Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 4th, 2024, 12:08am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « I've been thinking... »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies
(Moderator: DJ)
   I've been thinking...
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: I've been thinking...  (Read 1039 times)
wing_nut
New Board Newbie
USA 

Dude, this sucks

Re:  I've been thinking...
« Reply #25 on: Mar 7th, 2006, 11:21am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Ok Nani,

Here's an update for your study. Sunday night, woke up with about a KIP 7. opened my Natures Way cap, put it under my tongue. OMG. It tasted horrible. Anyway, left it for about 3-5 minutes. had to wash it down. After that I shot myself with Trex. Here's the interesting part, I haven't had a HA since. I have had one every night for the past 3 months and now I have gone 2 nights in row PF. Is it coincidence?
IP Logged
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #26 on: Mar 7th, 2006, 11:28am »

Wow! Very interesting....
Did it not abort the HA, and that's why you took the trex? I'm curious, because kudzu has shown that it will make trex (and probably other triptans) ineffective if taken up to 2 hours before.  
So, I wouldn't stop using the kudzu as a regular prevent, remember that the timing is critical to success. But, if it were me, I might try a kudzu SPUT everytime I started getting activity again.  
I'm sure it tastes bad ... but do you think it was worth it?

edited to add:   I would also not use trex. We can't know if the SPUT is working unless we try it by itself. Kudzu should (from what testers report) render the trex useless, so if it does, it's a wasted effort. And, money down the drain.
« Last Edit: Mar 7th, 2006, 2:19pm by nani » IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
wing_nut
New Board Newbie
USA 

Dude, this sucks

« Reply #27 on: Mar 7th, 2006, 11:41am »

Was it worth it? Or will I do it again. Grin I will definately try it again. I'm like all the rest of you. I will keep trying as long as it tames the beast.
IP Logged
Dragnlance
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Monster bait

Dragnlance  
WWW Email

« Reply #28 on: Mar 8th, 2006, 3:58pm »

Ok, here is my test.  

Monday nite. k7 hit. I opened a capsul and put about 20% under my tongue. Kept it there for 15 min.  
Nasty tasting stuff by the way.  
I noticed a 2 point drop in the hit, (down to k5)  
did not abort but did make it more bearable. I have had some shadows since, and a minor hit yesterday, but nothing major.  

I will try again on the next major hit. Not certain that I would want to do this with a minor hit, as the stuff tastes terrible.  

Lance
IP Logged

BikerBob
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #29 on: Mar 8th, 2006, 5:35pm »

on Mar 7th, 2006, 11:28am, nani wrote:
kudzu has shown that it will make trex (and probably other triptans) ineffective if taken up to 2 hours before.  

Kudzu should (from what testers report) render the trex useless,  

Nani, I'm very surprised to read that. Could you show us the research on that?

I understand that triptans interfere with the effects of kudzu, LSD, LSA and psilocybin. However, I find it hard to believe that kudzu can interfere with the abortive effects of triptans. Sumatriptan is a powerful vasoconstrictor that should work as an abortive regardless of what kudzu is doing with the 5HT receptors (theoretically, IMHO).

Huh

BB

p.s. Dayum, you made me pick up a paintbrush...  Wink
IP Logged
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #30 on: Mar 8th, 2006, 5:48pm »

on Mar 8th, 2006, 5:35pm, BikerBob wrote:

Could you show us the research on that?

p.s. Dayum, you made me pick up a paintbrush...  Wink

Hell no, I can't show you, BB. I've delegated all the paint brushes. No really, the reports came from testers, one being ozzy's wife who gets migraines. Trex is always 100% effective for her. She was testing kudzu as a migraine prevent and when she took a shot of trex about 1 1/2 hours after a kudzu tablet, it didn't help at all. There was at least one CH tester who reported the same, but I can't remember who. It's all on that original kudzu thread (the twenty-something page one). My guess (again, I only guess and follow my intuition) is that it in some way counteracts whatever effects trex has on those 5ht receptors.  

I've been in touch with wing-nut. She tried another SPUT for hit and waited 30 minutes, with no result. She did a shot of trex at that point.  

Lance, thanks for trying and I'm glad you got a little break.  Smiley
IP Logged

wing_nut
New Board Newbie
USA 

Dude, this sucks

« Reply #31 on: Mar 8th, 2006, 6:19pm »

Wing_Nut here....

nani asked me to post my most recent beta experience

The beast awoke me at 2:00am.(KIP 7) I did the SPUT.  . After about a half hour, I couldn't take it anymore, had to shoot some Trex.  5 min later it was gone.  

So, in summary, Both times I tried the SPUT I ended up using my Trex and the beast was gone.  

Dragnlance, only 20%? big weenie.  Grin You gotta go for the whole thing. For the rest of you, it's Great!  It turns into a mud like substance that is not very easy to get rid of. And might add very delicious!!! And the best part...... you have the pleasure of experiencing the flavor again in morning.  laugh

IP Logged
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #32 on: Mar 10th, 2006, 1:20pm »

Update from an outside tester:
My sister (who is ECH) suffers from migraines, too. She uses kudzu as a migraine prevent and uses psilocybin (SPUTS) as a migraine abortive. Both work well for her, if she can avoid a SPUT before 2 hours have passed since her kudzu dose. She agreed to test a kudzu SPUT.  
At the onset of a particularly bad migraine she opened a 613 mg kudzu capsule and held the contents under her tongue for 16 minutes. (She said she was going for 20 minutes, but couldn't take the taste anymore, LOL) She swallowed what was left and waited. Three hours later, she went for a mushroom SPUT and it helped, but did not completely abort the HA.  Undecided

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss