Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 26th, 2024, 7:14am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Capzasin HP....my miracle treatment! »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies
(Moderator: DJ)
   Capzasin HP....my miracle treatment!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Capzasin HP....my miracle treatment!  (Read 2062 times)
Imhealed732
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Capzasin HP....my miracle treatment!
« on: Dec 21st, 2005, 10:22pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hello all. I am in my mid 20's and have suffered from cluster headaches for about 7 years. I know how difficult this is and I can certainy understand why everybody has turned to this board for help. Cluster headaches nearly destroyed my life. Imitrex works well, but I cannot take more than 2 shots a day or I begin to feel woosy. Furthermore, this is not a completely safe drug for your heart. I also take verapamil which has taken some time to work, but now succesfuly limits headaches to once a week on a good month. I have made a recent discovery, however, that I am really excited about. Capazasin HP cream succesfully aborts my headaches! I simply apply a small amount onto my nose and over the region of pain on my face. Be sure not to use too much....this cream burns like hell at first, but mellows after 15 minutes. After the burning subsides, my headache is gone. Even better news is that this prevents headaches for me on a bad day. Please try this out if you are looking for a natural alternative to imitrex. Capzasin is derived from cayenne peppers, and its healing qualities are well documented in medicine. if you have any specific questions for me, please feel free to reply. I wish everyone the fortune of finding the cure for thier cluster headaches. Happy hiolidays.  

Scott  Smiley
IP Logged
mcf69
New Board Old Timer
USA 

I am acutely aware of where my trigeminal nerve is

mcf692001   mcf692001
WWW Email

Re: Capzasin HP....my miracle treatment!
« Reply #1 on: Dec 21st, 2005, 10:48pm »

Thanks for the tip Scott, it makes sense since capsaicin is used in the treatment of CH.  I was just reading an article the other day on CH treatment which mentioned it:
Quote:
Intranasal capsaicin, which is hypothesized to deplete substance P from sensory nerve terminals, is used in treatment of other pain states, including herpes zoster. In a study of patients with cluster headache, it reduced the severity of headaches after seven days of treatment.

Keep us updated on how it works for you.  Best of luck.
IP Logged
chewy

Email

« Reply #2 on: Dec 22nd, 2005, 7:37am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Quote:
this cream burns like hell at first, but mellows after 15 minutes.

How long does your CH last without meds?
IP Logged
seasonalboomer
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

If I think hard enough maybe it'll go away.....

« Reply #3 on: Dec 22nd, 2005, 8:50am »

Boy, there sure are some great stories of how people have used products like this on previous threads. First time I've seen a topically applied cream as the answer. Glad it works for you.  

I would be afraid that I end up rubbing it in my eye as I tend to push in on my face and eyes a lot during a hit. Then I think we're only talking about a diversion for the pain as I'd be screaming bloody murder with Cap-z in my eye.

Take care with claims of "I'm healed" and "miracle treatments". As it has worked for you, great. But, often the same treatments don't or haven't worked so well universally. CH is a cunning condition and we all try to avoid referring to things as miracles and cures out of respect for each other, and those that don't get the same results from certain treatments or medications.

Scott
IP Logged

-----------------------------------------------------
seasonal boomer
-----------------------------------------------------
catlind
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Taz taught me the cluster dance

kadiya68   kadiya68
WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Dec 22nd, 2005, 9:46am »

While the topical capsaicin  never worked for me, there was a study conducted on Civamide, a nasal spray derived from capsaicin.  The trials didn't have much success as showing it's efficacy as an abortive, but the anomaly that showed up was that it seemed to have preventative qualities.  I don't know where the official study results are, but I will try to find them and post them here.

Glad it works for you, but sadly, you shouldn't get too hopeful that it has healed you in anyway.  The beast is good that way.

Cat
IP Logged

A true friend is someone who reaches for your hand and touches your heart

If yer gonna be stupid, ya gotta be tough
vig
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

CHit Happens

alongivsiuolluap
WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Dec 22nd, 2005, 1:52pm »

good luck on that one....

it's a MIRACLE!!!!

IP Logged

never, Never, NEVER quit. -Winston Churchill
mynm156
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

hope life isn't a big joke, because I don't get it

« Reply #6 on: Dec 22nd, 2005, 2:24pm »

BUT WAIT!!!!  IF YOU ORDER NOW WE WILL INCLUDE NOT ONE BUT TWO SETS OF GINZU KNIVES!!!  stfu
IP Logged

"Half of the modern drugs could well be thrown out of the window, except that the birds might eat them."
thomas
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

"Hit like a phillips head into my brain."

« Reply #7 on: Dec 22nd, 2005, 2:58pm »

on Dec 22nd, 2005, 2:24pm, mynm156 wrote:
BUT WAIT!!!!  IF YOU ORDER NOW WE WILL INCLUDE NOT ONE BUT TWO SETS OF GINZU KNIVES!!!  stfu  

I don't think he's selling it, you can walk into any pharmacy and buy it, just like melatonin or kudzu.
IP Logged

Religion and sex are powerplays. Manipulate the people for the money they pay. Selling skin, selling God, the numbers look the same on their credit cards. Triptans cause rebounds. Learn it, believe it, live it. I use triptans as the absolute LAST RESORT when treating my CH.
cazman
New Board Veteran
USA 

if ya dont like it take a walk

kingcazman
Email

« Reply #8 on: Dec 22nd, 2005, 10:27pm »

im just gonna back up what others have said the beast is one tricky sob case in point relpax i came on here screaming i found the answer got told to wait and see by alot of peeps , two weeks later it just plain stopped working and the beast kicked my ass again like it never even heard of relpax, dont get me wrong thats great it works for you but wait and see come back here in two months with the same results nad we'll start to get excited. and to the wise ass with the gizu knives shut the hell up not a very nice person.
IP Logged
cazman
New Board Veteran
USA 

if ya dont like it take a walk

kingcazman
Email

« Reply #9 on: Dec 22nd, 2005, 10:30pm »

just so ya know at the end of my last reply i did not say "not very nice person"  lol gotta love censorship. finger
« Last Edit: Dec 22nd, 2005, 10:32pm by cazman » IP Logged
mynm156
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #10 on: Dec 23rd, 2005, 3:07am »

on Dec 22nd, 2005, 2:58pm, thomas wrote:

I don't think he's selling it, you can walk into any pharmacy and buy it, just like melatonin or kudzu.

Nah  he just happend to find a CURE to this terrible problem and rushed out to his computer, found us just HAD to join and let us know all about it in his first post.  He may not bo linking you to a web site but he's trying to get you to buy.
IP Logged

"Half of the modern drugs could well be thrown out of the window, except that the birds might eat them."
mynm156
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #11 on: Dec 23rd, 2005, 3:12am »

on Dec 22nd, 2005, 10:30pm, cazman wrote:
just so ya know at the end of my last reply i did not say "not very nice person"  lol gotta love censorship. finger

moonwiggle   laugh  W
IP Logged

nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #12 on: Dec 23rd, 2005, 10:19am »

on Dec 23rd, 2005, 3:07am, mynm156 wrote:

Nah  he just happend to find a CURE to this terrible problem and rushed out to his computer, found us just HAD to join and let us know all about it in his first post.  He may not bo linking you to a web site but he's trying to get you to buy.

I've done that. And I have no financial interest in selling kudzu or CB treatments. I just want to get out there and spread the word. There are other CH sites that I've joined ONLY to get the info out there. Over 1000 people have viewed my kudzu thread at Braintalk Communities.  Smiley
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
mynm156
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #13 on: Dec 23rd, 2005, 11:35pm »

This MAY be true.   This MIGHT be me with a knee jerkreaction to a thread that regardless of how many we have all read before all sound the same.  However,  We all know that this has the RING to it if its true or not.

We ever we can find help for us then thats all that matters regardless of what YOU or I think right.  This is a forum that lets us speak our minds and how we feel.

PFDAY AHEAD 4 US ALL
IP Logged

cmoore
New Board Newbie
USA 

clusterbuster

chrismo5555
WWW Email

« Reply #14 on: Dec 28th, 2005, 5:16pm »

i have used the capzasin hp on my nose, cheek bone, and temple on the right side where i am affected. I am not sure if it has directly given me relief, but I noted in another thread that I enjoy the diversion it provides. While the burning itself is not necessarily painful, it is something else to feel, something else to occupy your mind when it seems as though the ch attack is the only thing that could possibly be on your mind.  

I like using it, the only problem is it turns my face red as hell where I apply it and i look like a damned fool!

-chris
IP Logged
vig
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

CHit Happens

alongivsiuolluap
WWW Email

« Reply #15 on: Jan 1st, 2006, 6:50pm »

on Dec 28th, 2005, 5:16pm, cmoore wrote:
i have used the capzasin hp on my nose, cheek bone, and temple on the right side where i am affected. I am not sure if it has directly given me relief, but I noted in another thread that I enjoy the diversion it provides. While the burning itself is not necessarily painful, it is something else to feel, something else to occupy your mind when it seems as though the ch attack is the only thing that could possibly be on your mind.  

I like using it, the only problem is it turns my face red as hell where I apply it and i look like a damned fool!

-chris

LOL

IP Logged

StressFree
New Board Veteran
USA 

James4:8 I'm a moral failure, but there is hope...

« Reply #16 on: Jan 6th, 2006, 4:04pm »

Capzasin cream vs. up the nose - interesting. Sounds kind of like the lidocaine nasal spray I used for a while. Numbed the whole inside of my face and nose pretty well and worked for a few days to abort attacks, but then the beast found it's way around it and hit me harder than ever. I had the same effect using menthol creams on my temple, face, and neck. Works amazingly well for one or two attacks, and then won't touch it!!! Best of luck with it though, Rich
IP Logged
beezee
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #17 on: Jan 18th, 2006, 4:25pm »

For all you people out there making fun of this treatment .. Guess what? It works and I have been using it successfully on cluster cycles for about 7 years.  There was a clinical trial on this in Sweeden about 10 years ago. The proper way to use it is to rub a small amount on the temple (headache side) 3  to 4 times a day. It takes about a week to reach full effect. The headache still carries on with the tearing and nasal symptoms but ZERO PAIN. It works as it blocks the pain signal to the brain. I've used it for 15 episodes and it worked 12 out of the 15. The other times I had to use Oxygen.  I guess it depends where the headache originates.  A tube of this cost about $10 in any pharmacy. With all the money and suffering you have went through is a $10 investment that sounds like total quackery worth a shot? I initally had the same reservations. Now I would pay a $1000 a tube if I had to.
IP Logged
thebbz
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Ow,Ow,Ow

Email

« Reply #18 on: Jan 18th, 2006, 9:22pm »

If it worked for me I would fill the tub with it and soak. If kudzu worked I would roll in it.
It is a fact for me, what works once or twice does not work the next time. The demon has this way of getting around meds. If trex was all I had and it had to be injected in the neck,,,,look out neck. Wish it worked for me. Glad it is providing some relief.
jb pokeeye
IP Logged

It wasn't me I didn't do it
chewy

Email

« Reply #19 on: Jan 19th, 2006, 7:21am »

Quote:
.. Guess what? It works and I have been using it successfully on cluster Meeegrainecycles for about 7 years.
IP Logged
vig
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

CHit Happens

alongivsiuolluap
WWW Email

« Reply #20 on: Jan 19th, 2006, 11:54am »

First...
Capsaicin is a treatment, not a cure.
IF it helps, it will not prevent future hits.

again, these are the ONLY posts from these two people.
We have no idea who they are and if they even truly suffer.

We get marketeers here regularly who will be glad to lie and be phony and pretend they are a real sufferer when their only intent is to push products....

I personally have NO reason to believe beezee and imhealed732....
« Last Edit: Jan 19th, 2006, 11:56am by vig » IP Logged

chewy

Email

« Reply #21 on: Jan 19th, 2006, 8:51pm »

Quote:
I personally have NO reason to believe beezee and imhealed732

I ahve plenty of reasons NOT to.
IP Logged
pubgirl
New Board Old Timer
United_Kingdom 

The next person who calls it a migraine eats teeth

« Reply #22 on: Jan 19th, 2006, 8:59pm »

and lets not forget that although there may be two people it has helped, there were LOTS of Ch sufferers involved in the two trials that were halted without being finished as there was no evidence that capsaicin was helping attacks at all.

W
IP Logged

Calling all Brits (and anyone else- all welcome) Join OUCH UK and help us fight CH together
mcf69
New Board Old Timer
USA 

I am acutely aware of where my trigeminal nerve is

mcf692001   mcf692001
WWW Email

« Reply #23 on: Jan 19th, 2006, 9:47pm »

on Jan 19th, 2006, 8:59pm, pubgirl wrote:
and lets not forget that although there may be two people it has helped, there were LOTS of Ch sufferers involved in the two trials that were halted without being finished as there was no evidence that capsaicin was helping attacks at all.

W

I was going to ask what happened to those trials.....

IP Logged
beezee
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #24 on: Jan 20th, 2006, 6:01am »

I just posted my experiences to help people. If it worked for two people already don't you think it's worth a shot? A placebo effect just doesn't work for Cluster headaches. For those idiots that think I am pushing a product for some drug company ... I never mentioned any brand name. It comes in many different brands.  So just keep posting negative replies to fellow sufferers that are trying to help you. Try all the dangerous drugs and still have a cluster scale #10. I'll be using my Capsaicin and smiling thinking of you the fool ... suffering. It may or may not work for you but for a lousy $10  .. try it and thank me later.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss