Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 27th, 2024, 1:45pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « I READ THIS, come on!! »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies
(Moderator: DJ)
   I READ THIS, come on!!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: I READ THIS, come on!!  (Read 2813 times)
coach_bill
New Board Veteran
USA 

gimmie my imitrex!!

WWW Email

I READ THIS, come on!!
« on: Feb 11th, 2008, 8:40am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

coach bill here. pain free 24 days, in those 24 days i have been looking like crazy at every possible link, to find a way or a differnt idea. how about this one. magic mushrooms to stop a cluster cycle. repeat MAGIC MUSHROOMS WILL STOP CLUSTER HEADACHES, they even said there is studies at harvard going on over this. when i was a kid yes i triped a few times( maybe 75). and it was fun,  but come on. and everytime a cluster headache had me on my knees, wondering what the hell was going on in my head,and every time i had to wonder if all those trips were finally catching up to me. someone please tell me this is a joke. coach bill.
IP Logged

boy i cant wait till it's my turn to give him a headache. paybacks a bitch
Melissa
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Gone Crazy. Be back soon.

Re: I READ THIS, come on!!
« Reply #1 on: Feb 11th, 2008, 8:49am »

No, it is not a joke.  Please check out http://www.clusterbusters.com

IP Logged

DON'T WORRY ABOUT NOTTIN - NOTTIN IS ALRIGHT

My mosaic Crosses on Etsy: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5494187
coach_bill
New Board Veteran
USA 

gimmie my imitrex!!

WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Feb 11th, 2008, 9:08am »

has anyone here tried mushrooms and they stoped there cycle. ANYONE
IP Logged

MJ
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #3 on: Feb 11th, 2008, 10:01am »

Probably only a few hundred maybe more have had any success with this.  

70-80% success rates.
IP Logged

MJ
tommyD
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Anything not impossible is compulsory.

« Reply #4 on: Feb 11th, 2008, 10:21am »

Yes, indeed, no joke, sure does work. And folks don't necessarily have to take enough to trip, about a quarter or a half of a recreational dose is enough: the "side effects" are at about the same level as a couple beers.

Many folks do this once a week for a couple weeks or longer and can break a cycle or supress the hits enough to get their life back.

And a similar substance (see posts here about RC seeds) works almost as well and has even less trip to it (for most folks).

Everyone is different and everyone's mileage may vary, but as MJ said, the success rate is pretty high.

Read the Clusterbuter site carefully, and avoid the shroms or seeds if you tend toward schizophernia - or if you're pregnant, but I doubt you're pregnant Smiley  

I have stopped several cycles with psilocybin, and a few more with RC seeds.

Doesn't cost much either, compared with most prescription meds.

-tommyD
IP Logged

www.clusterbusters.com
birdman
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Will try anything once!

Email

« Reply #5 on: Feb 11th, 2008, 10:54am »

I was a doubter at first myself.  Now I am proof that it works.  Read up on it.  Read all of the clusterbuster website and know that it worked wonders for me.
IP Logged
hotprestwich
New Board Junior
England 

Fuck the devil

Email

« Reply #6 on: Feb 11th, 2008, 10:55am »

i dont understand why people think natural remedies cant work but suringes full of chemicals do,
it baffles me, some people have contacted privatley to encourage the use of such drugs for my clusters, i didnt give it ago this cycle and opted for a natural remission,
but next cycle or even ive been told you can stop a cycle even starting by taking little doses maybe every 6 months, i guess it works like a preventative, its different for everyone, but the results of clusterbusters remedies seem amazing, im gonna give it ago id rather  have a mild trip than a cocktale of chems.
IP Logged

In heaven there is no beer so why not drink it while we´re here
hotprestwich
New Board Junior
England 

Fuck the devil

Email

« Reply #7 on: Feb 11th, 2008, 10:59am »

if any drug is gonna trick the hyp-thingy in the brain (sorry dont know hows it called) its gotta be phycodelic,
i belive it tricks the brain back into remission mode. what i am interested in is the effects on chronic people,
how much does it help them?
IP Logged

In heaven there is no beer so why not drink it while we´re here
Brew
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Low Four!

« Reply #8 on: Feb 11th, 2008, 12:09pm »

Do you want it to be a joke? If so, ha ha! If not, keep reading.

There is a drug called methysergide maleate. It was marketed for years in the US under the name Sansert. It is chemically very similar to LSD. So far every time I've used it, it has stopped my headaches dead in their tracks within 24 hours. The problem with it is that you have to go off it for at least a month after using it for six months. Bad side effects - like fibrosis of the kidneys and heart valves.

Anyhow - go to the clusterbuster website. You're about to learn a great deal.
« Last Edit: Feb 11th, 2008, 12:12pm by Brew » IP Logged

Always remember that you're unique, just like everyone else.
coach_bill
New Board Veteran
USA 

gimmie my imitrex!!

WWW Email

« Reply #9 on: Feb 11th, 2008, 12:57pm »

holy-shit!!  i said 200 times already that i would be willing to do anything to stop those headaches.  there's alot more for me to read on this one, but i dont think the wife is gonna go for it lol. just kidding she would do just about anything to help too. coach bill
IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #10 on: Feb 11th, 2008, 1:15pm »

I am in Law Enforcement so it was not an option for me. From the reading I have done on it, the doseage you take is not a "hallucinogenic" dose. So you probably won't find yourself humming old beatles songs! Wink

It is suprising to me it has the success rate it has and that it seems to be so effective. But who'd have thought oxygen, energy drinks or lithium, would have the success they do.  

Keep an open mind. Continue to run things by the board that you hear of. We can reply with a great deal of personal experience and save you from some of the patented snake oil cures going on out there.  

Hoping you find some relief soon!

Guiseppi
IP Logged

Why are all sensors, seeking intelligent life, pointed AWAY from earth?
Brew
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Low Four!

« Reply #11 on: Feb 11th, 2008, 1:29pm »

Coach - It's not an option for me at this point as I work for a company that is governed by FAA and DOT regulations. As such, I am subject to random pee-pee tests, the results of which can determine my ongoing employment.

I'm not willing to put a 20-year career on the line, especially since other methods of prevention work pretty well for me.

But if it weren't for that little sticky wicket....
IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #12 on: Feb 11th, 2008, 3:01pm »

In California, and I suspect most other states, it's a felony to grow or to possess it. There are some extremely limited exceptions in some states for the indian tribes who still use it as part of their religous rites. In California there is no exceptions to it being a felony, that I know of.

That being said, if you are growing a small quantity in your home, for personal comsumption, the odds are pretty slim they'll come looking for you. But understand going into it, you are taking a risk of running afoul of the justice system. Like Brew said, if you gotta pee in a cup, you could end up in trouble.  

I was lucky finding lithium, cafergot and oxygen. With the occasional imitrex jab I can keep it pretty well under wraps. there was a time I would have tried the shrooms therapy and risked my career for a chance at finding relief! So I hear you loud and clear.

Good luck with whichever route you take.

Guiseppi
IP Logged

Why are all sensors, seeking intelligent life, pointed AWAY from earth?
Gator
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #13 on: Feb 11th, 2008, 3:09pm »

What Guiseppi said.

Shrooms are illegal, but spores are not.  The online stores will sell you spores to grow your own shrooms.  With the seeds, it is not illegal to have them.  It is illegal to consume them.

You gotta evaluate the situation and do what you think is best for you.  

Whatever way you decide to go, good luck.

IP Logged
Brew
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Low Four!

« Reply #14 on: Feb 11th, 2008, 4:02pm »

on Feb 11th, 2008, 2:31pm, coach_bill wrote:
no pee test for me, but it is illegal right? it is the way it looking anyway? but the web site shows you links where you can buy it and grow it. just got froze up when it came time to put coach bill on the order form ya know what i mean? what do u think guiseppi ?? am i gonna get in trouble for this?? i dont think i can score imetrex at the prison commisary. coach bill

You do understand that it is a really bad idea to get more specific than this on a public forum, right?
IP Logged

tommyD
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #15 on: Feb 11th, 2008, 4:23pm »

In Pennsylvania, misdemeanor for possession of a small amount of psilocybin mushrooms, felony to "manufacture" (grow).  

In most states, purchase or possession of spores (for educational and scientific purposes) is legal, in California and Georgia, not. One outfit that sells spores says they are for purposes of microscopy.  

As Gator said, its okay to posssess seeds containing LSA, but for gardening purposes only, so okay to grow, but not to ingest, even to relieve cluster headaches.

I could be wrong, but I think the Native American religious exceptions are federal, as they are based on the First Amendment. And you must really be a member of an established religion recognized by the feds. Making up your own religion won't work, otherwise, there would be the First Church of Clusterbuster.

Everyone must determine the amount of risk they are willing to take, but few pee tests check for psilocybin, LSA or LSD - the test is too expensive, and the amounts ingested are usually so small (a few milligrams for psilocybin and LSA, less than a tenth of a milligram for LSD) and the metabolism so quick (gone in 48 hours) that most drug testing programs don't bother to look for them. Some might, however, so be careful.  

-tommyD

IP Logged

www.clusterbusters.com
jace77
New Board Junior
USA 

« Reply #16 on: Feb 11th, 2008, 6:24pm »

Dr Halpren at Harvard is conducting the study, he is a drug and alcohl abuse pys.  I actually asked our neuo about this and one of the theories, he told me to bring him any literature I can find on it.  
« Last Edit: Feb 12th, 2008, 11:23am by jace77 » IP Logged
coach_bill
New Board Veteran
USA 

gimmie my imitrex!!

WWW Email

« Reply #17 on: Feb 11th, 2008, 9:00pm »

thanks for the pubic forum tip brew, forgot about that little thing for a moment.  if the goverment knows this can help people with CH even only some people,why is it ingored. coach bill
IP Logged

chewy

Email

« Reply #18 on: Feb 11th, 2008, 9:12pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

If you find yourself at flea markets searchin desperately for black lights and old Doors posters you simply cut your dosage.

Seriously Coach, used the proper way its helped a lot of people who were either at the end of their rope or prefer not to use pharmacuticals.

Worth a read.
IP Logged
tommyD
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #19 on: Feb 11th, 2008, 9:26pm »

jace -  

The is the only formal research completed so far, but more is on the way:
http://www.clusterbusters.com/research.htm
IP Logged

www.clusterbusters.com
kingsiren
New Board Junior

Good Luck and God Bless!!!!

« Reply #20 on: Feb 11th, 2008, 10:51pm »

hey coach, for what it's worth alot of us sufferers have had really good results from seeds, for me it was the RC seeds that did the trick. I just ended a cycle 2-3 weeks early without any prescription medicines (actually thats not true I had to use imitrex once during the first week of my cycle) and I am a true believer, I am confident that with the proper maintenance dosing I am finished with clusters for atleast a few years.

Also, the doses required for rc seed treatment are completely sub recreational. No trips, not even a buzz.
IP Logged

I have an ice pick being repeatedly stabbed through my eye, into my brain while 4160 Volts run through it as someone squeezes my eyeball. You get headaches buddy, I get the Beelzebub on Crystal Meth.
Superdave
New Board Veteran
USA 

« Reply #21 on: Feb 12th, 2008, 12:47am »

Talk to me Brewcrew.  
I'm on sansert for about 9 weeks now. Do you know more about this stuff, will the magic mushrooms mature before my 6 mos. treatment is over?
I'm thinkin that sounds alot better than any of this other nonsence the system has put into my body!

Hi everybody I'm Superdave, new cronic guy of 5 1/2 years
IP Logged

Wow! you mean it's just in my head?
George_J
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

White-Breasted Nuthatch

Email

« Reply #22 on: Feb 12th, 2008, 1:44am »

on Feb 12th, 2008, 12:47am, Superdave wrote:
Talk to me Brewcrew.  
I'm on sansert for about 9 weeks now.  

Didn't do anything good for me, but others have reported positive results.

YMMV.

Best wishes,

George
IP Logged

Ah! The foreigners put on such airs
Wearing the tangerine suits
And their harlequin eyes.
The pain they inspire
Draws in harmonica melodies
And the feathers of birds
Which flame up at their touch.
It all comes to light in the sheer
Debonair.
(Ellen)
tommyD
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #23 on: Feb 12th, 2008, 6:04am »

superdave -  

The hard part about this is that many of the usual cluster meds will interfere with the Clusterbuster method.  This includes sumatriptan and prednisoine especially but also Topomax. See: http://www.clusterbusters.com/faq.html#4

Always check with your doctor before dropping or changing a medication, of course, but clusterbuster seems to work best when folks "detox" from it for five days or so. Oxygen and taurine drinks are good abortives while detoxing.

Read www.clusaterbuster.com thoroughly, particularly the mushroom faq and the LSA faq - there's a lot to know.  

-tommyD
IP Logged

www.clusterbusters.com
Brew
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Low Four!

« Reply #24 on: Feb 12th, 2008, 8:07am »

on Feb 12th, 2008, 6:04am, tommyD wrote:
superdave -  

The hard part about this is that many of the usual cluster meds will interfere with the Clusterbuster method.  This includes sumatriptan and prednisoine especially but also Topomax. See: http://www.clusterbusters.com/faq.html#4

Always check with your doctor before dropping or changing a medication, of course, but clusterbuster seems to work best when folks "detox" from it for five days or so. Oxygen and taurine drinks are good abortives while detoxing.

Read www.clusaterbuster.com thoroughly, particularly the mushroom faq and the LSA faq - there's a lot to know.  

-tommyD

What he said. If you're in the middle of a cycle, detoxing off your current meds can be a real suck before dosing the clusterbuster way. I've never had to go with the clusterbuster method because methysergide has worked well for me (along with lithium).

PM me if you have any questions I can answer. My schedule is nuts this week, so don't be discouraged if it takes me a day or two to get back to you.
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss