005, 1:57am »

Mel, what's your situation with O2 ??

Wishing you well,  

BB
IP Logged
Melissa

Email

« Reply #9 on: Dec 5th, 2005, 10:15am »

Thanks again everyone. Kiss

Last nights fun...

12/04/05- 11:40pm woke up from sleep, was such a low kip that I fell back to sleep.
12/05/05- 3:30am to 4:12am (about a kip3) with a residual "after cluster" that lasted about 30 min. Finally fell to sleep with an ice pack on affected area.

Today I'm going to pick up some Melatonin to add to my arsenol.  Hopefully it'll help.  I've noticed that after the major pain has subsided, I have a sort of residual cluster headache afterwards.  I call it an "after cluster", just wanted to clarify what I meant.

BikerBob- I've tried O2 in the past.  It stopped working 1/2 way through my 2000 cycle, and didn't work at all my last cycle in 2003, so please forgive me if I am not enthusiastic about trying it again this cycle.  

Well you guys, myt cycle is normally around 37 days long, so I got 4 days down and 33 to go!!! Wink

IP Logged
Melissa

Email

« Reply #10 on: Dec 6th, 2005, 8:16am »

12/06/05- 2:00am to 3:00am (kip4).  Tried 9mg Melatonin before bedtime, didn't help (I can always adjust of course).  Wondering if I should instead try increasing the kudzu by 1 pill before bedtime instead and just wait to add in the Melatonin when I'm maxed out on the kudzu.  I have room to increase the kudzu as so far I'm only taking 2 pills a day.  

Only 32 days left and already I'm feeling like I got hit by a Mack truck in the morning when the night is over. Sad Sad Sad

This fucking SUCKS!!!

(sorry, had to get that out)
IP Logged
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #11 on: Dec 6th, 2005, 8:28am »

You can use kudzu and melatonin safely, mel. If it were me, I would add a kudzu at bedtime and take a melatonin as well. pf wishes and hugs, nani
IP Logged

lionsound
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

breathe

« Reply #12 on: Dec 6th, 2005, 8:33am »

Mel, I'm sorry you are hurting so much hug.

Maybe giving that O2 another go might be helpful. If it doesn't work then it wouldn't have  made you hurt  more. That clustermasx is a winner too. I understand your reservations, but two years is a long time...maybe you could try it at the firestation/rescue first.

Tons of PF's,
Rori
IP Logged
Melissa

Email

« Reply #13 on: Dec 6th, 2005, 8:36am »

on Dec 6th, 2005, 8:28am, nani wrote:
You can use kudzu and melatonin safely, mel. If it were me, I would add a kudzu at bedtime and take a melatonin as well. pf wishes and hugs, nani

Thanks nani.  Do you think 9mg is enough or should I go to 12mg instead?  I am definately adding in another kudzu before I go to bed though.

hugs,
mel
IP Logged
Melissa

Email

« Reply #14 on: Dec 6th, 2005, 8:48am »

on Dec 6th, 2005, 8:33am, lionsound wrote:
Mel, I'm sorry you are hurting so much hug.

Thanks Rori

Quote:
Maybe giving that O2 another go might be helpful. If it doesn't work then it wouldn't have  made you hurt  more. That clustermasx is a winner too. I understand your reservations, but two years is a long time...maybe you could try it at the firestation/rescue first.

I live out in the country Rori, it'd take us 30 min. to get to the nearest occupied firestation.  It'd be too late by then.  I'm sorry if I sound negative, but I am, LOL.  So far the kudzu has me at 1 hit a night.  That is AWESOME compared to my normal 4 per day/night.  I don't get hit during the day, and so far my hit hasn't gone beyond an hour.  Not only that, I'd have to call my neuro., make an appt., which can take 2 weeks, and by that time, my cycle will be 1/2 over.  I'm very fortunate compared to MANy here.... including you hon.

I'm sorry, I feel bad not taking your advice, but there are many reasons why I've decided not to this time around.  Hope you understand.

hugs,
mel
IP Logged
MJ
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #15 on: Dec 6th, 2005, 11:47am »

Mellissa
Good luck with the Kudzu.

I just wanted to say that I am another who the oxygen has never worked for no matter how many times and how many ways I have tried it. So I understand your resistance.

Very happy it works for so many.

MJ
« Last Edit: Dec 7th, 2005, 11:50am by MJ » IP Logged

MJ
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #16 on: Dec 6th, 2005, 12:09pm »

on Dec 6th, 2005, 8:36am, Melissa wrote:

Do you think 9mg is enough or should I go to 12mg instead?  

I don't know, Mel. I'd say if 9 and an extra kudzu work, stay there...
Having been chronic, I tend to be cautious about too much melatonin. It can be a trigger for chronics. I never went over 6 mgs.
hugs, nani
IP Logged

Melissa

Email

« Reply #17 on: Dec 6th, 2005, 12:17pm »

on Dec 6th, 2005, 12:09pm, nani wrote:

I don't know, Mel. I'd say if 9 and an extra kudzu work, stay there...
Having been chronic, I tend to be cautious about too much melatonin. It can be a trigger for chronics. I never went over 6 mgs.
hugs, nani

Thanks for the info. Nani.  Maybe because lower dosages tend to have a better effect on me, I should try going down instead of up.  I'm going to add in the extra kudzu right before I lay down, in addition to 6mg melatonin.  We'll see how that goes!

MJ, thanks for the understanding and the support. Kiss
IP Logged
lionsound
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

breathe

« Reply #18 on: Dec 6th, 2005, 1:47pm »

on Dec 6th, 2005, 8:48am, Melissa wrote:

I'm sorry, I feel bad not taking your advice, but there are many reasons why I've decided not to this time around.  Hope you understand.

hugs,
mel

Mel,  
No need to feel bad. I totally understand. hug Smiley Thank you for taking the time to explain.  
 Since O2 is all I've got at the moment it gets stuck in my brain ...lol.  

I'm very glad  that the kudzu is helping you. Smiley
-rori

IP Logged
Melissa

Email

« Reply #19 on: Dec 7th, 2005, 6:12am »

12/07/05- 3:50am to 4:40am (kip3) If Eli hadn't crawled in bed with us, I might of been able to suffer through this hit without getting out of bed.  I lasted 1/2 way laying down, 1/2 sitting up in bed just rubbing my head.  At the very end, I did have to get up and move around.  I also shadowed for about 10-15min. afterwards.   I had taken another kudzu just before bedtime as well as 6mg of melatonin.  I woke up at around 2:00am expecting a ch to come, but was pleasantly surprised when it didn't.  I had hoped I wouldn't wake with one, but alas, I still did, only it was later.  I also didn't go to bed until 11:00pm the previous night, as to where I usually go to bed at 9:00pm.  Also, now that I think about it, I wonder if my being on Cymbalta isn't helping with the HA frequency?

In addition, I called my GP yesterday to let him know my anxiety has ramped up due to not having a full nights sleep because my cycle is back.  Seems he understood, as he called in a rx for me for 60 quick acting Xanax pills.  Of course, beings I DO have anxiety, I started worrying that I was going to become addicted, and scared to even take them.  But you know what?  I also told myself that if I get out of hand, there is always detox to get off.  Not only that, beings I AM scared to become addicted, I'm more careful as to how many I take and how often.

I'm rambling on this thread cause this is sorta my journal in my kudzu/melatonin/cymbalta/xanax journey.

hodgepodge

p.s. 31 days left!  (i think....i HOPE!!)
« Last Edit: Dec 7th, 2005, 7:57am by Melissa » IP Logged
Melissa

Email

« Reply #20 on: Dec 8th, 2005, 7:17am »

12/07/05- 10:00pm to 10:45pm (kip4).  Took an extra kudzu before bed.  Didn't help, so won't do that again.  Got hit earlier this time, don't know why?  Seems that with each day passing, makes me believe that maybe there ISN'T a way to eliminate my 1 hit a night.  Unless I kill it with a trex, but I just can't see doing that for such a low level.  I mean, what if I come to the peak of my cycle and get slammed really good?  Then I wouldn't have my arsenol.  Anyway, going to just stick now with the kudzu at 7am, 7pm and just before bed the kudzu and 6mg melatonin.  I can survive, I can get through this, I won't drown myself in the bathtub, that's the easy way out and when in the hell do I do things easy?? Wink

p.s. gonna kick the melatonin up to 12mg tonight and see what happens.
« Last Edit: Dec 8th, 2005, 8:08am by Melissa » IP Logged
Melissa

Email

« Reply #21 on: Dec 8th, 2005, 10:04pm »

Ok, took my kudzu and 12mg melatonin 20min ago and am now finishing my mug of roobios(sp?) tea.  My eyes are starting to slam shut, so will be off to bed soon.  I wanted to write this in first so I don't forget it tomorrow.

night night
IP Logged
Melissa

Email

« Reply #22 on: Dec 9th, 2005, 5:58am »

No more melatonin for me!  I got hit twice this time (first one being a kip5) and am regretting taking anything to alter my body's natural way of sleeping.  Tonight it'll be just the kudzu and a cup of tea.

*cuss cuss cuss cuss cuss cuss*!!!

I'll add more to this post later when I feel like it, lol.
IP Logged
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #23 on: Dec 9th, 2005, 7:34am »

Mel, are you only getting night hits? I wonder if changing your kudzu dose to (all of it) an hour or two before bedtime might help end the hits altogether? How many are you taking a day now? hugs, nani
IP Logged

Melissa

Email

« Reply #24 on: Dec 9th, 2005, 7:40am »

on Dec 9th, 2005, 7:34am, nani wrote:
Mel, are you only getting night hits? I wonder if changing your kudzu dose to (all of it) an hour or two before bedtime might help end the hits altogether? How many are you taking a day now? hugs, nani

Yup, only nighttime hits.  So far I take 1 at 7am, 1 at 7pm and 1 before I go to bed.  Should I skip the 7am does and just add an extra one to just before bedtime do ya think?  Any suggestion is welcome.

thanks
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3  ...  7 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss